Crime Number One Worry Among Malaysians

Picnic06-Biante15

ELECTRIC SECURITY FENCES IN HOT DEMAND in KL homes . . . .

http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysia/more-homes-turning-electric-fencing-security

PETALING JAYA, Malaysia - Approximately 170 homes in the Klang Valley stand ready to give would-be thieves a real shock should they try to break in - with more homes opting to install electric fences as deterrents to potential home intruders. This is the view of those who supply and install these fences, such as Edmund Teoh Soon Meng, the owner of Kuala Lumpur-based Maxcel Security System - who said that his company was getting more orders in the last few months. "The demand is very high these days. We get 10-15 new orders every month," said Teoh in a phone interview with The Star

• "A client of mine, a Datuk in Petaling Jaya said he used to worry whenever he heard sounds near the wall of his house. But after installing the fence, there are times where'd hear people scream after getting a shock as they tried to climb the fence, and he doesn't feel worried anymore," said Waran

Electric-Fence.jpg?itok=z_6a8lIg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

ELECTRIC SECURITY FENCES IN HOT DEMAND in KL homes . . . .

http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysia/more-homes-turning-electric-fencing-security

PETALING JAYA, Malaysia - Approximately 170 homes in the Klang Valley stand ready to give would-be thieves a real shock should they try to break in - with more homes opting to install electric fences as deterrents to potential home intruders. This is the view of those who supply and install these fences, such as Edmund Teoh Soon Meng, the owner of Kuala Lumpur-based Maxcel Security System - who said that his company was getting more orders in the last few months. "The demand is very high these days. We get 10-15 new orders every month," said Teoh in a phone interview with The Star

• "A client of mine, a Datuk in Petaling Jaya said he used to worry whenever he heard sounds near the wall of his house. But after installing the fence, there are times where'd hear people scream after getting a shock as they tried to climb the fence, and he doesn't feel worried anymore," said Waran

Electric-Fence.jpg?itok=z_6a8lIg

Waste of time.

Boleh land always have a lot of black outs or brown outs.

Every black out the robbers will have a great time.

:D

• Praise 2

Assuming these landed owners are rich enuff to install such, they shud not scimp & install a back up generator for the house as well. In this case, it serves an additional strategic purpose. :)

There was a really bad black out many years ago in KL

where people spent like 5 hours driving home.

At a high end condo that had a back up generator

they couldn't get the generator to work and people

had to walk up and down 30 stories.

:D

• Praise 7

malaysia landed property requires

1. high wall

2. barbwire > now upgraded to electric shock wire

3. main gate that cannot see through

4. cctv camera

5. flood light - to be turned on at night

6. dogs (plural)

but this artist impression of landed property has failed ...

dbranche-large.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

I am currently in jb having stayed overnight in a jb hotel.

Last night i went for a walk outside city square where they normally hold the bazaar. I noticed a man following me.

I stopped at a shop to let him overtake. He overtook but stopped. I carried on walking pass him and he carried on following. I stopped and pretended to look at a car and he stopped also.

I turned around, smiled at him, visibly holding my back pocket where my wallet was. He smiled awkwardly and did not follow me anymore.

Until now, I do not know if I was paranoid or I just prevented myself from being pickpocketed.

To all MCF Bros, always have situation awareness whenever u r out driving or walking, local or overseas. Stay safe.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 5

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/couple-stumbles-upon-grisly-find-near-trash-cans-at-bazaar-in-sarawak

Couple stumbles upon grisly find near trash cans at bazaar in Sarawak

Posted on 21 December 2014 | 2,767 views | 2 comments

A couple made a shocking find when they stumbled on the body of a woman wrapped in a comforter next to trash cans at Kota Sentosa bazaar in Kuching, Sarawak.

The couple, who work at a construction site in the area, were on their way to a coffee shop for breakfast around 6.30am when they spotted something wrapped in a peach-coloured comforter next to two refuse bins behind a bank.

On taking a closer look, they were horrified to see human feet sticking out from one end of the comforter. Police personnel from Padawan headquarters rushed to the scene upon being notified of the discovery and uncovered the body of a woman clad in a black T-shirt and black shorts.

