3-year-old boy drown at Sentosa Siloso beach

Jman888

Parents, never lost sight of your kids when going to places or doing activities like cycling, swimming etc, always do it in a safe and guarded environment.

3-year-old boy dies after drowning at Siloso Beach

According to a report in Berita Harian, the toddler was at the beach with his five-year-old brother and his mother. Police have classified this as unnatural death and said that investigations are ongoing. -Stomp

Mon, Jun 17, 2013

Stomp

SINGAPORE - A three-year-old boy has died after drowning at Siloso Beach Sunday, Jun 16, 2013.

According to a report in Berita Harian, three year-old Haziq Anaqi Mohd Hafiz was pronounced dead at 1.14pm at Singapore General Hospital (SGH).

The toddler was at the beach with his five year-old brother and mother.

A spokesperson for the SCDF said that an ambulance arrived at 12.10pm and that they also tried to revive the boy at the emergency ward in SGH.

The police classified this as unnatural death and also said that investigations are ongoing.

In an email to Berita Harian, Senior Divisional Director for Sentosa Mr David Goh, said that they are working to provide aid to the family and are helping the police with the investigation. He also added that the incident happened at 11.50am.

He explained that the Sentosa rangers and beach patrol were activated to look for the boy when he was reported missing.

Stomp contributor, Kelvin, who was at the scene, said that the lifeguards managed to locate the boy in the water 15 minutes after his mother noticed he was missing.

Kelvin said:

"A distraught Malay mother was on the beach shouting for her lost son.

"Then I realised that she was frantically looking for her younger son and her older son did not know the whereabouts of his brother.

"He was nowhere to be seen in the beach and waters.

"The lifeguards were called in and they went to search for lost boy.

"He was fished out of the waters about 10 to 15 minutes later.

"The paramedics were called in and the boy was rushed to hospital subsequently.

"It was sad to witness this incident on a Fathers' day but this serves a stark reminder to mind your kids especially near water."

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

This type of accident should not have happen and can be avoided....

What is the mother thinking??? The kid only 3 years old?? Left him alone at the Beach???.... [shakehead] or she expect the beach goer will take care of her son fo her.... [furious]

• Praise 1

er senota where ah? japan?

old man.....spelling spelling

sorry should be Senota garden in JB [laugh] [laugh]

Even now with my 6 & 10 year old kids in the pool, I Will be in the pool watching them 100% at all times.

To let a 3 yr old alone at the beach is totally irresponisble on the part of the parents.

Unforgivable mistake!!! [furious]

• Praise 1

Even now with my 6 & 10 year old kids in the pool, I Will be in the pool watching them 100% at all times.

To let a 3 yr old alone at the beach is totally irresponisble on the part of the parents.

during the kampung time, it is common for children running around without parents watching, they go fishing, climb tree etc activities mostly quite dangerous too [:(]

(edited)

Different breed lar......cannot compare like that.

We are urban ppl........very stragile one.

Dont believe i ban you from surfing MCF or remove your HP usage for 1 week...........u will be suffering withdrawal symptons like siao........worst than lying. [laugh]

during the kampung time, it is common for children running around without parents watching, they go fishing, climb tree etc activities mostly quite dangerous too [:(]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

anyway siloso alwes looking for bodies...that place dirty leh

Very true... Every now & then will have reports on drowning...

• Praise 1

RIP, young boy.

I sincerely hope the "older" 5 years bro will not live with any guilt for "failing" to look out for his younger sibling. Totally irresponsible to leave these so young out of sight at a beach...or anywhere else for that matter.

Such an unfortunate and preventable tragedy. Haiz... please dun treat the public as a nanny for your kids. More often than not, it's in crowded public areas that kids get distracted easily and just wander off. Heard sometimes over the public system, "A 4 years old boy/ girl has been found. Will the parents please come to the information counter now".

Personally, I have led 5 kids on separate occasions over the years to the information counter because they were frantically looking for lost parents. All at the malls.

Please look after your own kids.....before you lose them.

• Praise 1

well

doesnt happen to any of you guys can simply speculate

almost happen to me at east coast

all it took was less than 5 mins

was watching my daughters all the time

when my eldest was crying due to some sands enter her eyes

was attending to her, forgot about the 2nd daugther

next moment heard someone screaming

turn around, a woman was pointing to the sea

saw my 2nd daughter struggling in the water (mind you she was not even near the sea, she was building sandcastle)

manage to grab my 2nd daughter out form the sea

ask her why she go to the sea

she said the wind blow her paper ball into the sea

she was trying to retrive it

so again

for those who think they it will never happen to them

or start to speculate about how the family lack of responsibility

sometime sh1t happen even when you are on guard

• Praise 2

I think that man-made beach got problem, it's not a natural formation like most beaches. Already got ppl sucked to the bottom many times, even good swimmers drown. IMO it's not "dirty", it's man-made which is a problem. I suggest ppl do not go into the waters or go too deep.

Twincharged

yeah, even when they are in the pool with their swimming instructors, still gotta watch them closely

• Praise 1