2014 Mercedes CLA

Carbon82

Agreed, its a beauty....

But like i say, it dilutes the brand somehow....

mercys are meant to be big in size, at least in my mind and heart.

I don't actually disagree. A range of S classes with only a high, low, and a diesel variant for everything else would be fine. Also means people don't have to think too much

Edited by Elfenstar
↡ Advertisement

post-27527-1372521219_thumb.jpg

Sorry hope I didn't repeat an existing thread but did a search and didn't see anything on the 2014 CLA.

Went with my friend earlier to Mercedes showroom today to see the new A Class and the enthusiastic agent told us CLA coming in very soon at an estimated price of $180k. I was like shocked.gif At this price the c-class will be cannibalized by the CLA. I expect the streets to be flooding with CLA if the price is really < $180k.

Fantastic looking car with average performance and decent jingles.
2-3 Variants. 1.6L Turbo and CLA 250 Sport and the AMG.
Basically an A-class with a boot. I can't stop thinking of this car till now...

inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

post-27527-1372521162_thumb.jpg

post-27527-1372521184_thumb.jpg

post-27527-1372521201_thumb.jpg

post-27527-1372521211_thumb.jpg

Biggest difference in my opinion is FWD and RWD.

Also space .... as it is based on the plaform of the B class and not the C class.

Interesting strategy by Mercedes to slot this model between the B and C class but if it priced "right", it would be the next "popular" model.

Also space .... as it is based on the plaform of the B class and not the C class.

Interesting strategy by Mercedes to slot this model between the B and C class but if it priced "right", it would be the next "popular" model.

I guess this car will appeal to the young crowd who are willing to compromise interior space for looks yet retain 4 practical doors.

FWD and RWD difference I guess is the biggest difference.

I for one am swayed by this incoming model.

I got a feeling they might end up reducing the orders of c-class or possibly scrape the c-class entirely.

Funny thing is the merc a-class 1.6 turbo does not even feel close to the pick up for the roc 1.4 turbo, albeit on paper they are close.

Hypersonic

Very chio, the designs from Merc has been getting better and better over the years.

Good choice for a entry level Merc if you lookig to buy brand new. :)

• Praise 3

Actually it is based on A class platform hence CLA.

If i amnot wrong, all three share the same platform....

New A class and CLA and the prototype GLA will share same A class platform. Current E coupe C207 shares platform with C class. CLS shares with E class.

My take is that it wouldn't cannibalize sales from C-class as much as take sales away from people who are looking to buy a Jetta, Passat, or other mid-size conti.

saw the CLA on display at brussels airport when i was there in Apr. very gorgeous ! the only thing that mars it is the GPS/media display which looks like an afterthought add-on.

otherwise both the interior and exterior are very very beautiful.

Have not drive a SUP, let alone this new generation crossover, I'm looking out for the launch.

streamline, yet rugged feel, and last but not least, hip and suitable for city and rugged terrain use.

Thanks for the information.