Please ensure your head+tail+brake lights are working!

Sg2303

alot of workshops during servicing they will just change your engine oil, clean air filter and check brake pads, dont understand why they cannot check other stuff like tensity of belts, check lights and tyre pressure....put so much 16 point check

Many trainee mechs dun know how to chk all these stuff.

All ty learn is here is where u drain oil....fill oil....spark plugs n air filter.

Anything else n ty need 15-20 mins to search fr these things. Ask them to chk ty lagi blur dun know how.

↡ Advertisement

I notice it alot of times too, is it wiring problem? Don't the owner care?

Cos if its hid bulbs n ty chk wh agent how much to change.....ty decide can still drive wh 1 light only. [laugh]

Botak tyres with carcass showing is 3 demerit points + fine.

If tire already can see carcass........ its a deadly weapon waiting to kill somebody.

Tire sud change even b4 any threadwear indicator(TWI) is reached.

Usually 1-2mm b4 is good enough.

Also uneven wear u sud change tire.

Haha I guess the SMS channel is just for show.

Anyway I was expecting them to send reminder letter only. How can they just summon based on someone else's feedback? But there was none. -_-

SG gharmen do many things fr show only.

Ty say we hv this n we hv that but most pple never use service so many pple say. ...Wah gharmen so good.... Got this got that. But actually got nothing. Hahaha. [laugh]

Good advise. Came across a few liow. Most times, tell them headlights not on, they just turn on the small lights and that is it!

Really Bo yee eh bian.

Fix car at ws very expensive hor. Must save bulbs...battery n alternator.

Encounter 1 white Hyundai Avante on CTE with all brake lights not working. Lucky there was a safe distance if not I will have bang into it when it brake hard on highway without brake lights !!!

Encounter 1 white Hyundai Avante on CTE with all brake lights not working. Lucky there was a safe distance if not I will have bang into it when it brake hard on highway without brake lights !!!

This is super dangerous! :angry:

C'mon everyone. Today before you move out, please check if your brake lights are functioning! [;)]

Most of the time, I have to tell the mechanics what is wrong and what to change. [laugh]

Agreed, we sent for regular servicing, expecting them to do the necessary 12/ 24/33 points check, they never did, Why so !

Simply most take it for granted that since owner are expected to tell mechanic them what is wrong with the car-make do with the folowings, as some owner intend to sell after another 1-2 mths ( awaiting new car arrival. )

By topping up means extra cost to them, some mechanic try too hard by saying your pump oil leak, gasket loose or broken, brake pad abut 40% left, and bold tyre almost gone . . . some are true, some r not.

In short, thy try hard, but most owner ' bo chup ' attitude, thinking mechanic trying to fleece us, going forward, thy do tell us anymore.

Sometime the drivers might not even know la. how to check brake light working or not unless u get someone to see for you right? Plus, certain car model quite prone to rear light failure.

I have changed 4 times rear left brake light on my wife's swift.

Sometime the drivers might not even know la. how to check brake light working or not unless u get someone to see for you right? Plus, certain car model quite prone to rear light failure.

I have changed 4 times rear left brake light on my wife's swift.

First post: <_<

1) When reverse-parked in front of a wall, off your lights and observe the wall behind. Switch on your headlights and check your side mirrors. The 2 corners of your car rear should have red light casted on the wall. To check your brake lights, switch off your headlights. Step on the brake and check the side mirrors to see there is red light casted on the wall.

2) When stopped in front of buses (and some big lorries/truck), check your rearview mirror and look at the reflection of your car rear on the windscreen of the bus behind. You can see if your brake lights are working.

First post: <_<

1) When reverse-parked in front of a wall, off your lights and observe the wall behind. Switch on your headlights and check your side mirrors. The 2 corners of your car rear should have red light casted on the wall. To check your brake lights, switch off your headlights. Step on the brake and check the side mirrors to see there is red light casted on the wall.

2) When stopped in front of buses (and some big lorries/truck), check your rearview mirror and look at the reflection of your car rear on the windscreen of the bus behind. You can see if your brake lights are working.

Yeah, that's how I discovered one of my brake bulb is blown. Use big bus/truck as "mirror".

Yeah, that's how I discovered one of my brake bulb is blown. Use big bus/truck as "mirror".

There are many opportunities given to discover your any of light failures.

Even left/right signal.

It's really some people are just to lazy or blur or"simply fck care attitude".

some drivers cannot remember to on their headlights at night too...

That happened to me before because for my car the instrument panel is always lit whether or not the headlights are on. Driving an altis btw.

i know of the Altis optitron meter...and a lot of cars nowadays come with this feature as in without activating headlamps, the instrument meters are light up anyway with ignition...but i hope all drivers will still remember to switch on their headlamps before driving off..

well i tink i got to agree on you with this.

this makes me wonder if the drivers remember they need to switch on their headlights during 7pm to 7am.

Turbocharged

Many bikes guilty of blown tail lights. How much can changing bulb cost? If get into accident then definitely not worth it. Really cannot understand. Haiz.

↡ Advertisement