Search
Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
40 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Parents, never lost sight of your kids when going to places or doing activities like cycling, swimming etc, always do it in a safe and guarded environment.

3-year-old boy dies after drowning at Siloso Beach

According to a report in Berita Harian, the toddler was at the beach with his five-year-old brother and his mother. Police have classified this as unnatural death and said that investigations are ongoing. -Stomp

Mon, Jun 17, 2013
Stomp

SINGAPORE - A three-year-old boy has died after drowning at Siloso Beach Sunday, Jun 16, 2013.

According to a report in Berita Harian, three year-old Haziq Anaqi Mohd Hafiz was pronounced dead at 1.14pm at Singapore General Hospital (SGH).

The toddler was at the beach with his five year-old brother and mother.

A spokesperson for the SCDF said that an ambulance arrived at 12.10pm and that they also tried to revive the boy at the emergency ward in SGH.

The police classified this as unnatural death and also said that investigations are ongoing.

In an email to Berita Harian, Senior Divisional Director for Sentosa Mr David Goh, said that they are working to provide aid to the family and are helping the police with the investigation. He also added that the incident happened at 11.50am.

He explained that the Sentosa rangers and beach patrol were activated to look for the boy when he was reported missing.

Stomp contributor, Kelvin, who was at the scene, said that the lifeguards managed to locate the boy in the water 15 minutes after his mother noticed he was missing.

Kelvin said:

"A distraught Malay mother was on the beach shouting for her lost son.

"Then I realised that she was frantically looking for her younger son and her older son did not know the whereabouts of his brother.

"He was nowhere to be seen in the beach and waters.

"The lifeguards were called in and they went to search for lost boy.

"He was fished out of the waters about 10 to 15 minutes later.

"The paramedics were called in and the boy was rushed to hospital subsequently.

"It was sad to witness this incident on a Fathers' day but this serves a stark reminder to mind your kids especially near water."

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hiphiphoray
  • Hiphiphoray
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

One careless mistake is all it takes. sleep.gif

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This type of accident should not have happen and can be avoided....

What is the mother thinking??? The kid only 3 years old?? Left him alone at the Beach???.... shakehead.gif or she expect the beach goer will take care of her son fo her.... furious.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

er senota where ah? japan?

old man.....spelling spelling

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

AMG_garde
  • AMG_garde
    Clutched
    Author Image

She left her son alone at the beach?!! I don't want to judge, but that is damn irresponsible. angry.gif

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

anyway siloso alwes looking for bodies...that place dirty leh

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

er senota where ah? japan?

old man.....spelling spelling

sorry should be Senota garden in JB laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Hiphiphoray
  • Hiphiphoray
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Even now with my 6 & 10 year old kids in the pool, I Will be in the pool watching them 100% at all times.

To let a 3 yr old alone at the beach is totally irresponisble on the part of the parents.

Unforgivable mistake!!! furious.gif

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Even now with my 6 & 10 year old kids in the pool, I Will be in the pool watching them 100% at all times.

To let a 3 yr old alone at the beach is totally irresponisble on the part of the parents.

during the kampung time, it is common for children running around without parents watching, they go fishing, climb tree etc activities mostly quite dangerous too sad.gif

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Billcoke
  • Billcoke
    4th Gear
    Author Image

RIP.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

Hiphiphoray
  • Hiphiphoray
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Different breed lar......cannot compare like that.

We are urban ppl........very stragile one.

Dont believe i ban you from surfing MCF or remove your HP usage for 1 week...........u will be suffering withdrawal symptons like siao........worst than lying. laugh.gif

during the kampung time, it is common for children running around without parents watching, they go fishing, climb tree etc activities mostly quite dangerous too sad.gif

Edited by Hiphiphoray, 17 June 2013 - 12:26 PM.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

2BDriver
  • Premium member
    2BDriver
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

RIP poor boy smallcry.gif

Worrying is like a rocking chair,  keeps moving you forward and backward forever wasting your time and gets you to nowhere.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Karu
  • Premium member
    Karu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Very true... Every now & then will have reports on drowning...

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

PSP415
  • PSP415
    6th Gear
    Author Image

RIP, young boy.

I sincerely hope the "older" 5 years bro will not live with any guilt for "failing" to look out for his younger sibling. Totally irresponsible to leave these so young out of sight at a beach...or anywhere else for that matter.

Such an unfortunate and preventable tragedy. Haiz... please dun treat the public as a nanny for your kids. More often than not, it's in crowded public areas that kids get distracted easily and just wander off. Heard sometimes over the public system, "A 4 years old boy/ girl has been found. Will the parents please come to the information counter now".

Personally, I have led 5 kids on separate occasions over the years to the information counter because they were frantically looking for lost parents. All at the malls.

Please look after your own kids.....before you lose them.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Aimnfire
  • Premium member
    Aimnfire
    6th Gear
    Author Image

well
doesnt happen to any of you guys can simply speculate

almost happen to me at east coast
all it took was less than 5 mins
was watching my daughters all the time
when my eldest was crying due to some sands enter her eyes
was attending to her, forgot about the 2nd daugther
next moment heard someone screaming
turn around, a woman was pointing to the sea
saw my 2nd daughter struggling in the water (mind you she was not even near the sea, she was building sandcastle)

manage to grab my 2nd daughter out form the sea

ask her why she go to the sea
she said the wind blow her paper ball into the sea
she was trying to retrive it

so again
for those who think they it will never happen to them
or start to speculate about how the family lack of responsibility
sometime sh1t happen even when you are on guard
Mercury1 praised this
hire a hitman is far cheaper than hiring a lawyer
and it gets the job done

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think that man-made beach got problem, it's not a natural formation like most beaches. Already got ppl sucked to the bottom many times, even good swimmers drown. IMO it's not "dirty", it's man-made which is a problem. I suggest ppl do not go into the waters or go too deep.
Night King

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yeah, even when they are in the pool with their swimming instructors, still gotta watch them closely

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

a lot of lar sup ppl
Garage36.com

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Passion
  • Premium member
    Passion
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I think that man-made beach got problem, it's not a natural formation like most beaches. Already got ppl sucked to the bottom many times, even good swimmers drown. IMO it's not "dirty", it's man-made which is a problem. I suggest ppl do not go into the waters or go too deep.

Like our east coast beach, it is reclaim I supposed. I ever tried to walk into the sea when I was small and was wife float, suddenly I dropped into the sea when I take the next step. Apparently it is reclaim halfway only.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Bobby_tan
  • Premium member
    Bobby_tan
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Why wasn't the mother constantly supervising the small toddler? huh.gif

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: year, drown, Sentosa, Siloso and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users