Time for a change of tyres again.

Ahrex

Hi all, can you guys rec me a tyre to change? My size is 195/55/15. I am basically looking for

1) comfort(low noise) - priority as i do not speed much. mostly drive slowly.

2) grip(wet/dry) - above average to good grip would be nice.

3) price - preferably below $100/tyre.

thanks all in advance!

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Try Yokohama s drive and you can visit to kah tyres and batteries for best price, they brought in new tyres with cash so you should get better price than any shops in the market- they have many other tyres, call to check with them; I am just one of the satisfy customer in term of price and work quality!

Edited by Jq1988

Hi all, can you guys rec me a tyre to change? My size is 195/55/15. I am basically looking for

1) comfort(low noise) - priority as i do not speed much. mostly drive slowly.

2) grip(wet/dry) - above average to good grip would be nice.

3) price - preferably below $100/tyre.

thanks all in advance!

Below 100 and want to get a good tyre, quite a challenge. 195 sizes mostly cost above 110 for a decent one. My Bridgestone MY02 for 195/65/15 cost me 105 per piece.

KU31 will suit ur needs. Last i heard, its $85 per tyre of the said profile. T1R will be ard 110-120.

Yup KU31 is the best value for money tyre. But it's directional, and moans loud when pumping it hard [laugh]

KU31 will suit ur needs. Last i heard, its $85 per tyre of the said profile. T1R will be ard 110-120.

T1R got so cheap? I asked is around $140-150.

For that price range you probably find them from Westlake (China) or Accelera (India). They are reputable and not bad. Google it and read the reviews. Judge for yourself.

I'm using Yokohama DB. Now 2.5yrs old 65000km and still going strong. Will change in a few weeks time. Quite quiet IMHO.

if comfort and noise is a main concern, ku31 is out of the equation.

for low noise and comfort and not too expensive, go for BS ER300. price around $95-$115. not sure if they come with profile 55 for 15inch, but 50 and 60 sure have.

pay a few bucks more, tyre is the best "investment" you can have in a car.

if comfort and noise is a main concern, ku31 is out of the equation.

s drive and t1r also very noise, westlake dun place too much hope on them lol

slightly abrove 100 got some choices, below 100 abit hard.

can take a look at kenda kr23.

Yup KU31 is the best value for money tyre. But it's directional, and moans loud when pumping it hard [laugh]

Agree... but i changed to GY F1D5 (top up 45 each) for stiffer sidewalls. :)

Is using 195/55/15.

I rather u pay more a bit to get better tyres. Tyres is the main contact with the roads.

Can't get any better reply than this. [thumbsup]

Just go for the best you can. Don't stinge on tyres bro.

Please check the mth/yr manufacture of the tyre as well. It can be read off frm the side wall, e.g. 3409 means manufactured on the 34th week of 2009. Try not to get something more than a year old (up to individual and also depend on the storage condition of the tyre prior to installation). If it's cheaper than normal that could be one of the reasons.

↡ Advertisement