Please ensure your head+tail+brake lights are working!

Sg2303

Hopefully you don't crack his bulb when you bang him, else no proof that he don't have brake light. [laugh]

If got car camera, then no scared of breaking his bulb [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Another case here :D

If you bang him, most likely it's he claim you GAO GAO ba

Hahaha

Is it a traffic offence to have non working lights? If yes then I will sabo as many as I can. Screw them for not checking their own lights!!! :ph34r:

If got car camera, then no scared of breaking his bulb [laugh]

Oh u got a cam then u got a case

But nothing is sure one la, later they can oso say if u had follow safety dist, there's no way u can kiss his arse

Hahaha ok lar OT OT finish

Best is see pple no light oso dun bang la

Dear fellow drivers,

As our vehicles age, due to high COE + due to 40% DP required + etc, please ensure that your tail lights and at least 2 of your your brake lights are working!

Just these few days alone, I have come across more than 10 cars with 2 or ALL brake lights not working. I have already tried my best to inform these drivers when we stopped along side at junctions. But there is only so much I can do.

Please, check your brake lights.

This is how you can check your tail lights and brake lights by yourself if you have no one else to check for you.

1) When reverse-parked in front of a wall, off your lights and observe the wall behind. Switch on your headlights and check your side mirrors. The 2 corners of your car rear should have red light casted on the wall. To check your brake lights, switch off your headlights. Step on the brake and check the side mirrors to see there is red light casted on the wall.

2) When stopped in front of buses (and some big lorries/truck), check your rearview mirror and look at the reflection of your car rear on the windscreen of the bus behind. You can see if your brake lights are working.

Please ensure your tail lights and brake lights are working.

This is for your safety and for others safety as well!

Good reminder! :ph34r:[laugh]

Thanks for the reminder! Don't think it applies to my car though as the brake lights are led. Anyway It's very irritating and dangerous especially in traffic jam when the vehicle in front got no brake lights. I've seen lots of taxi with no brake lights [mad]

(edited)

Dun forget headlights too!!

Notice some vehicles' headlights went off or forgot to switch on or simply tigong one.

Edited by Toothiewabbit

It's is always those cars eg. Civic/Lancer/Sonata/Sunny etc. that are using bulbs will have this problem.

Those cars eg. Altis/Camry/C Class/E Class etc. with LEDs shouldn't have this problem unless the whole thing spoilt.

Agree, some cuckoo no headlights. Some headlights bright until like stadium flood lights. Some on fog lights instead, but 1 fog light has blown and the list goes on. -_-

BTW, inform LTA is useless one.

I sent SMS using their SMS system and their reply is "We'll take necessary action to inform the owner of SXX XXXX X to change their brakelights blah blah blah".

But they didn't know, I submitted my vehicle number in 1 of the SMS. Till now, 2 months already, I still have not receive any action from LTA to inform me to change my brake lights. So much about the SMS feedback channel. :angry:

Oops! You just exposed their bogus feedback channel [knife]

But later if they do action and send u a summon how? [laugh] [laugh]

Oops! You just exposed their bogus feedback channel [knife]

But later if they do action and send u a summon how? [laugh] [laugh]

Haha I guess the SMS channel is just for show.

Anyway I was expecting them to send reminder letter only. How can they just summon based on someone else's feedback? But there was none. -_-

(edited)

Anyway as I was driving home, spotted another 3 cars with more than 2 brake lights not working.

Unfortunately, they turned right and left while I was going straight. Sighz...

Edited by Sg2303

Neutral Newbie

the funniest is how nicely zng-ed cars with all the fancy nancy spoilers and exhaust and LED brake lights end up with only 1 headlight working. kinda destroys the entire image.

Twincharged

Is this the "follow me home" light you are referring to? It will turn off after 1 or 2 minutes later.

Don't think so. Saw a few of them with this problem also. The light remained on for a few hours before it got turned off automatically.

Supersonic

I think many people just only know how to drive and dont bother to look out on other things. So even their lights are not working, they also dont know or dont bother to know.

the funniest is how nicely zng-ed cars with all the fancy nancy spoilers and exhaust and LED brake lights end up with only 1 headlight working. kinda destroys the entire image.

Like those who turns on their useless-in-sg foglights but only 1 side working. [laugh]

Supercharged

To add on...

3) Please ensure you TURN ON your FULL headlights (not just small light) at night. This is for us to see you not for you to light up the road ahead (SG roads are mostly bright enough).

4) Check that your headlights are not blinding the drivers in front of you! As a rough gauge, if your headlights light up the cabin of the car 3-4 car lengths in front, you need to adjust your headlights.

5) NEVER turn on your rear fog lamps unless really bad weather (eg. heavy rain or fog). It is VERY DISTRACTING and HURTING to our eyes! I'm gonna report you to LTA if you do this in front of me (dun say never warn).

Good advise. Came across a few liow. Most times, tell them headlights not on, they just turn on the small lights and that is it!

Really Bo yee eh bian.

Supercharged

no lar, if can notify them is good.

imagine u are only 1 or 2 car length behind a car w/o brake light, even 60kmh, its quite hard for you to react if he brake suddenly.

we should always look out for other road users and give way to them if they are in danger, not wrestle them out of the way.

public road is for everyone, i look out for everyone, everyone look out for me, den we have a safer road. cheers [:)]

Yeah... Share the same thoughts.

We can only do so much. If everyone shares the same sentiments as you, the roads would definitely a better place to be in, the drive confirm a better ride as well!

U good la, for me I don't bother, too many ungrateful ppl out there, tell them something, they give me MYOB face.....

Sporeans r a very proud pple. Ty do not like to b told what to do by others.

Many think ty r e smartest pple in e world. [laugh]

Yep, please on fully because it's DARK

I see many beng chia wil put small blue....green....even red lights in front n do not on headlights cos ty wan to show off to pple their stupid little lights. <_<

↡ Advertisement