Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Kohck
  • Kohck
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I want to buy those pickup-trucks that is so popular in USA and Australia. But i find that most AD do not carry pick-up trucks, or had very limited selection. Take for example, Toyota only have the single cab Toyota Hilux and manual drive.

I am talking about those double cab pickup-truck. In some countries, i saw some drivers adding a shell over the truck bed, effectively converting it to a cheap SUV.

Do you know where i can find a bigger selection? through parallel importers?

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

issit you wanna hoot this one sly.gif

coe so high, now bery sexpensive wacko.gif blink.gif dizzy.gif crazy.gif bigcry.gif

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Try Mitsubishi Triton.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Kohck
  • Kohck
    1st Gear
    Author Image

AD do not sell Mitsubishi Triton. Any dealers that deals with pickup?

Try Mitsubishi Triton.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Those double cab pickup cost more than a lot of cars because of the tax and COE. Best thing is there's no scrap value, 70km/h speed limit and cannot go Malaysia. Don't bother.

If you really want, go check out Isuzu Dmax (very fierce) and Chevy Colorado.

http://chevrolet.com...e/new-colorado/

http://isuzu-tis.com...d-max-2013.html (the current model)

I also love those pickup truck. Unfortunately Singapore is not the country to own this type of vehicle.

Dmax.jpg

Edited by Fcw75, 04 July 2013 - 01:28 PM.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If you really want, go check out Isuzu Dmax (very fierce) and Chevy Colorado.

I also like Isuzu Dmax and Nissan Navara.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oh yah, the Nissan Navara too. But frankly, the front of the Navara looks too normal compared to the two I mentioned.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I ever saw Singapore (G plate) pickup in Malaysia leh....at the back they paste a sticker "80/90km" something. These stickers are same as what we see on SG buses. I think need to apply to their JPJ for special licence to drive in.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I ever saw Singapore (G plate) pickup in Malaysia leh....at the back they paste a sticker "80/90km" something. These stickers are same as what we see on SG buses. I think need to apply to their JPJ for special licence to drive in.

Yes, your company must have a office/factory there and then you can apply but don't think it's so straightforward.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Patricklyb
  • Patricklyb
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I want to buy those pickup-trucks that is so popular in USA and Australia. But i find that most AD do not carry pick-up trucks, or had very limited selection. Take for example, Toyota only have the single cab Toyota Hilux and manual drive.

I am talking about those double cab pickup-truck. In some countries, i saw some drivers adding a shell over the truck bed, effectively converting it to a cheap SUV.

Do you know where i can find a bigger selection? through parallel importers?

nissan has twin cab/has auto too
cherov has too/auto also

but it is veri expensive around 140k

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Cznoob
  • Premium member
    Cznoob
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

There's a 3.0L v6 navara. Can try to ask AD to bring in

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

Tonocovers
  • Tonocovers
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Kohch as you have mentioned you want to buy pickk up trucks so i think you should look for quality and scurity about that truck which you want to buy there are lots of truck in the market but you should look those which should stylish and scurity of goods.

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When I was in US, that state I was in has lotsa of Ford Silverado & Dodge ( dunno wat ) but its a 5.2 Litre . The Dodge damn fierce looking. And the rear uses 4 wheels. Power. But in sin, the engine levy will kill i think. Not sure if it would if its diesel & commercial.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

Maseratigood
  • Maseratigood
    Banned

When I was in US, that state I was in has lotsa of Ford Silverado & Dodge ( dunno wat ) but its a 5.2 Litre . The Dodge damn fierce looking. And the rear uses 4 wheels. Power. But in sin, the engine levy will kill i think. Not sure if it would if its diesel & commercial.

F150 pickup trucks were best seller of all vehicles including saloons in some years there

美酒加咖啡, 一杯加一杯, 海友hoonkee

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

alex976
  • Premium member
    alex976
    4th Gear
    Author Image

AD do not sell Mitsubishi Triton. Any dealers that deals with pickup?

For Triton, you have to contact C&C (call up their sales rep as the website don't carry the information) they do sell the L200 with the Euro V engine.

For Isuzu D-Max, you have to look contact triangle auto or you can go down to their show room at Tuas.

For pick up trucks, the problem is that they are normally meant for industrial use so its hard to get information such as pricing and specs from the respective AD website. The best would be either to give them a ring or go down to the showroom and ask.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Pickup, trucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users