Freak Car Accident

2BDriver

not true lei....my ic starts with S175****** born in 66, my friends was 18*******born in 1968/69 in sg, those born on or after 1970 ic will start with S7****** like my wife and those born in 80s will start with S8*******......my son was born in 93 and his ic is S93*****. Those born after the millenia....i dont know.

Wow your 17! You are older than me! Mine start with 18.
↡ Advertisement

Mine da best

S69.....3..69x

Haaaa

Destined in life to be in that category. You will live long cos 69 don't carry too many health issue to worry about.

yup......i old oredy....but not as old as that s69...3...69x fella...ððð. You must be a 1967 boy?

67 better than 69. 69 not mine cup of tea. Too much effort required. I prefer to be served. Haha
  • Praise 1

Does the number roll out sequentially for the local born?

Like first baby will be T1700001?

Then the last baby born this year will be T1731111?

Meaning 31111 locally born babies

That's why local born will never have 3rd digit as 6.

This number also a bit weird, I remember I had a friend NRIC number was Sxx4xxxx, mine is Sxx3xxxx, but he is born earlier than me by 1 month. Don't know why his NRIC number is after mine.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

This number also a bit weird, I remember I had a friend NRIC number was Sxx4xxxx, mine is Sxx3xxxx, but he is born earlier than me by 1 month. Don't know why his NRIC number is after mine.

very simple.....your friend registered his/her NRIC Number at a later stage (maybe few weeks later)

Whereas your parents, fast hand fast leg, may have registered your NRIC within few days after birth.

If you are currently a parents with kids, you will know that you have a grace period to register your child NRIC after the child is born.

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

Maybe your parents and his parents register the birth cert at different location.

I registered both my kids at Thomson Medical not at ICA.

Think he tried to boomzz himself to death.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/twist-bukit-batok-car-explosion-man-injured-believed-be-convicted-online-scammer

The man who was injured in the car explosion at 290H Bukit Batok Street 24 yesterday (Apr 26) evening is believed to be the same man who devised an online scam to cheat people into transferring money to his bank accounts in 2015.

Stomp understands that the man is Dwight T Soriano. He had conned 34 victims of more than $30,000 in an online scam in 2015 and was jailed for 17 months.

The car explosion left the 32-year-old man with burns to his chest and limbs, as seen in a video taken by a Stomp contributor.

He was conscious when conveyed to Singapore General Hospital, a police spokesperson said, adding that portable butane gas canisters were also found at the scene.

. . . . .

Serve him right! Retribution!

By the way, he's not local right? His name doesn't look local.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Karma not that real.... This guy only cheated 30k he got blown up plus jail. Some people many millions only jail for a while and still got nice penthouse waiting.

That's why I say it makes absolute sense to cheat $10 million, and receive 1/5 of Kong Hee's sentence. Will be out of Changi Hotel within a year and live in luxury for he rest of your life.  [laugh]

Edited by Vinceng

Hypersonic

if that is the case, he probably get life imprisonment!

Man injured in Bukit Batok carpark blast arrested for act of mischief

SINGAPORE - A 32-year-old man injured in an explosion at a carpark in Bukit Batok has been arrested after police investigations found that the blast was the result of an act of mischief, The Straits Times understands.

The police on Tuesday (May 2) night revealed the results of their investigations into the case of the car exploding at Block 290H Bukit Batok Street 24 last Wednesday (April 26).

The man was charged on April 29 with the offence of mischief by fire and will be remanded to assist in further investigations, the police said in a news release.

The same man had been injured by the blast, ST understands.

He was taken to Singapore General Hospital, and portable butane gas canisters were found at the scene.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/man-injured-in-bukit-batok-carpark-blast-arrested-for-act-of-mischief

Outcome seems quite fast, maybe clear cut case. Police should put this guy on watchlist already.  :a-aggressive: 

• Praise 1

Penal Code Act 2.8.6

Mischief

Mischief – Mischief is committed by a person who, with intent to cause, or knowing that he or she is likely to cause, wrongful loss or damage to the public or any person, causes the destruction of any property, or any such change in any property, or in the situation thereof, as destroys or diminishes its value or utility, or affects it injuriously. For instance, A commits mischief if he voluntarily throws into a river a ring belonging to Z, with the intention of thereby causing wrongful loss to Z. The penalty for mischief is imprisonment of up to three months, or a fine, or both.

