Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
2389 replies to this topic | 4,210 praises

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

Gs300999s
  • Gs300999s
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I know this has been discussed a few times, and I did use the search function . . . but still blur so hope u all dun mind i post again hor . . .

I want to buy a plate from someone who has retain plate abc1234z last month buy paying LTA 1300. Car already scraped.

Anyone know the procedure of buying abc1234z and putting it on my current 1 year old ride?

thank you beri muchie !!!
2 Anonymous members praised this
==============================
*** Get a MAC, you won't look back ***

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:59 PM

Ody_2004
  • Ody_2004
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This abc1234z need to be registered on a cheapo/scrap car (as transfer fee is much cheaper) first.

The owner then transfer the car to you.

You then do a retention and then transfer to your 1 year old car.

The cost involve :

a) The seller lost $1300 as the plate put on an scrap/COE car.

b) You pay LTA Transfer fee, insurance cover for the tranfer.

c) You pay LTA $1300 to retain this plate on yr one year old car.

At the end depend how much you willing to pay ontop of this abc1234z plate.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

bro, dont mind me hijacking your thread ah..

what's the procedure and how much it will cost to bid a number and put it on a current car?

i know min bidding is 1k..but the rest i dunno liao..
1 Anonymous member praised this

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Visit my travel blog at http://almostafreque...er.blogspot.com

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:25 PM

Rochelle
  • Rochelle
    5th Gear
    Author Image

you need to fill up a number bidding form, go bank buy a cashier's order of your intended bid, put inside lta envelope, and then drop it into any lta number bidding boxes, then when bidding failed, lta will call you back to collect your money, if successful, you will receive lta letter, then you pay 321 bucks number replacement fee at lta counter, once replacment sucessful, fax the lta number replacement form to your current insurer to inform them a change of number plate, and then go workshop make new car plate. insurance will prolly need you to make an extra payment of insurance amendment fee of 27bucks. lta forms needed will be the RO6 form, which you will need to fill in accordingly.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:57 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

xiao mei, gam xia.. smile.gif

i wanna bid for my name's initial..gam gam ho coming in about 2-3yrs time..

Edited by Shull, 17 November 2008 - 09:57 PM.

2002 Honda Civic ES8 (2003-2013) | 2009 Honda Civic FD2 (2009 - present) | 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 (2013 - present)

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:00 PM

Gs300999s
  • Gs300999s
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

your name Sim Joo Yan ah? laugh.gif
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

Rochelle
  • Rochelle
    5th Gear
    Author Image

an zua call me xiao mei? haha, 2-3yrs time, abit too early to ask bo, in case lta change law again~ haha.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

Rochelle
  • Rochelle
    5th Gear
    Author Image

sim joo yan, why like that say leh? haha.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

Gs300999s
  • Gs300999s
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

now SJM, maybe 2 yrs time SJY ma

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

Rochelle
  • Rochelle
    5th Gear
    Author Image

no need 2 yrs i think, next yr lta choot new pattern, no need follow the alphabets liao, can bid numbers like those usa carplates with names one.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

waiting for SLH.. laugh.gif coz my initial is "S L Ho"

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:31 PM

Gs300999s
  • Gs300999s
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

they have been talking about it since yons ago, talk until the cows come home still not implemented yet

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

Shull
  • Premium member
    Shull
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

LTA pattern forever the same one..if it ain't broken and brings in moolah..why change it.. laugh.gif

unless some smart alec found a better way to squeeze moolah out of peasants..

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Aerosmith
  • Aerosmith
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

anyone selling nice number plates? i am looking for a nice number to put on my car. i don't want to buy from dealers because they charge crazy prizes.
don't need to be extremely rare numbers, cause my budget not that high either.
just pm me your number and your price

6 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

ATTB
  • Premium member
    ATTB
    4th Gear
    Author Image

anyone selling nice number plates? i am looking for a nice number to put on my car. i don't want to buy from dealers because they charge crazy prizes.

Bro, I noticed that recently the bidding of plate number is not that "hot" especially with SKL plate. There are couple of nice number still in the system for 3 weeks already still no taker. Under normal situation, those numbers already taken 7 early 8 early.. Not sure Izzit bcos of the cooling measure caused the bidding slow down too.
5 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

D3badge
  • D3badge
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Bro, I noticed that recently the bidding of plate number is not that "hot" especially with SKL plate. There are couple of nice number still in the system for 3 weeks already still no taker. Under normal situation, those numbers already taken 7 early 8 early.. Not sure Izzit bcos of the cooling measure caused the bidding slow down too.

I have 2 young boys GTR owners approach me in Great World whom wanna buy my car plate, but I turn them down.

if you happen to read this can PM me :)
5 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:09 AM

Steves
  • Premium member
    Steves
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I have a nice number plate for sale, SK* 308 *, if interested pm me your quote, thanks.
6 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe you can try bidding from brand new series car plate numbers?!
Staff69 and 4 Anonymous members praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Luckcent
  • Premium member
    Luckcent
    6th Gear
    Author Image

What is your budget ? and what kind of numbers do you prefer ?
4 Anonymous members praised this
==================================================

Failure is not defeat unless you stop trying

==================================================

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

Sk65
  • Premium member
    Sk65
    6th Gear
    Author Image

got people leave a note on my windscreen b4.
sms back asking 5K, also no reply.
Staff69 and 5 Anonymous members praised this
PSN ID = sk65m

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: nice carplate, car number plates and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users