3-year-old boy drown at Sentosa Siloso beach

Jman888

I think that man-made beach got problem, it's not a natural formation like most beaches. Already got ppl sucked to the bottom many times, even good swimmers drown. IMO it's not "dirty", it's man-made which is a problem. I suggest ppl do not go into the waters or go too deep.

Like our east coast beach, it is reclaim I supposed. I ever tried to walk into the sea when I was small and was wife float, suddenly I dropped into the sea when I take the next step. Apparently it is reclaim halfway only.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

worked at rasa sentosa when I was younger... every sch hols... some one dies.... its spooked

anyway siloso alwes looking for bodies...that place dirty leh

Turbocharged

anyway siloso alwes looking for bodies...that place dirty leh

Last time you pang sai in the water still dare to say post-4638-1371459259.gif

Turbocharged

How you know huh? You watch him pang sai? [laugh]

Brown stream in the water accompanied with a froth of bubbles :D :D :D

Turbocharged

Brown stream in the water accompanied with a froth of bubbles :D :D :D

sounds like someone ordered a cafe mocha :P

Kids get carried away easily & tend to forget they are drifting with the tides / wave into deeper waters.

Happened to a boy the last time I was at Siloso beach. He wandered too far out without knowing. To make matters worse, his parents are not in swim wear & are standing around. Good thing was that I happened to be within reach of the boy & helped to pull him in.

RIP, young boy.

I sincerely hope the "older" 5 years bro will not live with any guilt for "failing" to look out for his younger sibling. Totally irresponsible to leave these so young out of sight at a beach...or anywhere else for that matter.

Such an unfortunate and preventable tragedy. Haiz... please dun treat the public as a nanny for your kids. More often than not, it's in crowded public areas that kids get distracted easily and just wander off. Heard sometimes over the public system, "A 4 years old boy/ girl has been found. Will the parents please come to the information counter now".

Personally, I have led 5 kids on separate occasions over the years to the information counter because they were frantically looking for lost parents. All at the malls.

Please look after your own kids.....before you lose them.

the 5 years old brother is not at fault,why should he feel guilty?

even if my kid is 5 years old playing at the beach,i would still look after.

they still can't take care for themself properly especially at such accident prone area,how do u expect them to take care of another?

well

doesnt happen to any of you guys can simply speculate

almost happen to me at east coast

all it took was less than 5 mins

was watching my daughters all the time

when my eldest was crying due to some sands enter her eyes

was attending to her, forgot about the 2nd daugther

next moment heard someone screaming

turn around, a woman was pointing to the sea

saw my 2nd daughter struggling in the water (mind you she was not even near the sea, she was building sandcastle)

manage to grab my 2nd daughter out form the sea

ask her why she go to the sea

she said the wind blow her paper ball into the sea

she was trying to retrive it

so again

for those who think they it will never happen to them

or start to speculate about how the family lack of responsibility

sometime sh1t happen even when you are on guard

its glad that your daughter was alright.

but then again,it is always good to be careful.

accident can happen in a split of a seconds without any warnings and the damages caused can be very minor to very serious.

luckily,that both my daughters are afraid of water,they always play sand castle further away from the water.

if it was my daughter,she won't dare to go into the water to take the paper ball instead will ask me or my wife to help.

Yup, the 5 years old bro should never have to feel guilty, especially when the adults are careless themselves. Kids who are involved between 2 feuding parents in the midst of a divorce often think it's somehow their fault the parents are fighting.

I hoped the mum or other adults do not keep questioning or asking why he did not keep an eye on his younger sibling etc... otherwise, there may be guilt gnawing at him from there.

Kids that young are very vulnerable.

• Praise 1

Firstly You shouldnt be sitting too far apart and let this situation occur.

Especially with a young child so close to the water's edge.

You can always adjust your positioning while attending to the elder one, at the same time with sight of the younger one at the background.

Not be totally out of view and assume everything will be fine. And worst still, need a stranger to point out the danger.

I cant imagine if the stranger is not there.....how long more will you continue to assume its safe ? [sweatdrop]

well

doesnt happen to any of you guys can simply speculate

almost happen to me at east coast

all it took was less than 5 mins

was watching my daughters all the time

when my eldest was crying due to some sands enter her eyes

was attending to her, forgot about the 2nd daugther

next moment heard someone screaming

turn around, a woman was pointing to the sea

saw my 2nd daughter struggling in the water (mind you she was not even near the sea, she was building sandcastle)

manage to grab my 2nd daughter out form the sea

ask her why she go to the sea

she said the wind blow her paper ball into the sea

she was trying to retrive it

so again

for those who think they it will never happen to them

or start to speculate about how the family lack of responsibility

sometime sh1t happen even when you are on guard

Neutral Newbie

I seriously hope the poor 5 yr old doesn't feel guilty...it wasn't his fault. It's the mother's for not properly looking out for the 3 year old.

kudos to China Hero!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] At least 1 boy saved!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...h_drowning.html

A Chinese national who saw two brothers struggling in the water at Siloso Beach dived in to help, but only the elder brother was rescued in time.

Haziq Anaqi Mohd Hafiz, 3, was pronounced dead at 1.14pm yesterday at Singapore General Hospital after drowning at Siloso Beach.

According to a report in The Straits Times, Haziq was reported to have been playing with his five-year-old brother by the sea at Siloso before Sunday's tragedy at around 11.50am. Police have classified his death as unnatural and are investigating.

Mr Salimi Salleh, 41, who spoke to Haziq's mother, told Berita Harian that the three-year-old boy and his brother were left alone on the beach with their mother's friends while their mother, Nur Hidayah Ariffin went to change her clothes. He also added that they might've been unaware of the boys going into the sea.

"Coincidentally, a Chinese national saw the brothers struggling in the water, so he dived into the water. He only managed to save the elder brother, but could not rescue 3-year-old Haziq in time", said Mr Salimi.

Haziq was brought out of the water at 11.56am, Sentosa rangers performs CPR on him. An ambulance arrived at 12.10pm and conveyed him to Singapore General hospital. He was pronounced dead at 1.14pm.

A spokesperson for Sentosa said it was the first drowning this year off the island's beaches, all of which are patrolled by lifeguards. The last drowning was at Palawan beach on New Year's Day last year.

↡ Advertisement