How many cars would you go out and buy today if COE scrapped

Extremesour

Forget about needs how many would you actually buy?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. How many cars for your family?

• 0 - because i do not need one
    • 1 - just for myself
    • 2 - because my wife and me are professionals
    • 3 or more - because i can afford it
  2. 2. If you and your neighbors all start buying can you find parking?

• Yes
    • No

We are e only unique country that have COE. If other countries have COE I think the ppl there strike until kingdom comes..

Other country have different ways to control cars numbers.

It might not be cheaper to own a car even if u dun have coe.

• Praise 1

We are e only unique country that have COE. If other countries have COE I think the ppl there strike until kingdom comes..

• Praise 2

yup. The last loop hole. Parking lot needs to be shown first before a car is purchase.

And in HK, Parking lot is about SGD 400,000 in some places. 

As a case in point, a condo parking lot in UK london is 55,000 Sterling pound.

Just waiting for the next money making opportunity to hit to cover the transport incremental cost

• Praise 3

yup. The last loop hole. Parking lot needs to be shown first before a car is purchase.

Just waiting for the next money making opportunity to hit to cover the transport incremental cost

Wonder the same group of folk will kpkb again if there is no coe but charge at such rate for cark park in order to own a car instead.
  • Praise 2

Wonder the same group of folk will kpkb again if there is no coe but charge at such rate for cark park in order to own a car instead.

I rather pay for the parking lot. My 50k now becomes an asset that can appreciate in value and be sold on in future. Now COE evaporate into thin air after 10 years.
  • Praise 1

I rather pay for the parking lot. My 50k now becomes an asset that can appreciate in value and be sold on in future. Now COE evaporate into thin air after 10 years.

Condo already restrict one unit one lot.

End up people will buy two units for two lots.

Then aagain. Hdb will see an increase trend of families buying flats near their parents if the parents dont own a car.

Will not happen la. Wait long long that ah gong is going to let you make more money than them. Any policy to be implemented, ah gong must always have the first bite and eat full full first. At most the rest only get the crumbs.

I wouldn't buy any cars.

I will buy up all the car parks.

And petrol stations and smog masks. [thumbsup]

:D

U so rich ah? If 1 lot cost 400k, 10 lot is 4 mil. All lot how much?

So 400k car park lot later can sell away and get back money when your car break down after 50 years or sell away?

Not many ppls can afford a few hundred K for a car park lot, especially those who couldnt afford to pay a 50k coe lei

So 400k car park lot later can sell away and get back money when your car break down after 50 years or sell away?

Not many ppls can afford a few hundred K for a car park lot, especially those who couldnt afford to pay a 50k coe lei

Then car lite become a easy reality. Already the abondon underground express way gives the indication that its seriously thinking of less cars.

Then car lite become a easy reality. Already the abondon underground express way gives the indication that its seriously thinking of less cars.

Another poor foresight.