Workshop that can fix wiring / fuse box burn problem

Ctng

Neutral Newbie

yesterday I doing some diy job to remove the foot light installed previously. when I tried to remove the wires I think it got shorted and I can see smoke and sparks coming out from the fuse box at the driver side. Now the driver door is always open and I cannot lock my car using remote. what could be the worst can scenario and also which workshop is good at troubleshoot this kind of issue? Any workshop in the west would be good.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Toyota,if quite a new one,go back agent,don't play with wiring,it can burn up the whole car....lost more $$$.

Neutral Newbie

its a parallel import and quite sometimes already. anybody can help? I don't to go any workshop and get carrot.

Twincharged

its a parallel import and quite sometimes already. anybody can help? I don't to go any workshop and get carrot.

Electrical problem can try Nam Sing,at A.M.K. AutoPoint,their number are 64837230.

Neutral Newbie

workshop checked for me today say no fuse blow. maybe wire melted. ask me come back tomorrow. I just random went to a workshop.

You have accidently grounded a hot wire ( wire directly connected to battery and not via ignition switch.) Suprising your hot wire is not fused.

Neutral Newbie

So any recommendation where to fix it? Now damn troublesome got to manual lock the door and also got the beep beep beep warning sound sound.

bro could be your lock actuator problem. usually the actuator control the central locking and the alarm locking. Each door lock there is one actuator. Check that one first. If is that problem replace it will solved.

Neutral Newbie

Went another workshop. They suspect pcb board issue. They cant fox also. Anybody can help?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Went another workshop. They suspect pcb board issue. They cant fox also cos no fuse burned. Anybody can help?

Edited by Ctng

Neutral Newbie

The best way out is to go back to the pcb & light installer.

installer mia liao. so long ago. I want a one stop who can fix my problem rather then keep going to different workshop and keep asking.

For those who wish to supply hot wires ( by-passing the ignition switch, direct from battery ) to yr accessories, for safety reasons and to prevent fire , always insists on routing the wire via online fuse, if going to the fuse box is difficult or not possible.

post-272-1372910498_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

My turn signals are not working properly, the right hand side will blink a few times then dies off or it will turn on and not blink at all..if hazard light on, right hand light will intermittently dies and back on again..my usual mech says it is fuse box problem..but since that part for my car quite hard to find, any suggestions what else could be wrong? Driving kia cerato v2 here..thanks!

↡ Advertisement