Help! New car collection procedure...

Mrel

Supersonic

New car. 40% depo. Alr paid 15k. Collection next Monday but requesting tomorrow full balance depo either in cheque or internet banking. When i ask for invoice before payment. They say have to wait next Monday. Is it normal? I mean when I made a Payment, would wish a receipt or some kind to show i make a payment.

i don't recall paying for a car n not getting a receipt from a AD. Minimum gotta be acknowledgement on the sales agreement that the balance d/p has been received. Btw, IB payable to who's name?
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Just to add on. During the day of collecting my car while i was guided thru by my sales on the function of the car the finance company called me asking if i have collected the car and if it is all right for them to release the loan amount to my PI. I was really surprised that the finance company will actually do this cause my first car no one call to verify if i have collected my car. Kudo to the finance company

Sales say vehicle eta only sat. I doubt I can see the car tmr. Good job to ur finance comp. Hopefully mine is good too. It's O*B*

i don't recall paying for a car n not getting a receipt from a AD. Minimum gotta be acknowledgement on the sales agreement that the balance d/p has been received. Btw, IB payable to who's name?

I didn't ask IB details at all because I'm not thinking of doing this mode.

To add on. I asked for at least a receipt stating they received my cheque. They told us They will check on this. I'm like... whhhhhaaattt??

Sales say vehicle eta only sat. I doubt I can see the car tmr. Good job to ur finance comp. Hopefully mine is good too. It's O*B*

Maybe to pay safe you can actually pay on sat upon seeing your car but this will lead to a few days delay to getting your car.

Supersonic

I didn't ask IB details at all because I'm not thinking of doing this mode.

To add on. I asked for at least a receipt stating they received my cheque. They told us They will check on this. I'm like... whhhhhaaattt??

Which AD is this? Sounds unusual

Neutral Newbie

Maybe to pay safe you can actually pay on sat upon seeing your car but this will lead to a few days delay to getting your car.

Yeap thanks. Will discuss with hubby.

Turbocharged

IMO it's rather understood that any payment must be to the company, not an individual..

Paying to individual is an open door to the guy to run away with it

Neutral Newbie

today done the balance payment for depo. Well, got a receipt for it. gotta ask but oh well.

Thanks for all the replies. At last settled this.  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

today done the balance payment for depo. Well, got a receipt for it. gotta ask but oh well.

Thanks for all the replies. At last settled this. [laugh]

Good to hear. Enjoy ur new ride on Mon

Turbocharged

Thanks for all the replies. At last settled this. [laugh]

Bro Soya has been asking PI or AD and which one. At least we can tell the reliability.

For me dealing with Borneo Motors....I just issue cheque.....no other questions asked.

Supersonic

Bro Soya has been asking PI or AD and which one. At least we can tell the reliability.

For me dealing with Borneo Motors....I just issue cheque.....no other questions asked.

I think for u can give BM your PIN number oso since u attained customer emeritus status wif them.......LOL

Turbocharged

I think for u can give BM your PIN number oso since u attained customer emeritus status wif them.......LOL

No lah, but I think AD is still alright. Just about PI need to be a bit careful. You seem like stamp the BM on me....haha, just because I drove T and L for the last ten over years. There are also many like me.

Booked a car in end October. Agent told me that the car can be collected within one week after bidding ends on 8th Nov as he is certain that CEO will be secured in 1 bid and car is in stock. However, I am travelling most of the time second half of Nov, so I told him that I will collect 25th Nov when I come back. 

Indeed, COE secured on 8th Nov 2018 with 1 bid. Agent messaged me to pay the balance and said he cannot proceed with anything before the balance is paid. I am OK to pay the balance asap which should be paid anyway and I should also give them sometime to prepare (I assume almost two weeks should be enough give that car is in stock. When I sign the car, he said 4 days enough). but to say cannot proceed with anything is true? 

Supercharged

Booked a car in end October. Agent told me that the car can be collected within one week after bidding ends on 8th Nov as he is certain that CEO will be secured in 1 bid and car is in stock. However, I am travelling most of the time second half of Nov, so I told him that I will collect 25th Nov when I come back.

Indeed, COE secured on 8th Nov 2018 with 1 bid. Agent messaged me to pay the balance and said he cannot proceed with anything before the balance is paid. I am OK to pay the balance asap which should be paid anyway and I should also give them sometime to prepare (I assume almost two weeks should be enough give that car is in stock. When I sign the car, he said 4 days enough). but to say cannot proceed with anything is true?

yup, no money no work.

balance must be settled b4 anything done for registration.