9 hurt in accident at Upper Bukit Timah Ro

Jman888

(edited)

who saw this? 9 injured is quite serious :huh: :huh:

the driver was lucky that the metal pole missed him [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

9 hurt in car and motorbike accident at Upper Bukit Timah Road

Published on Jun 17, 2013

ST_20130617_RSACCIDENT17_3704887e.jpg

One of the vehicles involved in the accident in Upper Bukit Timah Road yesterday. Its front bumper was smashed and a metal pole had gone through the windscreen. -- PHOTO: STOMP

NINE people were injured in an accident involving two cars and a motorcycle yesterday.

The accident took place outside a stretch of shophouses in Upper Bukit Timah Road.

One of the cars appeared to have crashed into some railings along the road. Its front bumper was smashed and a metal pole had gone through the windscreen.

A Singapore Civil Defence Force spokesman said nine people were taken to the National University Hospital with minor injuries. The SCDF said it received a call at 7.08am, and dispatched one fire engine and three ambulances to the scene.

Edited by Jman888
↡ Advertisement

the driver that the metal pole missed him

Thank god he lived to tell...

I saw papers today...3 ambulance was dispatch.

The car looks like a total lost...

who saw this? 9 injured is quite serious :huh::huh:

the driver that the metal pole missed him [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

ST_20130617_RSACCIDENT17_3704887e.jpg

My first thought was how come this vehicle got 'Air-to-Air' refueling capabilities ... :blink:

fifth gear did a review many many years ago. metal railings are a death trap.

maybe they should use environmentally friendlier bamboo.

(edited)

I drove by the accident site at around 7.25 am. I saw some kids sitting at the side of the road waiting for the ambulance.

There was three vehicles - 1 City, 1 old Corona and a motor bike. I am puzzled by how the accident happened. The Corona was T-boned by the City, both cars are likely to be total. There was a motor bike ont he ground near the City and some railings were knocked down. It does looks like noone is seriously injured ... damn lucky. Old Corona ... pretty solid.

Edited by Civic6228

One of the cars appeared to have crashed into some railings along the road. Its front bumper was smashed and a metal pole had gone through the windscreen.

straight road or the road with many bends?

I drove by the accident site at around 7.25 am. I saw some kids sitting at the side of the road waiting for the ambulance.

There was three cars - 1 City, 1 old Corona and a motor bike. I am puzzled by how the accident happened. The Corona was T-boned by the City, both cars are likely to be total. There was a motor bike ont he ground near the City and some railings were knocked down. It does looks like noone is seriously injured ... damn lucky. Old Corona ... pretty solid.

Turbocharged

i cycled past this accident just after it occurred... big crowd gathered to look... i saw some teenager kids injured with facial cuts, side of another car was smashed in...

i dont wanna accuse pple of speeding but the huge smash impact on both cars cant be done w slow speed...

straight road or the road with many bends?

Straight Road .... very near the Shell Petrol station outside the Harzel Park Condo. The City muct be driving quite fast looking at the impact.

Turbocharged

I am puzzled by how the accident happened.

me also i suspect they pushed the T boned car back towards kerb to allow traffic flow on right lane.

Before this accident, i saw a big trailer head racing a dump truck then abruptly turned right at the industrial estate...

sunday morning also speed until crazy really mad drivers out there

Next time shld mount a GoPro on my bike n record all this

Neutral Newbie

the driver was lucky that the metal pole missed him [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

One of the vehicles involved in the accident in Upper Bukit Timah Road yesterday. Its front bumper was smashed and a metal pole had gone through the windscreen. -- PHOTO: STOMP

NINE people were injured in an accident involving two cars and a motorcycle yesterday.

The accident took place outside a stretch of shophouses in Upper Bukit Timah Road.

A Singapore Civil Defence Force spokesman said nine people were taken to the National University Hospital with minor injuries. The SCDF said it received a call at 7.08am, and dispatched one fire engine and three ambulances to the scene.

Wah like Final Destination...car can scrap liaoz.

me also i suspect they pushed the T boned car back towards kerb to allow traffic flow on right lane.

Before this accident, i saw a big trailer head racing a dump truck then abruptly turned right at the industrial estate...

mai tu liao!!!! usd 299 only!!! free shipping!!!

http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHN-301-HERO..._pr_product_top

Supercharged

maybe they should use environmentally friendlier bamboo.

those old iron railing are better, at least wont dislodged when impacted... look at what these aluminium railing did...

i cycled past this accident just after it occurred... big crowd gathered to look... i saw some teenager kids injured with facial cuts, side of another car was smashed in...

i dont wanna accuse pple of speeding but the huge smash impact on both cars cant be done w slow speed...

sunday morning no traffic, that stretch of road people like to cheong also [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Nowadays I see so many drivers going at 90 to 100km/h on 50km/h speed limit road. Almost all are driving bread-and-butter cars like altis, sunny etc.

What I dont understand is why the railing was hit. Unless the Corona driver so kayu ... drove straight to hit the railing and the City T-bone the Corona as he was hiting the railing.

↡ Advertisement