Changi Airport Parking 3hr for $2.50 no more?

Fattychubby

I agree but I will be convinced that we don't need to impose hefty rates when our ministars also opt to take mrt w their luggages n family members when they go overseas ok.

Can take taxi what. I doubt they park there also la. They should have someone to drive them there. I also get people to drive me t the airport if I got alot of luggage.

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement

Can take taxi what. I doubt they park there also la. They should have someone to drive them there. I also get people to drive me t the airport if I got alot of luggage.

Can.. but sometimes if gg for day trip I.e fly out in mrng n fly in @ nite, it is cheaper n less hassle to drive n fly.

I ever try to take mrt fm harbourfront to amk after holiday in batam during peak hrs (failed to book a cab n long Q), I can only say "if looks can kill", my whole family wld hv been stab to death by fellow commuters for opting public tpt instead of pte tpt. N all we had was just 3 medium duffel bag.

• Praise 1

Can.. but sometimes if gg for day trip I.e fly out in mrng n fly in @ nite, it is cheaper n less hassle to drive n fly.

I ever try to take mrt fm harbourfront to amk after holiday in batam during peak hrs (failed to book a cab n long Q), I can only say "if looks can kill", my whole family wld hv been stab to death by fellow commuters for opting public tpt instead of pte tpt. N all we had was just 3 medium duffel bag.

Then just pay the parking lo. Maybe I don't understand cuz I never faced any of these problems before. Took the train to airport during peak hours before with 2 luggage bags and no one cared. Or maybe I am not observant enough.

I used to park for 3 days ($60) when I went for short trips like HCM, Hanoi, BKK, etc...

But, come to think of it, realy not worth lah..

Now, with the increase to per min parking, can really forget parking overnight.. what for give money to airport?

Take taxi to and fro also cheaper !

Soon, if everyone cooperate, the carparks there will be like white elephants, and then they will come begging us to come and park for free... nobody knows, right ? :D :D

I prefer to drive my own car

My longest parking was 8 days and amounted to $160 parking charges

My dad is retiree. So when i'm going on holiday, i drive there. My dad meets me at the airport & drives back the car. He will drive it to the airport when i come back. If odd timing, just take cab.
I was bit surprised by the cab charges when i arrived back at 4am this time round, wasn't as expensive as i thought post midnight cabs would be.

Edited by Lala81

If stay near ok lah. For me staying west and taking mid night flight or early flight, taxi fare for one way is already over $50. So if my trip is 3 days or less usually I park at airport

Think the next available cheaper alternative is to park at expo with mrt accessibility. Per day max at $20 also. Good for those only overseas for 4 days or less.

Only con is no shelter parking. For those with less luggage to carry. If not, taxi is still the best option.

If stay near ok lah. For me staying west and taking mid night flight or early flight, taxi fare for one way is already over $50. So if my trip is 3 days or less usually I park at airport

Agreed!

Anything more than 3 days (last time) really not worth since it's $60/-, which can really cover the cost from airport to JW extension (my parents stay there, so I know :))

But with the change, lagi not worth parking there.

Probably have to ask family member to drive and drop or fetch.

When can we bring back the time when they have free parking for hours so as to lure us to shop there...

Now, everything is $$$

• Praise 1

I don't have anyone to drive me, so it's either I drive or take taxi. Now they want to I implement per day $57.60 for whole day parking. Take taxi liao

Singapore is so small la. Even take train from one end of SG to the other end also won't take more than 1.5hrs. Other countries people drive to airport also need a few hours. Very different leh.

Is not about distance la. When you travel you take big luggage bag, not very nice to take public transport right?

Is not about distance la. When you travel you take big luggage bag, not very nice to take public transport right?

taking taxi has it's problem too . .

story : just came back to Changi airport from a tour. had 3 luggage. One about 29". At the taxi stand, the taxi uncle's first reaction was to express unhappiness at the luggage size. So, I asked him - do you want to take us. The 29 inch luggage was placed at the front seat.

After leaving the airport, around Simei area, the driver started to complain. said something like, his chest got hurt for lifting the heavy luggage.; that he had some heart problem, etc ....... So, I told him maybe we should quit the journey as he does not seem fit to drive.

What an unpleasant experience. However, along the way to Jurong, he began to realise his mistake and became more friendly.

story : just came back to Changi airport from a tour. had 3 luggage. One about 29". At the taxi stand, the taxi uncle's first reaction was to express unhappiness at the luggage size. So, I asked him - do you want to take us. The 29 inch luggage was placed at the front seat.

After leaving the airport, around Simei area, the driver started to complain. said something like, his chest got hurt for lifting the heavy luggage.; that he had some heart problem, etc ....... So, I told him maybe we should quit the journey as he does not seem fit to drive.

What an unpleasant experience. However, along the way to Jurong, he began to realise his mistake and became more friendly.

Whats wrong with that? Crazy taxi driver chut so many patterns

For this long trip to Jurong, he should be able to get abt $30/-, he still wanna complain?!

For this kind of driver, just ignore them.

Dunno. To me its ok. I always take train. If really tired or no train take taxi lo. Never liked driving when I just get off the plane. Take train/taxi can relax.

I used to park for 3 days ($60) when I went for short trips like HCM, Hanoi, BKK, etc...

But, come to think of it, realy not worth lah..

Now, with the increase to per min parking, can really forget parking overnight.. what for give money to airport?

Take taxi to and fro also cheaper !

Soon, if everyone cooperate, the carparks there will be like white elephants, and then they will come begging us to come and park for free... nobody knows, right ? :D :D

3 days for $60 consider ok la if you stay in the west, and if your depature flight is the early morning and return flight is midnight. Drive and park at airport for $20 for 24 hours consider still ok for parking not more than 4 days.

But now if they increased to $60 per day parking, think only ghosts would park there. Who would want to pay $60?

3 days for $60 consider ok la if you stay in the west, and if your depature flight is the early morning and return flight is midnight. Drive and park at airport for $20 for 24 hours consider still ok for parking not more than 4 days.

But now if they increased to $60 per day parking, think only ghosts would park there. Who would want to pay $60?

Hard to say.

The airport will loose 850 carpark lots soon. For a person who parks his car at the airport and takes a flight, he better be able to get a carpark lot. Imagine stuck in full carpark and flight is taking off soon.

Would it better if CAG impose higher rates for short term parkers? ( wow, don't shoot me, just a discussion ). This would ensure long term parkers will get a lot with success all the time.

The other alternative is to make long term parking very very expensive, maybe $100 a day. In this way, the airport parking capacity can better serve those short term hourly users.

Another question is how many of the airport parking lots are used by CAG staff?

↡ Advertisement