Pinoy police now have real gun!

Jman888

after been laughed/joke at for many years, the president finally cannot take it anymore!

ONLY-IN-PHILIPPINES.jpg

Pres Aquino hands over 22,000 new pistols to PNP

Published: Tue, July 02, 2013 By Ina Andolong

020713_BA5.jpeg

When President Benigno Aquino III took office in 2010, almost half of the 146,000-strong Philippine National Police (PNP) lacked short firearms, which is far from the ideal of each policeman being armed.

The PNP expects this to change soon, because it has bought more 74,000 Glock 17 Generation 4 pistols, which will be delivered in five tranches, for which P1.2 billion was allocated for the pistols.

On Tuesday, President Aquino led the turnover of 22,000 of the new pistols at the PNP Headquarters at Camp Crame, Quezon City.

The officers who first received the new guns first are those deployed in highly urbanized areas, business districts, and tourist spots.

Assisting the President were Interior Secretary Mar Roxas and Director General Alan Purisima, PNP chief.

In a speech, the President said that the PNP was able to save P200 million, because it was able to buy an additional 15,000 pistols.

A Glock 17 would normally cost about P40,000, but the government was able to bring the price down to a little over P16,000.

Glock 17 pistols are common service firearms issued to law enforcers in other countries.

They are considered among the most dependable, light to carry, and easy to maintain firearms.

"Ang maganda po: Dahil sa de kalidad at iisang klase ng baril na ating ipagkakaloob, mas makakatipid tayo sa pagbili ng mga piyesa, pati na rin sa pagsasanay ng ating mga pulis sa paggamit nito [What good about it is: Because we distributed quality guns of the same make, we would cut costs in buying parts and in the training of the policemen who would use them]," the President said.

He also urged the PNP render true service to the public: "Magpakatotoo ho tayo sa ating mga boss at ako na ho ang bahalang maniguradong talagang damang-dama niyo ang pag-aaruga at pagmamahal ng nagpapasalamat na sambayanan [be true to our boses and I will make sure that you will feel the care and love of a grateful society]."

For his part, Purisima said: "I expect the recipients of these pistols to use these firearms with utmost responsibility and care."

These pistols are just the beginning of the modernization of the PNP, for which the president has approved a budget of P9 billion.

More expensive and highly technical equipment are also in the pipeline including patrol vehicles, automatic rifles, and communications and laboratory equipment.

↡ Advertisement

Another reason is the Police sold off part of the stocks to 'private owners' to make some extra money...

Wah.. finally.

It's such an irony that not all of their police officers are armed when guns are legal in the country.

When i was in manila for a biz trip, i saw Security Guards were armed too. Heck, even the car park warden in front of my office was armed with a pistol!

Another reason is the Police sold off part of the stocks to 'private owners' to make some extra money...

my first thought too, duno how many will be leaked out to the public [laugh]

Wah.. finally.

It's such an irony that not all of their police officers are armed when guns are legal in the country.

When i was in manila for a biz trip, i saw Security Guards were armed too. Heck, even the car park warden in front of my office was armed with a pistol!

Yeah.. At a shopping mall i went to, the security guards were armed with AR-15s!

Yeah.. At a shopping mall i went to, the security guards were armed with AR-15s!

Exactly. Then all major hotels would have metal detectors and x-ray machine.

(edited)

Wonder how many of those side arms re-sold to the terrorist or politicians by unscrupulous policemen .... [sly]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Picnic06

after been laughed/joke at for many years, the president finally cannot take it anymore!

Pres Aquino hands over 22,000 new pistols to PNP

Published: Tue, July 02, 2013 By Ina Andolong

On Tuesday, President Aquino led the turnover of 22,000 of the new pistols at the PNP Headquarters at Camp Crame, Quezon City.

The officers who first received the new guns first are those deployed in highly urbanized areas, business districts, and tourist spots.

Assisting the President were Interior Secretary Mar Roxas and Director General Alan Purisima, PNP chief.

In a speech, the President said that the PNP was able to save P200 million, because it was able to buy an additional 15,000 pistols.

A Glock 17 would normally cost about P40,000, but the government was able to bring the price down to a little over P16,000.

Glock 17 pistols are common service firearms issued to law enforcers in other countries.

They are considered among the most dependable, light to carry, and easy to maintain firearms.

hmmmm......... P40,000 each to P16,000 each ..... :blink:

Make-in-China Glock .... [sly]

17 round mag capacity... mai siao siao......

22,000 guns x 17 rounds = 374,000 rounds. That is a lot of ammo to provide.

↡ Advertisement