Hong Kong : hotel recommmendation

Rexxxer

Turbocharged

anyone know where to buy bus ticket from Kowloon area hotel to Shenzhen North Railway station?

i lazy to take train to luohu. scared no place to seat and have to carry along luggage with other family members..

↡ Advertisement

Anyone have any idea the taxi price from Airport to hotel in Mong Kok area?

Want to compare the estimated taxi cost Vs airport shuttle bus, we would need 2 taxi as there are 6 of us.

Thank you

Taking airport express is always more expensive than taxi. Only if u r alone then worth paying for

Year end is the best time to go hkg.....like you say. Its really aircon temp outdoors.

Dec 2015 me alone took my gal p6 and boy p2 to DL and OP....via their local MTR. super easy and fast.

Not as crowded as our US. But you must be mentally and physically ready for those chinaman.....they are pretty much everywhere u go and are a rowdy bunch....haha.

End Nov is nice weather. Cooling like walking in AC, not too cold. 18C maybe ?

I find Ocean Park better & more spacious to walk around, can also take cable car. More space for kids to run around. If they like animals, OP will keep them interested.

DL I find too small.

Supersonic

Year end is the best time to go hkg.....like you say. Its really aircon temp outdoors.

Dec 2015 me alone took my gal p6 and boy p2 to DL and OP....via their local MTR. super easy and fast.

Not as crowded as our US. But you must be mentally and physically ready for those chinaman.....they are pretty much everywhere u go and are a rowdy bunch....haha.

Recent years think hk temp in Dec sometimes can drop to around 10-12 deg which consider cold.

Recent years think hk temp in Dec sometimes can drop to around 10-12 deg which consider cold.

That's ok lah

In January, it could drops below 10 deg.  If kenna rainy, it is even colder.

Taking airport express is always more expensive than taxi. Only if u r alone then worth paying for

Thanks Bro.

Absolutely correct, we took the taxi and cost us about HK250 from airport to Mongkok area.

• Praise 7

I think bcos at Disney and Ocean Park we walk hell a lot.........so didn't feel cold.

End up I had to hand carry 3 person's sweater from morning until nite. OMG lor....... <_<

citibank credit card/cathay are having promotion plane tix to hongkong (and other countries)

Mai Tu Liao

will be staying Crowne Plaza Hkg Kowloon East 

hearsay nice pub on top level

Edited by Sunny
  • Praise 5

citibank credit card/cathay are having promotion plane tix to hongkong (and other countries)

Mai Tu Liao

Crowne Plaza Hkg Kowloon East? At Tseung Kwan O area? Convenience to travel around?

Crowne Plaza Hkg Kowloon East? At Tseung Kwan O area? Convenience to travel around?

train to hkg island from Tseung Kwan O should be within 1/2hr (but from airport  [sleeping] )

I've never been to that area before

maybe look see see Popcorn mall has what kinda popcorns...

i think like comparing staying near orchard vs staying at tampines

Mai Tu Liao

How much? $278?

train to hkg island from Tseung Kwan O should be within 1/2hr (but from airport  [sleeping] )

I only like to stay in Tin Hau.  Either Airbnb or Butterfly on Victoria.

When i went in Jan this year, my airbnb landlady is Taiwan Mei Mei.  We have been fren since then.

Edited by Davidtch
  • Praise 1

Then how come you choose to stay there?

I only like to stay in Tin Hau.  Either Airbnb or Butterfly on Victoria.

When i went in Jan this year, my airbnb landlady is Taiwan Mei Mei.  We have been fren since then.

Wanted to try Airbnb but in the end never try. Then i always ended staying in sheung wan or mong kok area.

Wanted to try Airbnb but in the end never try. Then i always ended staying in sheung wan or mong kok area.

I have tried Airbnb in KL, Tokyo & HK.  Going to try it in Seoul tomorrow.

It is positive experience for me all of it.

↡ Advertisement