• Praise 4

another case   [:(]  [:(]

Singaporean man and woman killed in car crash in New Zealand
PUBLISHEDMAY 5, 2017, 5:19 PM SGTUPDATEDMAY 5, 2017, 11:24 PM
Lydia Lam
Ariffin Jamar

capture1.jpg2_.jpg?itok=Knvz7MB_
The crash occurred on State Highway 1, south of Dunsandel, a township about 40km south of Christchurch, at 1.12pm on Thursday.PHOTO: GOOGLE MAPS

SINGAPORE - A man and woman from Singapore were killed in a car crash in New Zealand on Thursday (May 4).

Ms Rena Ong and Mr Chen Zhi Hao were employees at technology firm Crestron Singapore, the company confirmed with The Straits Times.

“We are devastated and our thoughts are with the families, friends and colleagues of Zhi Hao and Rena," Mr Stuart Craig, chief executive of Crestron Asia-Pacific, told ST.

"They made a wonderful contribution to our company and were well-loved and respected throughout the audiovisual industry. Crestron is offering support to the families and to our Singapore Team," he said.

According to their LinkedIn profiles, Mr Chen was a technical director and Ms Ong an operations executive at the company.

The two Singaporeans were driving a rented camper van when their vehicle hit an oncoming car, New Zealand news site Stuff.co.nz reported on Friday.

The crash occurred on State Highway 1, south of Dunsandel, a township about 40km south of Christchurch, at 1.12pm on Thursday, police said.

The pair, who were reportedly in their mid 20s to early 30s, were pronounced dead at the scene.

Senior sergeant Pete Stills told New Zealand media: "The camper van rounded the bend and for some unknown reason, crossed the centre line and was entirely on the wrong side of the road when it struck the north-bound vehicle."

A third person was taken to hospital with an arm injury.

A spokesman for Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs told The Straits Times on Friday that MFA is "rendering consular assistance to the families of the two Singaporeans involved in the fatal accident".

"Our thoughts and condolences are with the families," she said.

another case   [:(]  [:(]

Wah, sad case sia.. Driving in NZ must really be careful. Sometimes the wind is so strong that the car will sway when the wind hits the car sideways. Camper-vans more prone to wind forces due to higher Center of gravity (CG) and bigger surface area for the wind to act on. Condolences to the families of the deceased.

Hypersonic

Driver fatigue. In NZ, can never rush from town to town. Have to enjoy the drive.

• Praise 1

it is always better to travel in group say 4 at least. You either get to switch driver or someone kept you awake by chatting.

Never underestimate the bore driving and think you can tahan to long drive even if you are young. My wife always advice against self drive when we travel on our own as we are not young any more   [sweatdrop]

it is always better to travel in group say 4 at least. You either get to switch driver or someone kept you awake by chatting.

Never underestimate the bore driving and think you can tahan to long drive even if you are young. My wife always advice against self drive when we travel on our own as we are not young any more   [sweatdrop]

I agree.. but places like jeju or our far north neighbor country if dun drive very inaccessible.. Jeju more nerve wrecking though.. left hand drive and point A to point B sometimes takes a while to reach.. That time I went jeju, drove the rental car after a long flight + domestic flight, really very tired when reaches our hotel.. Steam like sotong :wacko:   

Twincharged

Aiyo, this accident is obviously caused by the reckless bus driver.  I saw the circulated video.  The Singapore-Johore Express bus was turning right.  The motorcyclist was riding along the road.  There was no way that the bus couldn't see him, he could see him from far away, instead of stopping or slowing down, he just carrying on turning and the back wheel hit the motorcyclist, I could even see the bus "going up and down thru a hump".  Its back wheel ran over the motorcyclist's head!  I saw his head fully crushed with his brain splattered. Poor man!  May he rest in peace!  

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/motorcyclist-dies-in-accident-with-bus-near-sim-lim-tower

Motorcyclist dies in accident with bus near Sim Lim Tower SINGAPORE - A 52-year-old motorcyclist died in an accident with a bus near Sim Lim Tower on Saturday (May 6).

Videos and a photo sent in by a Straits Times reader showed a blue police tent next to a Singapore-Johore Express bus.

He said the bus had been turning into the terminal when the accident happened.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force told ST that it was alerted to the accident along Ban San Street at 2.45pm.

A man in his 50s was pronounced dead at the scene, it said.

The police told ST that they were alerted to the accident involving a bus and a motorcycle along Rochor Canal Road towards Arab Street at 2.46pm.

The 52-year-old male motorcyclist was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene, and the 57-year-old male bus driver was arrested for causing death by a rash act.

Police investigations are ongoing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2