Mobile Speed Camera in KPE Tunnel

Blaquewolf

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I encountered a man in blue, wearing a yellow reflective jacket, with a DSLR looking camera in the tunnel, facing oncoming traffic.

Is this a mobile speed camera being held by a TP or policeman?

It was after the normal fixed mounted camera in the KPE tunnel.

Are they allowed to catch people in there like that?

Or is it a surveyor? He was alone.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

As long as you are not speeding, you need not worry if he is from TP, LTA, Mediacorp, ST or any surveyor company. [:)]

Supercharged
(edited)

Hi all,

I encountered a man in blue, wearing a yellow reflective jacket, with a DSLR looking camera in the tunnel, facing oncoming traffic.

Is this a mobile speed camera being held by a TP or policeman?

It was after the normal fixed mounted camera in the KPE tunnel.

Are they allowed to catch people in there like that?

Or is it a surveyor? He was alone.

Dont think is TP with mobile cam. Mostly likely is someone from LTA doing survey. Saw some of them camping overhead bridge also with cam on tripod with others sitting beside.

Edited by Xers007
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

The whole stretch of KPE looks dangerous even if you stand on the elevated Edge.

Unless till the end of the tunnel (towards TPE), where motorbikes hide from the rain

So did you get a summon?

I just saw them in the tunnel, exactly as you described. And I was......a little over the speed limit.

Yes, may not be TP, can be engineer or LTA staff.

Heard that

- most car speedometer register slightly a higher speed limit

- aftermarket GPS speed indicator may be more accurate

- TP mobile speed cam have some allowance, think at least 10km/hr above before summons

- unlike overhead bridge TP mobile cam, the road shoulder mobile cam usually only try to catch those exceeding speed limit by great margin, and quickly chase the speeding motorist. So if they don't chase u, you will be safe. Also the distance to detect the speed is much lower/shorter/nearer compared to those TP station on the overhead bridge.

Be safe, drive cautiously and let us respect the speed limit imposed.

They were in the tunnel, at the ledge on the side squatting down with one of them holding a camera pointing at the traffic.

I was like 100 I think. Oh nooo

They were in the tunnel, at the ledge on the side squatting down with one of them holding a camera pointing at the traffic.

jia you.....next time go 120. [:p]

• Praise 1

(edited)

Its easy to spot the speed cams in KPE. Just look out for the Speed Camera sign. The camera will be less than 50m after that

Try it.

Also, TPs dun work alone. Either someone with them or a patrol car along side. So I dun think thst guy is a Tp if he's alone.

Edited by Cicada1810

Yes, may not be TP, can be engineer or LTA staff.

Heard that

- most car speedometer register slightly a higher speed limit

- aftermarket GPS speed indicator may be more accurate

- TP mobile speed cam have some allowance, think at least 10km/hr above before summons

- unlike overhead bridge TP mobile cam, the road shoulder mobile cam usually only try to catch those exceeding speed limit by great margin, and quickly chase the speeding motorist. So if they don't chase u, you will be safe. Also the distance to detect the speed is much lower/shorter/nearer compared to those TP station on the overhead bridge.

Haha, it all depends if he want to put the trigger and snap you. Not happy, you will see a speeding ticket for 1km/hr more.

Have u counted how many speed cam mounted on road shoulder and normal camera mounted? It calculate your average and nail you.

TP with mobile cam will not chase you any more unless u are speeding more than 30km/hr beyond the limit.

Yes, that is what we suppose to do anyway.

is those on road shoulder the same as those that hide under the bridge on expressways?

If yes, I kena last year and nope, he did not chase me down. Just sent me love letter that I received 2 months after the offense.

post-14834-0-97689800-1459090954_thumb.png

So motorbike can use the temporary link road from punggol to kpe not?

They did not look things into detail and left out motorbike.. Haiz.