Changi Airport Parking 3hr for $2.50 no more?

Fattychubby

Budget terminal used to charge 50 to 60 per day.

hmm, could be the same operations manager still working there!

Once, there is a space crunch and there is need to deter parking, he knows a $60.00 trick.

His boss very impressed.

↡ Advertisement

57 dollar per day? Its worse than daylight robbery, I bet this is the most ex airport carpark in the world. Congrats. Singapore for being number 1 again!

I think Sydney was always around AUD 60/day... I used to brag about Changi parking charges to my bro... now have to [lipsrsealed]

Wah lau.

Many other airports overseas have long term parking, specifically for people to park and travel. I really wonder why we don't have.

Yah whats wrong with that? i see the parking lot always empty in changi, why don't they make price cheaper to fill in more lots? Better than wasted

• Praise 2

Hmmm, you guys think there's plenty of land at Changi to offer buget parking rates?

LAX example: there is long term parking for 2,000 cars about 10 mins away from airport. Don't think we have land for this.

In the US, it is probably true most locals self-drive to the airport to catch their flights. So, likely, the parking rates make economic sense to the locals.

http://www.easyparklax.com/

post-114176-0-33494000-1411774135.jpg

• Praise 1

Hmmm, you guys think there's plenty of land at Changi to offer buget parking rates?

LAX example: there is long term parking for 2,000 cars about 10 mins away from airport. Don't think we have land for this.

In the US, it is probably true most locals self-drive to the airport to catch their flights. So, likely, the parking rates make economic sense to the locals.

attachicon.gifLAX.jpg

if there is a need the authorities will find a way

and most important of all

Revenue

Anybody often park at airport whole day? It will cost you $60.00 soon. Time to up that cash card!!

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/transport/story/changi-airports-terminal-1-car-park-close-fourth-quarter-year-2014092

The $20 parking cap for cars parked at all terminals for 24 hours will be removed, resulting in drivers paying close to $60 for full-day parking.

At any one time, 500 to 600 cars have been parked at the airport for more than 24 hours.

Their drivers account for only 2 per cent of daily car park users but occupy 20 per cent of space, said CAG CAG said it will test this arrangement for four days starting from Oct 17 and tweak the parking arrangements accordingly before the permanent closure of the open-air T1 car park.

I used to park for 3 days ($60) when I went for short trips like HCM, Hanoi, BKK, etc...

But, come to think of it, realy not worth lah..

Now, with the increase to per min parking, can really forget parking overnight.. what for give money to airport?

Take taxi to and fro also cheaper !

Soon, if everyone cooperate, the carparks there will be like white elephants, and then they will come begging us to come and park for free... nobody knows, right ? :D :D

• Praise 1

Soon, if everyone cooperate, the carparks there will be like white elephants, and then they will come begging us to come and park for free... nobody knows, right ? :D :D

nope theyll just convert the carparks into more mall space. now u take 30mins to cab to airport, next time 45mins coz of the traffic jams caused by the malls so got reason to add ERP gantry... scholars FTW

The thing is...I have never ever had difficulty in finding a GOOD PARKING LOT OF MY CHOICE when I go airport.

So many empty lots.

KNN, please vote wisely if you all don't want hdb car park to be $60/day.

Yah whats wrong with that? i see the parking lot always empty in changi, why don't they make price cheaper to fill in more lots? Better than wasted

Where got. U go during peak hours when all the flights are landing. It's not really orchard road on a weekend but there's just enough parking.

At least my experience in T2.

Yes Long term parking.

I was in perth that day. While driving to the airport for departure. I was looking at the GPS. 2-3km away from the terminal the long term carpark has started. 1+km later than it's the Short term carpark. Lol. The distance is from when ECP ends to the control tower here in changi.

I think can put more than half of tampines there.

attachicon.gifLAX.jpg

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

The thing is...I have never ever had difficulty in finding a GOOD PARKING LOT OF MY CHOICE when I go airport.

So many empty lots.

KNN, please vote wisely if you all don't want hdb car park to be $60/day.

ya lah. everything also vote wisely lah.

Pay & pay right?

Perth airport use one luggage trolley also need to pay 4 AUD.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Wah lau.

Many other airports overseas have long term parking, specifically for people to park and travel. I really wonder why we don't have.

Singapore is so small la. Even take train from one end of SG to the other end also won't take more than 1.5hrs. Other countries people drive to airport also need a few hours. Very different leh.

ya lah. everything also vote wisely lah.

Pay & pay right?

Perth airport use one luggage trolley also need to pay 4 AUD.

thatll prob happen once the Jewel mall TOPs... somebody has to foot the bills...

thatll prob happen once the Jewel mall TOPs... somebody has to foot the bills...

I don't think so. It's sort of a basic service u expect a an aiport to provide free.

Well at least i thought so until perth.

Singapore is so small la. Even take train from one end of SG to the other end also won't take more than 1.5hrs. Other countries people drive to airport also need a few hours. Very different leh.

I agree but I will be convinced that we don't need to impose hefty rates when our ministars also opt to take mrt w their luggages n family members when they go overseas ok.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1