Driverless cars: The way forward

Darthrevan

You got the point. You are right.

I believe the Motor Insurers are not comfortable with it for obvious safety reasons.

Motor Insurers are the ones who increase premiums across the board just becoz of some faked/exaggerated claims, making the honest, innocent customers to pay more just cover the insurance companies' losses due to weak screening/verification processes used in the industry.

↡ Advertisement

Excuses to raise premium.

Example: Class 3 and Class3A Driving Licences, LTA officially acknowledge the differences. But same premium. Often when more than 3 cars chain collission, one will be bla_k colour. Premium still the same. Footprint of car almost the same as the typical carpark lot, premium still the same. Motor Insurers making big profits like LTA and their COE.

Can practice the 'golden rooster one-leg stand'

1. Insurers are learning from the best!!!

2. 金鸡独立!!! let me eat more chicken feet first to strengthen my leg, left or right leg?

• Praise 1

On the topic of driverless vehicles leading to taxi drivers losing their jobs, I'm thinking out loud here:

Their job can be upgraded to be "managers" instead of "drivers". They will be responsible for the routes, maintenance, scheduling, billing, etc., for their self-driving taxis, pretty much what they are manually doing now in addition to the task of driving.

Just throwing up an idea. [:)]

• Praise 1

On the topic of driverless vehicles leading to taxi drivers losing their jobs, I'm thinking out loud here:

Their job can be upgraded to be "managers" instead of "drivers". They will be responsible for the routes, maintenance, scheduling, billing, etc., for their self-driving taxis, pretty much what they are manually doing now in addition to the task of driving.

Just throwing up an idea. [:)]

This one still long la, I believe driverless taxi will not be mainstream so fast, perhaps 50yrs later. By then some maybe not around in this world Lao lor, even if still alive, so old already .. lol Edited by Yewheng

First time saw the BYD brand car parked in Parkway Parade's Hybrid/Electric car lots. R&D plate.

Was wondering if it is a DIY rebadge by the owner...now realised it is a China brand. Peeked into  the car and looked from the exterior....fit and finish really CMI.

Now that I saw the news report.....I am thanking my lucky stars that it did not explode when I was parking next to it.... [angel]

Turbocharged

Driverless cars kill the joy of driving.

Just like using those mechanical machine in Japan that gives you a hand job. Nothing beats the human touch.

Hahaha

If you want to see more, their base is at Jalan Pemimpin. 

First time saw the BYD brand car parked in Parkway Parade's Hybrid/Electric car lots. R&D plate.

Was wondering if it is a DIY rebadge by the owner...now realised it is a China brand. Peeked into  the car and looked from the exterior....fit and finish really CMI.

Now that I saw the news report.....I am thanking my lucky stars that it did not explode when I was parking next to it.... [angel]

Driverless cars kill the joy of driving.

Just like using those mechanical machine in Japan that gives you a hand job. Nothing beats the human touch.

Hahaha

Driverless cars are essentially a "taxi-uncleless taxi". No involvement at all.

To me that is truly a point A to point B car.

Supercharged

Khaw: “Currently, many other cities, like Amsterdam and Copenhagen, do a better job than us. We must close the gap and be better, particularly because we live in the tropics with hotter and wetter weather.”

Aircon the whole country lah! After all, LKY said aircon is the greatest invention ever. We sure can afford it.

Edited by Kklim

Khaw: “Currently, many other cities, like Amsterdam and Copenhagen, do a better job than us. We must close the gap and be better, particularly because we live in the tropics with hotter and wetter weather.”

Aircon the whole country lah! After all, LKY said aircon is the greatest invention ever. We sure can afford it.

Sort out the MRT system first lah....

cannot even walk want to fly?

crawl-walk-run-fly.png

Turbocharged
(edited)

Driverless Electric Taxi soon.

Can direct the Taxi to some dark spots to get the deed done and pay by the meter. More discreet than visiting Hotel 81.

Possible only with BYD (Build Your Dreams).

post-27974-0-74423500-1465713704_thumb.jpg

post-27974-0-99934700-1465713713_thumb.jpg

post-27974-0-87336000-1465713845_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng

Turbocharged

Driverless Electric Taxi soon.

Can direct the Taxi to some dark spots to get the deed done and pay by the meter. More discreet than visiting Hotel 81.

Possible only with BYD (Build Your Dreams).

Driverless ...... not yet arrived,

The article is about a taxi fleet using all electric cars.

Will be so tempted to test it if I am driving and see it on the road.

Better not. If really collision then how? How to claim? Claim from who? Will accident report centre accept your report that the other party is a computer in the car with no driving licence?

Will TP give you a ticket for colliding with the computer car even though it might be the computer car's fault??

Too many question marks at this stage. Better stay far far away from computer cars.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Better not. If really collision then how? How to claim? Claim from who? Will accident report centre accept your report that the other party is a computer in the car with no driving licence?

Will TP give you a ticket for colliding with the computer car even though it might be the computer car's fault??

Too many question marks at this stage. Better stay far far away from computer cars.

Yup. Better avoid them. But then, according to Google who has been testing self-driving cars in some cities, they say that almost all the accidents in their self-driving cars are caused by the other party. So either, the self-driving car is safe, or all the cities just pin the blame on the driver if he gets into an accident with a self-driving car.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1