Hong Kong : hotel recommmendation

Rexxxer

Caritas Bianca(not sure the spelling) is pretty cheap and big enough.

Its run by welfare org or a church. Near MTR but is hidden a bit. Safe neighbour

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I will stick with the YWCA.

I just don't like the idea of sleeping in a building with so many men.

And sharing a bunk bed with a strange man is definitely out for me.

But I don't mind sharing a bunk bed with a young christian lady.

That one can consider if she is not too heavy.

:D

YMCA have own private room la, not share room. Single, double or family room available.

YMCA have own private room la, not share room. Single, double or family room available.

Sounds very tempting but I will stick to

the YWCA. No offence against men

but as a lesbian, I will rather sleep

in a building full of young women.

yup this one not bad. I stayed there during last visit. Very convinient and near MTR.

You tried that noodle stall too? Nice rite?! it looks so run down and small but it taste better then any wantan mee I ever had in Singapore. :wub:

Ya, love the noodle stall!!! We ate not once but four times. Two breakfast and two supper. Beat any wanton mee in SG. The noodle texture, the size n fillings of the wanton, totally superb.

Pics of the shop here :

post-2654-1372314513_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1372314520_thumb.jpg

Then walk 2mins further, just after the MTR entrance, roast pork, duck, geese, pigeon n charsiew shop.

post-2654-1372314587_thumb.jpg

Hotel downstairs, just behind the two parked MPV is a big dim sum restaurant. Taken from my hotel room window.

post-2654-1372314654_thumb.jpg

The Metropark Mongkok hotel room. Size was quite ok for two of us. Paiseh for the messy bed. Last day liao so did not bother to arrange it nicely. [laugh]

post-2654-1372314693_thumb.jpg

post-2654-1372314701_thumb.jpg

If u dont mind one station up, Prince Edward MTR, I recommend Metropark Mongkok Hotel. Its at the start of Nathan Road. Downstairs got nice noodle shop at one side exit and dim sum shop at another side exit.

Walk a bit north of Portland Street, abt 2mins, got Michelin star dim sum restaurant.

this hotel i always stay one...very convenience ..... cheap summore if book via online....all surrounding can find one floor one phoenix...

Supersonic

Sounds very tempting but I will stick to

the YWCA. No offence against men

but as a lesbian, I will rather sleep

in a building full of young women.

Lol, although the name is YMCA but doesnt mean the building is full of men la. :blink: In terms of location, i still like YMCA than YWCA. [:p]

Ya, love the noodle stall!!! We ate not once but four times. Two breakfast and two supper. Beat any wanton mee in SG. The noodle texture, the size n fillings of the wanton, totally superb.

Pics of the shop here :

Then walk 2mins further, just after the MTR entrance, roast pork, duck, geese, pigeon n charsiew shop.

Hotel downstairs, just behind the two parked MPV is a big dim sum restaurant. Taken from my hotel room window.

The Metropark Mongkok hotel room. Size was quite ok for two of us. Paiseh for the messy bed. Last day liao so did not bother to arrange it nicely. [laugh]

metropark mongkok not bad, near MTR and there's a meixin just across the road.

the wanton noodle stall is good. always pack and eat inside hotel room (plus a roast goose leg from meixin). shiok.

metropark mongkok not bad, near MTR and there's a meixin just across the road.

the wanton noodle stall is good. always pack and eat inside hotel room (plus a roast goose leg from meixin). shiok.

is this the hotel where SARS orignated?

Metropole Hotel is the old name or the new rename? I know they rename the hotel and also assigned a new number for the room which the SARS orignal person stayed.

From internet search, the new name is Metropark Kowloon Hotel. The exact room was 911, on the 9th floor.

Supersonic

From internet search, the new name is Metropark Kowloon Hotel. The exact room was 911, on the 9th floor.

They took out 911 and replaced with another number.

I think they didn't bother to change all the numbers on the door

and only changed 911 to something else.

So if they put you in a room on the 9th floor between

910 and 912 and its not 911.

Ask to change the room.

They took out 911 and replaced with another number.

If u want to stay in that hotel, just avoid the 9th floor, whichever room it maybe. But why would u even wana stay at that hotel if scared. [laugh]

Supersonic

If u want to stay in that hotel, just avoid the 9th floor, whichever room it maybe. But why would u even wana stay at that hotel if scared. [laugh]

That hotel will never in my list when i go HK, even it doesnt have SARS history.

↡ Advertisement