Camry or BMW

HHS

Recently was considering change to a 2nd hand camry, 08 or 09 one....met one guy in ubi carmart he told me actually the depreciation value for 2nd hand camry and conti car like BM not much difference, so ask me to consider a 08 BM520 which is a diff class, he cal to me and showed the difference is about 1 diff, (10k plus for camry and 11k for BM yearly), can it be true? as the new car price for this two car is about 100k difference :blink: or this BM is a lemon that they want to clear it quickly at cheap price

↡ Advertisement

08 E60 might need to replace a lot of stuffs plus servicing and maintenance is very ex too. Camry is much cheaper plus some 09 Camry might still have warranty left as Toyota has 5 years warranty on certain models.

the bmw has a higher chance of failing u...requires more maintenance..

09 camry and 08 bmw is 1 yr difference liao leh...and no. of owners? many other reasons it can be almost same depre.

Neutral Newbie

BM im not too sure dont flame me. But most of my friends driving BM complaint of engine problems. Seems like mercedes still have longer engine life

BM im not too sure dont flame me. But most of my friends driving BM complaint of engine problems. Seems like mercedes still have longer engine life

A lot of ppl's fren said the same thing, Throttle2 said.

Proof?

Recently was considering change to a 2nd hand camry, 08 or 09 one....met one guy in ubi carmart he told me actually the depreciation value for 2nd hand camry and conti car like BM not much difference, so ask me to consider a 08 BM520 which is a diff class, he cal to me and showed the difference is about 1 diff, (10k plus for camry and 11k for BM yearly), can it be true? as the new car price for this two car is about 100k difference :blink: or this BM is a lemon that they want to clear it quickly at cheap price

Forget about BMW. It is fanboy only.

Somemore, E60 520 with M54B22 block has common issue with active steering. U r looking @ 10k.

Stick to Camry.

Don't believe? Go to BMW-SG & look for Terry.

though Bimmer is my choice, but 08 is pre model....countless problems (Electrical malfunction, cooling coil, gear box, insulation, brake sensors, overheating, etc)...if 09 LCI model with HID may be can consider. For hassle free, stick to Toyota camry....do remember to check their tyres, disc rotors, disc pads, engine oil and service record......

Take both for a test drive then come to a conclusion.

I believe the BMW has a higher OMV and body value as well so it would be a better choice should you decide to sell it later.

Why waste your time on a japanese car with a lower OMV and almost no body value?

Parts for the BMW can be easily sourced from the stockist so I don't understand why people keep saying maintenance is costly blah blah blah.

In short get the BMW. Don't waste your money on a japanese car when a lil bit more cash can get you a german car.

Take both for a test drive then come to a conclusion.

I believe the BMW has a higher OMV and body value as well so it would be a better choice should you decide to sell it later.

Why waste your time on a japanese car with a lower OMV and almost no body value?

Parts for the BMW can be easily sourced from the stockist so I don't understand why people keep saying maintenance is costly blah blah blah.

In short get the BMW. Don't waste your money on a japanese car when a lil bit more cash can get you a german car.

Exactly...

Forget about BMW. It is fanboy only.

Somemore, E60 520 with M54B22 block has common issue with active steering. U r looking @ 10k.

Stick to Camry.

Don't believe? Go to BMW-SG & look for Terry.

i've heard about the 10k steering story as well.

dad's friend says, conti may not be that much more ex to buy, but is really a lot more ex to maintain. his audi, for example, some electronics problem can disable the whole car and cost 3k for something he didn't even understand.

i've heard about the 10k steering story as well.

dad's friend says, conti may not be that much more ex to buy, but is really a lot more ex to maintain. his audi, for example, some electronics problem can disable the whole car and cost 3k for something he didn't even understand.

I drive E39 520 for more than 3 yrs. I don't care about FC or maintenance cost (which is part & parcel of driving UDM). For me, it is not hearsay.

On E60, it is not story. It is real life experience from previous owner.

If the 08 E60 520 is the I4 2 litre LCI model then dun hav so much problem... [drivingcar]

The prefacelift is a I6 2.2 litre... [flowerface]

Upfront cost is one thing, costs for replacement of wear and tear parts is another. It is advisable you set aside at least $10K - $15K for the latter if you decide to choose the E60 and to rework your sum again.

(edited)

that's about right ... hehe

many ignorant think ... wah bmw leh ... cannot be so bad right ... how can so many parts fail ... lol

Upfront cost is one thing, costs for replacement of wear and tear parts is another. It is advisable you set aside at least $10K - $15K for the latter if you decide to choose the E60 and to rework your sum again.

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

On general , if you want face value at a cost get BMW . This model is known to have problems , so you better make sure you set aside about 10k for any changes.

As for Camry , if it is not a lemon , I doubt they have any problems . Spare parts are cheaper as well. Lesser electronics would meant lesser problems looking forward. Your choice .

Best if you can buy both and you can use the other as spare.

Edited by CH_CO