Air purifiers

So_nice

Most of the air purifier use less than 200W of power

If you on it 24 hr a day and use it for 31 day, the power consumption will be

200WX24HrX31=144.8KWh

The electricity tariff for households is 26.70 cents per kWh

So, bill per month will be 0.267*144.8=$40 per month , zhun zhun match to the brother's no [:p]

ha ha bro steady. I dunno our electric how much per kWh, just see average monthly bill agar agar see $40+ increase hee hee [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Sharp got no 100% Hepa. Hepa like or whatever marketing wrongs mean no Hepa. must look out for "True Hepa"

BTW Honeywell look big and bulky but it get the job done. reason so big because use big motor thus effective to draw air in.

many japanese brand design look good but actual motor also very small just like most japanese car...... I view function or look for air purifier

big purifier with good look design and big motor, BlueAir but cost 2x honeywell but very very effective

Sharp is true hepa la.

Supercharged

please be careful. that thing can draw >170watts at the 3rd setting.

U will need a 250watt transformer for that one.

Think you confused between Voltage and Watt.

US is using 110V. Not suitable for us.

To add step down transformer, can but itself consume energy and it is not cheap too.

Twincharged

Bro, step down transformer is not magic. Yes, its 240V to 110V, but each transformer is designed for a limited capacity, some are made for 150W, 250W and some are made for higher. If you appliance need 170W, you better get a transformer that can go roughly double. Or else, if the transformer is smart, it will cut off the power supply, small problem. If not, the fire will also cut off the power supply and it will also burn your house down.

Wow, thanks for info. Learnt something. After reading your post, I go take a look at a transformer I bought long time ago. It stated 100w max. [cool]

Turbocharged

Bro, step down transformer is not magic. Yes, its 240V to 110V, but each transformer is designed for a limited capacity, some are made for 150W, 250W and some are made for higher. If you appliance need 170W, you better get a transformer that can go roughly double. Or else, if the transformer is smart, it will cut off the power supply, small problem. If not, the fire will also cut off the power supply and it will also burn your house down.

I used to use transformers but they run VERY HOT, even though I buy twice the rated power required.

In the end I gave up. Scared burn down the house...

Supersonic

Yup, thanks. I checked that already and knew its max 170 watts. Any idea where to get the transformer? I went to Challenger and they did not have in Great World.

Buy from amazon? Since you're getting the purifier from them too...

(edited)

Buy from amazon? Since you're getting the purifier from them too...

smart bro

they have many above 500w no horse run

Edited by D3badge

(edited)

Think you confused between Voltage and Watt.

US is using 110V. Not suitable for us.

To add step down transformer, can but itself consume energy and it is not cheap too.

U are the confused one [rolleyes] Did i ever confuse wattage and voltage? I remember my O level physics. thank you very much.

I already given the info necessary. If u don't want to consider it fine lor.

Edited by Lala81

Turbocharged

Since I have a purifier already, im gonna wait till d monsoon season then may buy another lol. By then nobody wants purifiers lol

honeywell pure HEPA [thumbsup] willing to spend more go for BlueAir!! best in the market sweden brand and 100% made in sweden that why cost twice Honeywell.

BTW I dun like Sharp cause using plasma ion....... some people smell "plasma air" can have headache

You are right Bro, I changed from a Honeywell to a BlueAir 403 since one year ago & I leave it on 24/7.

The BlueAir has more settings to adjust air flow & it also works great to get rid of Food Smell or Pet Hair.

BTW...Can you tell me the brand of that watch on your Avatar...It looks cool... [cool]

You are right Bro, I changed from a Honeywell to a BlueAir 403 since one year ago & I leave it on 24/7.

The BlueAir has more settings to adjust air flow & it also works great to get rid of Food Smell or Pet Hair.

BTW...Can you tell me the brand of that watch on your Avatar...It looks cool... [cool]

wats the price of a blueair?

Thanks!

Wait for my honeywell to slowly arrive. With shipping is only 46% of the price in singapore (inclusive of the transformer that will apparently burn my house down [;)] )

Turbocharged

My friend is the disty for IQAIR in Malaysia...let me know if interested...

I'm also interested to know price.

Iqair health pro 250 in SG cost about $2.568K w GST just for info. Like to know the Malaysia unit price. Also have to consider gst and warranty support.

↡ Advertisement