No identification documents were found on the deceased, who is believed to be a local based on a vaccination scar on her arm. Sources, meanwhile, disclosed that no physical injuries were found on the body, which had tattoos on both upper arms as well as on her buttocks.

Padawan District police chief Supt Pauzi Bujang, who confirmed the case, said police are still attempting to establish the womans identity and have conducted interviews with various shop owners and tenants in the area, reports The Borneo Post.

None of the persons who were interviewed knew the deceased, and had no idea her body had been dumped on the road beside the garbage bin.

We also checked the area and found there were no CCTVs in the area which could help us find out exactly when the body was placed there and by whom, he said, adding the case has been classified as murder under section 302 of the Penal Code.

The body is currently being kept at the Sarawak General Hospital mortuary pending a post mortem.

• Praise 8

I stayed over 2 nights ago at double tree with my kids. City Sq like most shopping ctrs, if not careful, u might fall prey to some of these idiots.

Was at komtar CC for angry birds n city sq for doraemon. No one tailed me cause I looked like a fluffy fatty bird.. angry look of course.

I am currently in jb having stayed overnight in a jb hotel.

Last night i went for a walk outside city square where they normally hold the bazaar. I noticed a man following me.

I stopped at a shop to let him overtake. He overtook but stopped. I carried on walking pass him and he carried on following. I stopped and pretended to look at a car and he stopped also.

I turned around, smiled at him, visibly holding my back pocket where my wallet was. He smiled awkwardly and did not follow me anymore.

Until now, I do not know if I was paranoid or I just prevented myself from being pickpocketed.

To all MCF Bros, always have situation awareness whenever u r out driving or walking, local or overseas. Stay safe.

Edited by Achtung
  • Praise 2

malaysia landed property requires

1. high wall

2. barbwire > now upgraded to electric shock wire

3. main gate that cannot see through

4. cctv camera

5. flood light - to be turned on at night

6. dogs (plural)

but this artist impression of landed property has failed ...

dbranche-large.jpg

You buy this type of house.... within an hour, both cars will be gone... with a week, all the glasses will be gone.... within a month.... can only see grass growing..... [knife][wave]

• Praise 4

JB esp, must be very careful. Its really a den of robbers, rapist, murderers...

Yup JB has the highest crime rate in Msia.

Contributed by the drug problem in JB.

:)

• Praise 3

a Johorean said ... if you have not been "mugged" or "snatch" or at least "ask for money" ...

you probably have not live in JB or stay long enough in JB

a true Johorean must have at least experienced one of the above ... lol

Yup JB has the highest crime rate in Msia.

Contributed by the drug problem in JB.

:)

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

Student leaps from moving car to escape robber
The Malay Mail OnlineThe Malay Mail Online
TAIPING, Dec 22 — She was too afraid to scream when the man, armed with a pair of scissors and a gun, entered her car, tied her up and eventually tried to demand a ransom from her parents.
Ng Cheah Ping, a 23-year-old student, told Malay Mail she was so frightened during the incident, she could not think straight.
“The whole time, the only thing I was afraid of was losing the family car,” she recalled when met at her home here, where she was still recovering.
She had driven to mall at about 6pm on Wednesday to deliver food to her brother who works there, and as soon as she parked in the underground carpark, a man opened her door and demanded a “parking fee” of RM2.
“I knew he was not really the parking attendant but just wanted money. Before I could give him the money, he showed me a gun and told me not to shout,” said Ng, who only returned home a few days earlier on her university break.
“I almost lost my mind, I could not think straight, let alone shout.
“I gave him RM50 but he wanted more. I told him I only had RM50 but he said it was not enough and instructed me to drive to a bank to take out more money.”
When Ng refused to budge, the man took out a pair of scissors and ordered her to move to the passenger seat where he proceeded to bind her wrists together with tape.
He lowered the car’s sun visors and drove out of the parking lot, heading towards Taiping town.
On the way to the bank, Ng told the man she only had RM500 in her account but he wanted more and told her to call her parents for RM10,000.
Ng decided she must try to escape. As they approached a traffic light, she summoned her courage and slammed her tied hands on the horn but no one took notice.
“Then I tried to open the door but he pulled me back. When he tried to hold me down, I used my feet to hit the horn. We were still scuffling when we reached another traffic light and he lost control of the car and we crossed into the opposite lane.
“Fortunately, there was no oncoming traffic and I immediately opened the door and jumped out of the car.”
The suspect immediately reversed and drove off in the opposite direction with the door still open.
A motorist who drove by stopped and helped untie Ng, who sustained minor lacerations on her legs and hands.
“It was only then that I realised what I had gone through and I began to cry. My hands were shaking and my legs felt weak.”
She borrowed the motorist’s mobile phone to call her father, who drove her to the Taiping police station.
The entire incident lasted less than 40 minutes.
“During the whole time I was in shock and cried intermittently. It was my fault that I lost the family car and I let this all happen, I thought,” she said.
However, it did not take long for the police to recover the car.
“I am so relieved. It is okay now because the car is coming home,” she laughed.
Ng’s father, Kooi Lam, 51, said his daughter was still traumatised by the incident.
“The main thing is she is safe. That is all that matters,” he said.

You buy this type of house.... within an hour, both cars will be gone... with a week, all the glasses will be gone.... within a month.... can only see grass growing..... [knife][wave]

😂 😂 😂

• Praise 2

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/see-how-sabah-thieves-ram-cars-and-police-motorbike-in-desperate-escape-bid

See how Sabah thieves ram cars and police motorbike in desperate escape bid

Posted on 22 December 2014 | 343 views | 0 comments

In a dramatic bid to escape arrest, two suspected car thieves brazenly rammed into four vehicles including a police motorcycle in Sabah.

The drama that unfolded at a popular jogging park was caught on video, showing the suspects in a Myvi, seemingly trapped between parked and stationary vehicles make an escape under the very noses of two policemen and members of the public.

The incident recorded on phones by members of the public out for a morning jog at the parking lot of Tun Fuad Stephens recreation park in Bukit Padang went viral, reports The Malay Mail Online.

City police chief assistant commissioner M Chandra said that the two policemen were on patrol when they spotted the suspects in the vehicle behaving suspiciously.

They approached the vehicle for inspection but the suspects reacted aggressively and blatantly refused to cooperate with the police, even challenging the cops to shoot them.

The suspects tried to hide their faces when confronted and even shouted tembaklah kalau berani at the police before reversing into the police motorcycle which was parked behind their car, he said in a press conference here this morning.

The video, slightly longer than two minutes, showed the suspects maneuvering their vehicle to escape, ramming into several cars in the parking lot and the policemens motorcycle while passer-bys and the police, gun in-hand, had to get out of the way.

Police had no choice but to fire four shots at the front and back tyres of the car to try and stop the suspects from escaping, said Chandra adding that the suspects still managed to force their way out.

The suspects later abandoned the car near an international school about a kilometre away.

Police have identified one of the suspects as Samri Samsul, 28, who is wanted for other car break-in cases around the city and is out on bail pending trials of a break-in and narcotics cases.

Upon further investigation, police discovered the Myvi he was travelling in was reported stolen and found a meat cleaver, tools for breaking into cars and other paraphernalia.

• Praise 8

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/nude-body-of-woman-whose-hands-and-legs-were-bound-with-towels-found-by-worker-in

Nude body of woman whose hands and legs were bound with towels found by worker in budget KL hotel

Posted on 23 December 2014 | 564 views | 1 comments

A hotel worker made a gruesome discovery when he found a body of a naked woman with hands and legs tied with towels in a room of a budget hotel in Jalan Ipoh, Malaysia, yesterday.

Sentul police chief Assistant Commissioner R. Munusamy said police were alerted on the discovery of the body at 6.50pm, reports New Straits Times.

"The hotel worker found the nude body of the Vietnam national in her 30s facing down in the toilet with hands and legs tied with 'Good Morning' towels.

"Checks on the body revealed strangle marks around her neck," he said, adding that the body was sent to Kuala Lumpur Hospital for post-mortem.

He said no documentation were found at the scene. Munusamy said a check on the hotel's database shows the hotel room was registered under a man's name and he had checked in at the hotel at about 9pm on Saturday.

He added about three hours later, the victim, who worked in a karaoke lounge, was believed to have entered the room.

Munusamy said police are in the midst of tracking down a 38-year-old man identified as Tenh Kok Keong believed to be able to assist in the investigation. The case was investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.

• Praise 6