Personal experience on trip to Nurburgring

Gorjiam

I had no instructor. You have to pay a lot more for that. No need instructors. It's doable. Just buy a PS3. Lol. I did that. There are 2 or 3 more Singaporeans who went there around the same time as me. Just that they never posted.

↡ Advertisement

That chief driving instructor reads wife, if I didn't read wrongly.

Never a track person, so can't comment but I love driving during holiday. Drove a MB A-class in Germany before and did a round trip using the smaller roads and autobahn. Yes, I must agree drivers there are discipline and follow speed limit strictly; literally. That is really fly when the autobahn says no limit. I was overtaken by so many VW and Audi.

The autobahn is also very well designed in the sense that both direction traffic are protected from crash from the opposite side and are mostly straight without those bends we see here.

Edited by Cklasse

I had no instructor. You have to pay a lot more for that. No need instructors. It's doable. Just buy a PS3. Lol. I did that. There are 2 or 3 more Singaporeans who went there around the same time as me. Just that they never posted.

I tot there was a lady sitting beside u?

She was yr Chief Driving Instructor. Hahaha [laugh]

Yeah, this is a once in a life time experience that many of us can dream of.

This website seems to show only manual gear cars, do they have auto gear for rental?

http://www.nuerburgring.de/angebote/motor-...vermietung.html

I read somewhere in your forum that when looking for road sign direction for Nurburg, it has two spellings and not to get confuse with the names or something?? I can't find your comment on this topic.

Edited by Jhyy701

What is "Tourist rides Nordschleife" event? is it an event opened for tourist only, not their local Germans? and no bikes nor buses are allowed on the tracks, just cars?

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebote/mot...rdschleife.html

Edited by Jhyy701

What is "Tourist rides Nordschleife" event? is it an event opened for tourist only, not their local Germans? and no bikes nor buses are allowed on the tracks, just cars?

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebote/mot...rdschleife.html

There's manufacturer test dates - Not available for us

REAL Track days (Something like Sepang) - Very expensive

Race days - Not for us, view only

Tourist drive days

On tourist drive days, anyone can just buy a toll/lap ticket and go in to enjoy the Ring. But of course, there are several. One is to drive it yourself, the other is to hire an experience driver and let him/her drive you one lap around the ring.

These "Ring Taxis" comes in all shapes and sizes, from Subarus, to M5s to 911s.

(edited)

I just realised I still haven't written up my experience of the M Fascination drive at the Nordschleife from 2015 in an M4.

I don't do long posts on MCF anymore. So I'll just sum it up in one word: Awesome! :D

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement