3-year-old boy drown at Sentosa Siloso beach

Jman888

kudos to China Hero!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] At least 1 boy saved!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...h_drowning.html

A Chinese national who saw two brothers struggling in the water at Siloso Beach dived in to help, but only the elder brother was rescued in time.

Haziq Anaqi Mohd Hafiz, 3, was pronounced dead at 1.14pm yesterday at Singapore General Hospital after drowning at Siloso Beach.

According to a report in The Straits Times, Haziq was reported to have been playing with his five-year-old brother by the sea at Siloso before Sunday's tragedy at around 11.50am. Police have classified his death as unnatural and are investigating.

Mr Salimi Salleh, 41, who spoke to Haziq's mother, told Berita Harian that the three-year-old boy and his brother were left alone on the beach with their mother's friends while their mother, Nur Hidayah Ariffin went to change her clothes. He also added that they might've been unaware of the boys going into the sea.

"Coincidentally, a Chinese national saw the brothers struggling in the water, so he dived into the water. He only managed to save the elder brother, but could not rescue 3-year-old Haziq in time", said Mr Salimi.

Haziq was brought out of the water at 11.56am, Sentosa rangers performs CPR on him. An ambulance arrived at 12.10pm and conveyed him to Singapore General hospital. He was pronounced dead at 1.14pm.

A spokesperson for Sentosa said it was the first drowning this year off the island's beaches, all of which are patrolled by lifeguards. The last drowning was at Palawan beach on New Year's Day last year.

Nice. Not all is Foreign Trash. Good to see some of them are actually talented at being a human being.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

the 5 years old brother is not at fault,why should he feel guilty?

even if my kid is 5 years old playing at the beach,i would still look after.

they still can't take care for themself properly especially at such accident prone area,how do u expect them to take care of another?

After watching Stoker, I look at older sibling taking care of younger ones in different light..

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/girl-6-drowns-hotel-pool-while-dad-looking-phone?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1473986713

Read this make my blood boil.

2 things.

1. Dad using hp and never keep a good lookout on his child.

2. The selfish women who only cared on her daughter and just ignore the other child who is drowning. ( this one really super mad)

The child life could be saved if the women asked for help to rescue the child (if she don't know how to swim) or jumped into the pool to save the child too. Haiz..

• Praise 2

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/girl-6-drowns-hotel-pool-while-dad-looking-phone?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1473986713

Read this make my blood boil.

2 things.

1. Dad using hp and never keep a good lookout on his child.

2. The selfish women who only cared on her daughter and just ignore the other child who is drowning. ( this one really super mad)

The child life could be saved if the women asked for help to rescue the child (if she don't know how to swim) or jumped into the pool to save the child too. Haiz..

The reporting of the event sounds wrong. The woman who helped girl A doesn't seem the type that will ignore the deceased since she already bothered to help the struggling girl A. Maybe the deceased seemed to be fine then.

Even assuming the mother of A is just preoccupied with A, the good Samaritan probably would have noticed if the deceased was having trouble.

The two girls were playing in the shallow part of the pool, which was 80cm deep, when Neisha wanted to go to the deeper side. That part of the pool was 1.2m deep while Neisha was only 1.15m tall.

When they reached there, Miss A panicked after she realised she could not touch the bottom.

Coroner Bay said: "She started to wave her hands vigorously and tried to get attention. (Neisha) was in front of her and was also seen struggling."

An unknown woman managed to rescue Miss A and took her back to the shallow side where the steps to the pool were.

The little girl's mother, who was nearby, rushed forward to console her daughter before the pair returned to their hotel room.

Hypersonic

Poor boy, must be after exams go to East Coast to play as these sec 1 boys were in school uniform.  Parents must be devatated, they probably did't know their son went to ECP to swim.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/just-body-boy-missing-waters-east-coast-park-found

Body of boy missing in waters off East Coast Park found

The body of a secondary school student reported missing in the waters off East Coast Park, on Monday (May 8), has been found.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) posted the update on its Facebook page at around 3.30pm.

A police spokesman said the body of the 12-year-old boy was found by SCDF officers and pronounced dead at the scene. Police are investigating the unnatural death.

The SCDF was alerted to the incident at 12.25pm. When The New Paper arrived at the scene at around 1.50pm, the area near Xtreme Skate Park was cordoned off.

About six lower secondary school boys wearing Jurongville Secondary School's uniform were seen in the cordoned off area.

An eyewitness, Silvia Hajas, 47, a homemaker, was playing on a nearby sand dune with her eight-year-old daughter when she heard the boys' cries for help.

She told TNP: "There were about seven boys 50 meters away from shore. Three managed to swim back while four seemed to have more trouble staying afloat."

She said she rushed into the water and pulled two boys out. A third boy was rescued with the help of another man using a lifebuoy.

The fourth boy disappeared by the time they had rescued the third boy, Ms Hajas told TNP.

She added the missing boy was not wearing a T-shirt.

"That sea is very harsh and deep. My feet couldn't touch the ground," she said.

Poor boy, must be after exams go to East Coast to play as these sec 1 boys were in school uniform. Parents must be devatated, they probably did't know their son went to ECP to swim.

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/just-body-boy-missing-waters-east-coast-park-found

Sad incident.

I remember my mum used to remind me not to swim in the sea, bcos not a good swimmer.

I can say that I am a strong swimmer (in the pool). I can able to swim 50m freestyle under 30 seconds when i was 11 yrs old.

One day my swim coach brings us to the beach for picnic, After lunch, he shouted, lets go swimming ! He then dash to the water and swim about 30m away from the shore. 

When it is my turn, the complacent me dash to the water and start swimming, gosh ! No matter how hard I swim, I cant even get near to my coach. I started to cry.

Coach swims towards me and ask why I cry, I say I can only see green when I go underwater with my goggles. I swim fast but still on the same spot.

Later he shared with us, that's the reason why he brings us to the beach. U can swim super fast in the pool, when U are in the sea. U are NOTHING.

• Praise 10

(edited)

She is no ordinary homemaker. Looking at her profile she looks like a triathlete. No wonder she's able to pull 2 boys out.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

I can say that I am a strong swimmer (in the pool). I can able to swim 50m freestyle under 30 seconds when i was 11 yrs old.

One day my swim coach brings us to the beach for picnic, After lunch, he shouted, lets go swimming ! He then dash to the water and swim about 30m away from the shore. 

When it is my turn, the complacent me dash to the water and start swimming, gosh ! No matter how hard I swim, I cant even get near to my coach. I started to cry.

Coach swims towards me and ask why I cry, I say I can only see green when I go underwater with my goggles. I swim fast but still on the same spot.

Later he shared with us, that's the reason why he brings us to the beach. U can swim super fast in the pool, when U are in the sea. U are NOTHING.

yes...many strong swimmers in the pool underestimate swimming in the open sea

[sweatdrop]

there is a chinese saying already warned "you can bully the mountain, but dun bully the water"   [laugh]

Supersonic

She is no ordinary homemaker. Looking at her profile she looks like a triathlete. No wonder she's able to pull 2 boys out.

Triathlete competes swimming in the open sea de, no wonder she able to save them.

Hypersonic

Triathlete competes swimming in the open sea de, no wonder she able to save them.

ability to swim well is basic requirement but doesn't mean that you can swim very well in the open sea means you can jump in and save a life

there are so many other considerations.... but most of all don't end up drowning with the person you are trying to save

that would be tragic

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

ability to swim well is basic requirement but doesn't mean that you can swim very well in the open sea means you can jump in and save a life

there are so many other considerations.... but most of all don't end up drowning with the person you are trying to save

that would be tragic

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

I am a decent swimmer, not exactly strong, but was with a school team, and also one of the better swimmers using NS. 

my concept of the sea has always been different from the swimming pools since my OBS days. 

And this was cfm many years back when I joined a temple event, I was selected to form the team pushing the boat out into the sea, once in china fujian, and once in SG at East coast. That experience with the current was a good one. 

SG sea current is really no joke.  -_-

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

yes...many strong swimmers in the pool underestimate swimming in the open sea

[sweatdrop]

totally concur!!!  [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

Okie doggie shall go hunt for a swimming coach soon ð

chief dunno how to swim ah?

be like me first lor 165 kg.... easily float

then learn to swim easier

Twincharged

I not sure if I mentioned here before but years ago I nearly drowned in gold coast.

Those who go to Australia and new Zealand beaches know that the people like to stand in the sea and when the waves come they jump together with the wave.

So I joined in with my friend. It was fun until one time when I was knocked off balance by one wave. No biggie. Just stand up. But what happened was before I could stand up the next wave hit me again knocking me down again before I could regain balance.

I tried to stand up but the next wave hit me and I suddenly realised that after I was hit by a wave, the water would recede and pull me out slightly and I realise I could barely stand up with my feet on the sea bed (I was only waist high in water before getting knocked off balance. )

I realised the danger and immediately dived into the water and swam for shore and the next wave pushed me forward (right into a bunch of chio bus). I just sheepishly say solli and they laughed.

My friend saw everything and later we realised that many people have actually been swept out to sea in such a manner before. Oh and what happened after that? We continued playing in the sea. Think we were a little crazy then. Hahah

So the lesson is, never panic and swim to shore the moment you realise you are in trouble. The problem is people don't realise the danger they are in until it is too late.

And from my kayaking days my coach taught me as long as you don't panic and stay calm and lie flat on your back and CONTROL your breathing it is possible to just stay afloat and alive until rescue comes. Cos when you struggle you will tire out and that is when you drown faster.

Just my two cents.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

chief dunno how to swim ah?

be like me first lor 165 kg.... easily float

then learn to swim easier

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1