Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic | 25 praises

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone experience...wheel clamp mechanisms will it damage the rims & car paintworks ..scratch the paint ???

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Mits_jc
  • Premium member
    Mits_jc
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Even if the wheel clamp doesn't damage, U think the person putting it on will give a damn if your rims is chrome or whatever expensive brand you got?

anyone experience...wheel clamp mechanisms will it damage the rims & car paintworks ..scratch the paint ???

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Ungtiong
  • Ungtiong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

no. wheel clamps rubberized coating so it will not scratch the rims...ofcourse if the person never put properly, bang the clamp on the rims is another story. Also if they stupid enough not to clamp at the driver side....

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:05 PM

Proton
  • Proton
    Banned

nvr kena before..when i saw wheel camp signboard..i die die wont park..
so i nd not worry wad u ask..anyway gt one place can park even gt wheel clam sign board..that is IMM

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Even if the wheel clamp doesn't damage, U think the person putting it on will give a damn if your rims is chrome or whatever expensive brand you got?

Its the responsibility of the person/organization to not damage the wheels or any part of the car if they intend to clamp it, one can actually bring them to court if they are suspected to have caused damage to another's vehicle.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

Jumpmanz
  • Premium member
    Jumpmanz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

believed i saw some models of wheel camp that has rubber tips that touches the rim.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes it will badly damage your rims

better dun park in any clamping area.

biggrin.gif
I am so happy and I don't care.
Wife ran off with another man, daughter turn lesbian, son go for sex change operation, house burn down, business failed.
Easy come easy go. :)

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Ooosh
  • Ooosh
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Same as car tow if you never pay your car installment.....
The towers dont care if its RWD or FWD, they just chain up the car and drag it up....your gearbox chui or damage any parts of your car not their problem...
(Heard from a friend who makes his living towing cars)

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

Yogi
  • Premium member
    Yogi
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Same as car tow if you never pay your car installment.....
The towers dont care if its RWD or FWD, they just chain up the car and drag it up....your gearbox chui or damage any parts of your car not their problem...
(Heard from a friend who makes his living towing cars)

I always hear this, but I do have my doubts if this is true.... anyone knows for sure?

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Jq1988
  • Premium member
    Jq1988
    5th Gear
    Author Image

of course...what rubber or silicone protector...just rubbish...confirm scratch wheels...my exora wheel kena lock by condo management before...scratched badly...final: ask for compensation rather than paying the release fine!
Japanese girl is awesome!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Crxzc
  • Crxzc
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Last time they wheel clamp mine I change to spare tire n go, subsequently I got wkshop to cut the clamp haha...Dnt encourage it thou

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Best prevention of damage to vehicle by wheel clamp .......

Don't illegal park ... drivingcar.gif

Edited by Picnic06, 28 June 2013 - 04:00 PM.

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Best prevention of damage to vehicle by wheel clamp .......

Don't illegal park ... drivingcar.gif

words of wisdom indeed thumbsup.gif nod.gif

Edited by Darthrevan, 28 June 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Last time they wheel clamp mine I change to spare tire n go, subsequently I got wkshop to cut the clamp haha...Dnt encourage it thou

I thought the clamps will usually also cover the access to wheel nuts?

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How did you remove the wheels without access to the nuts?

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

How did you remove the wheels without access to the nuts?

Can access the nuts

Attached Thumbnails

• wheel clamp.jpg

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can access the nuts

But the ones used in SG mostly the big triangle kind covering the whole wheel ma.

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But the ones used in SG mostly the big triangle kind covering the whole wheel ma.

haha....now i know why got triangle design. 

But i tink this is the bestest so far:

Attached Thumbnails

• illegal_parking_bmw_bangla_worker_block_concrete_blocks_champion_police_0.jpg

Jamesc, Kangadrool, Nzy and Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I always hear this, but I do have my doubts if this is true.... anyone knows for sure?

have seen 4wd cars being tow with the front as that model is popular as a front wheel drive car.

More of ignorance I think rather then due diligence process of passionate about doing their job well..

haha....now i know why got triangle design. 

But i tink this is the bestest so far:

even better if they do this in JB parking lots. Confirm car will not be stolen

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Wheel, Clamp, will, damage and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users