Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
906 replies to this topic | 1,641 praises

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

When we are choosing a washing machine, we will see the machines indicated with their capacity such as for 7kg, 10kg etc. So how do I know if I have overloaded the machine w laundry? I have yet to see a machine that comes with indicator that I have overloaded it.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

When we are choosing a washing machine, we will see the machines indicated with their capacity such as for 7kg, 10kg etc. So how do I know if I have overloaded the machine w laundry? I have yet to see a machine that comes with indicator that I have overloaded it.

It is based on wet weight.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

BlueOldMan
  • BlueOldMan
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Whatever you can dump inside jus dump
If it can move, it's fine Liao
Haha that's what I'm doing for past 8 yrs cos my washer too small 6.5 bigcry.gif
kobayashiGT and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pls dun mislead people, it is based on dry weight.

You wouldn't wet your clothes and weigh it before dumping it into yr machine machine would you?

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Really? Always thought it is the dry weight.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

so when can they develop a machine that can weight the laundry and signal thats we have hit the capacity?? :(

this is some simple feature i just wondering why they can include it?

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

VellfireS
  • Premium member
    VellfireS
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

so when can they develop a machine that can weight the laundry and signal thats we have hit the capacity?? :(

a good idea for engineers working in the various firms.. they also could include a weighing scale in it.. easier.. Hmmm.. is it already available in the market?
The Great Melon TIKO Ranger since 2011

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Really? Always thought it is the dry weight.

i think a towel soak with water already 10kg laugh.gif laugh.gif

if you watch the running man show few week ago, they throw the wet towel on KS, he fell down due to the weigh laugh.gif laugh.gif
Hwang79 praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

Babyt
  • Babyt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

if i were to dump 1 curtain sheet into a machine, it can gets very heavy when wet.

so how to gauge if a 7kg machine can handle how many sheets of curtains!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You wouldn't wet your clothes and weigh it before dumping it into yr machine machine would you?

The weight capacity mentioned is always based on wet weight. Am i right?

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The weight capacity mentioned is always based on wet weight. Am i right?

No. Washing machine capacity is based on dry weight, dryer capacity is based on wet weight. It's logical isn't it?

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No. Washing machine capacity is based on dry weight, dryer capacity is based on wet weight. It's logical isn't it?

Thank you!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Zapp
  • Premium member
    Zapp
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Weigh your clothes before throwing it into the washing machine.... Hahaha

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The ang mohs go by the average weight of a men's shirt which is approx. 200grams or less.

Hence a 10kg capacity washing machine can wash like 50 men's shirt. This is just a guide. Sometimes I feel that ppl are obsessed with numbers. They need some kinda number to lead their lives otherwise they will be lost. biggrin.gif

Actually I go for big capacity washing machine anyway. Can wash more clothes at a time. Can wash bed sheet & quilt cover together and not separate them coz washing machine cannot accommodate.

Edited by Watwheels, 17 June 2013 - 10:13 PM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

Sabian
  • Sabian
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i think a towel soak with water already 10kg laugh.gif laugh.gif

if you watch the running man show few week ago, they throw the wet towel on KS, he fell down due to the weigh laugh.gif laugh.gif

I was asking in jest.

When the full load programme is selected, the water level nearly fills the whole tub and I believe there's more than 10L of water in the tub.

So if wet weight, knn, I no need to put any clothes in???

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Weigh e clothes b4 u put in. After some time u wil b able to estimate e weight.

Usually if its overloaded....when come spin cycle...yr machine wil vibrate quite a lot.

U overload often....yr machine wil spoil faster.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dry weight.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:03 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Whatever you can dump inside jus dump
If it can move, it's fine Liao
Haha that's what I'm doing for past 8 yrs cos my washer too small 6.5 bigcry.gif

What brand yr washer? Top or front loading?

U overload n still can last 8 yrs damm solid. thumbsup.gif

My machine just kaput. Brandt. Not very good as it only lasted 5 yrs b4 konk out. dead.gif dead.gif

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe thats what he was doing all along. laugh.gif tongue.gif

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Then yr machine wil cost a couple of hundred more for this function. tongue.gif

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users