First Timer need advice (185/55R16) (Comfort & Quietness)

E-Jazz

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi Bros/Sis,

My Jazz has reached its 3 year mark and all 4 tyres have shown wore out conditions including a right rear which has been dropping 30+ Kpa per week.

However, it is to my knowledge that my Rim size is slightly different as it is 16 inch rim. The info on the tyre reads: 185 / 55 R16 83H

I went to Shell earlier and the only tyre they carry to fit my rim requirement is Falken 912. (However reading reviews about it was slightly negative.)

I hope any bro/sis with similiar tyre specification can advise me on which other brand/model/workshop to go to. (I previously looked forward to Bridgestone GR90 but they don't seem to produce my rim size tyres.)

My priority is comfort, quietness and decent grip since I do not drive fast.

Please advise.

Many thanks

Ejazz

Edited by E-Jazz
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Michelin XM2 available in this size. Very dependable tyres.

Thanks for sharing. Will look into the reviews.

Neutral Newbie

There are many tyre shop adv in sgcarstore. Try call and ask

Thanks. Been checking and calling so far.

I just saw a review on Toyo Tires 195/55R16 which is different from my stock rim of 185/55R16. Was wondering if that can fit into my stock rim.

Thanks. Been checking and calling so far.

I just saw a review on Toyo Tires 195/55R16 which is different from my stock rim of 185/55R16. Was wondering if that can fit into my stock rim.

Consider upside to 195 50/R16

more choices available. My friend bought KU31 from Soh bros at good price

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

thanks for the recommendation.

Will look into Soh bros.

I have done some calculation using online calculators. Seems that if I stick to 185/55R16, my options are very limited. Thus I may upsize to either 195/50/16 (-1.39%) or 195/55/16 (+1.80) which both are within 2%.

Will research into KU31. Currently I am also looking at Toyo proxes T1R 195/55R16 and yokohama AC01 C.drive 185/55R16 and 195/55R16.

Any comments on the above are most welcome.

Thanks

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Michelin XM2 available in this size. Very dependable tyres.

Thanks for the suggestion. How is the noise level for the tyre?

I am currently reviewing the Continental Comfort Contact 5 tyres, but not sure which workshop have stock for it.

Edited by E-Jazz

Supercharged

Thanks for the suggestion. How is the noise level for the tyre?

I am currently reviewing the Continental Comfort Contact 5 tyres, but not sure which workshop have stock for it.

Not exactly quiet but not noisy either. Quieter than my stock Kumhos. Good dry and wet grip. Squeals a bit on those glossy treated surfaces in some mall carparks and some MSCPs but I'm ok with that coz it helps to announce yr presence to other drivers. Said to be very durable tyres; my 6-month-old ones still have the tyre hair.

Neutral Newbie

Not exactly quiet but not noisy either. Quieter than my stock Kumhos. Good dry and wet grip. Squeals a bit on those glossy treated surfaces in some mall carparks and some MSCPs but I'm ok with that coz it helps to announce yr presence to other drivers. Said to be very durable tyres; my 6-month-old ones still have the tyre hair.

Thanks for the info. Will keep it in mind.

How much did it cost and any workshop you would recommend?

Many thanks

Neutral Newbie

Bought Yokohama earth1 ep400 185/55/16 from Soh Brother. 145 per piece

Thanks for sharing.

How's the comfort and noise level?

T1R is gd... juz had my ride changed from tis T1R to T1R... wet grip is solid... of cos dry grip no need to say... overall lasted me for abt 50k...

Neutral Newbie

T1R is gd... juz had my ride changed from tis T1R to T1R... wet grip is solid... of cos dry grip no need to say... overall lasted me for abt 50k...

Noted with thanks.

Went to a workshop earlier. found out that my tyres have expired based on the date on the tyre itself.

Will have to go find out how to read that. Didn't realize stock tyres can expire in 3 years.

Thanks once again.

KU31 noisy. TS wun like.

TS avoid yoko s drive also if noise is major concern, it will break ur ear drum.

(edited)

Noted with thanks.

Went to a workshop earlier. found out that my tyres have expired based on the date on the tyre itself.

Will have to go find out how to read that. Didn't realize stock tyres can expire in 3 years.

Thanks once again.

expired? the WS should have tell you how to read.

anyway I wont recommend you to put 195/55/16 (still a special size to me) and 195/50/16 (still not a common size and the rim is little too narrow to take that 195/50 width tyre.

just stick to your original size 185/55/16 I think bridgestone and goodyear got this size.

dot any how change size if you can find the recommended size tyre

most premium brand tyre maker come with official 5 yrs warranty against defects with official document.

[:)]

Edited by Roberttan

Supercharged

Thanks for the info. Will keep it in mind.

How much did it cost and any workshop you would recommend?

Many thanks

Less than S$100 each for 185/65/R15. Tyre shop in Batu Pahat (was there for a visit).

↡ Advertisement