• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
143 replies to this topic | 55 praises

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Sg2303
  • Premium member
    Sg2303
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear fellow drivers,

As our vehicles age, due to high COE + due to 40% DP required + etc, please ensure that your tail lights and at least 2 of your your brake lights are working!

Just these few days alone, I have come across more than 10 cars with 2 or ALL brake lights not working. I have already tried my best to inform these drivers when we stopped along side at junctions. But there is only so much I can do.

Please, check your brake lights.

This is how you can check your tail lights and brake lights by yourself if you have no one else to check for you.

1) When reverse-parked in front of a wall, off your lights and observe the wall behind. Switch on your headlights and check your side mirrors. The 2 corners of your car rear should have red light casted on the wall. To check your brake lights, switch off your headlights. Step on the brake and check the side mirrors to see there is red light casted on the wall.

2) When stopped in front of buses (and some big lorries/truck), check your rearview mirror and look at the reflection of your car rear on the windscreen of the bus behind. You can see if your brake lights are working.

Please ensure your tail lights and brake lights are working.

This is for your safety and for others safety as well!
Sweeney and 1 Anonymous member praised this
In MCF, 有些人就是唯恐天下不乱。

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Because many local drivers very CAT one (like the avatar you showed here laugh.gif ).

Ask them change bulb, but they want to mod to HID. laugh.gif

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

Sg2303
  • Premium member
    Sg2303
    5th Gear
    Author Image

laugh.gif

I think many are just blur.

I have 1 neighbour (lady) who has all 3 brake lights not working. But she got it changed promptly after I left a note on her windscreen to inform her. sleep.gif
1 Anonymous member praised this
In MCF, 有些人就是唯恐天下不乱。

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Actually this issue is getting worst, I observe more and more cars doesn't have any brake light working at all. Anyway instead of asking them to change, I just keep a good distant from the car in front all the time.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

laugh.gif

I think many are just blur.

I have 1 neighbour (lady) who has all 3 brake lights not working. But she got it changed promptly after I left a note on her windscreen to inform her. sleep.gif

Makes me wonder do they service their cars, or nowadays mechanic don't care about all this anymore....

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Porkerchong
  • Porkerchong
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

alot of those dump trucks and trailer have all their brake lights not working.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Dark
  • Dark
    5th Gear
    Author Image

To add on...

3) Please ensure you TURN ON your FULL headlights (not just small light) at night. This is for us to see you not for you to light up the road ahead (SG roads are mostly bright enough).

4) Check that your headlights are not blinding the drivers in front of you! As a rough gauge, if your headlights light up the cabin of the car 3-4 car lengths in front, you need to adjust your headlights.

5) NEVER turn on your rear fog lamps unless really bad weather (eg. heavy rain or fog). It is VERY DISTRACTING and HURTING to our eyes! I'm gonna report you to LTA if you do this in front of me (dun say never warn).
Jamesc and Sweeney praised this

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Makes me wonder do they service their cars, or nowadays mechanic don't care about all this anymore....

Most of the time, I have to tell the mechanics what is wrong and what to change. laugh.gif

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

Sg2303
  • Premium member
    Sg2303
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actually this issue is getting worst, I observe more and more cars doesn't have any brake light working at all. Anyway instead of asking them to change, I just keep a good distant from the car in front all the time.

Yes, I also keep a good distance until there's a chance to stop alongside, then I'll tell them their brakelights are not working.

So far, all those informed seemed grateful to know. wink.gif
In MCF, 有些人就是唯恐天下不乱。

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Normally brake light failure happen to taxi
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Happen to many Korean rides, lorries and pick ups.

The Korean rides will have brake lights ON when parked. I noticed that few times. laugh.gif

Edited by Kangadrool, 14 June 2013 - 03:22 PM.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Most of the time, I have to tell the mechanics what is wrong and what to change. laugh.gif

That's quite rubbish, in the past when I work part time as Mechanic, my boss always say check everything that needs to be change, can earn extra, nowadays no one cares....

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Happen to many Korean rides, lorries and pick ups.

The Korean rides will have brake lights ON when parked. I noticed that few times. laugh.gif

For me i always notice new e class front headlight right side on when parking. And sometimes headlight failure. Something cons of having e class
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Yes, I also keep a good distance until there's a chance to stop alongside, then I'll tell them their brakelights are not working.

So far, all those informed seemed grateful to know. wink.gif

U good la, for me I don't bother, too many ungrateful ppl out there, tell them something, they give me MYOB face.....

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

To add on...

3) Please ensure you TURN ON your FULL headlights (not just small light) at night. This is for us to see you not for you to light up the road ahead (SG roads are mostly bright enough).

4) Check that your headlights are not blinding the drivers in front of you! As a rough gauge, if your headlights light up the cabin of the car 3-4 car lengths in front, you need to adjust your headlights.

5) NEVER turn on your rear fog lamps unless really bad weather (eg. heavy rain or fog). It is VERY DISTRACTING and HURTING to our eyes! I'm gonna report you to LTA if you do this in front of me (dun say never warn).

Yep, please on fully because it's DARK

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Ooosh
  • Ooosh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

alot of workshops during servicing they will just change your engine oil, clean air filter and check brake pads, dont understand why they cannot check other stuff like tensity of belts, check lights and tyre pressure....put so much 16 point check

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For me i always notice new e class front headlight right side on when parking. And sometimes headlight failure. Something cons of having e class

Is this the "follow me home" light you are referring to? It will turn off after 1 or 2 minutes later.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I notice it alot of times too, is it wiring problem? Don't the owner care?

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Sg2303
  • Premium member
    Sg2303
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Not true leh.

So far I've informed 1 Honda Stream, 1 Nissan Sunny, 1 Honda Civic. Seems like...
In MCF, 有些人就是唯恐天下不乱。

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Is this the "follow me home" light you are referring to? It will turn off after 1 or 2 minutes later.

I don't think he mean that, it's the inner light which is quite dim and only on 1 side of the E Class.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Drivers, please, ensure, tail and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users