No more dining by the river's edge under new URA guidelines

Darthrevan

But I think this is the right move - to allow normal people (i.e. non-diners) to enjoy the riverside instead of letting the restaurants use it for commercial purposes.

more like creating more tax revenue

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

U mean boat quay?? I stay away too, not child friendly, it's mainly [knife] tourists

I like rbs more family feel

Btw u should not scare mah, u can tell them u mod leh

[:p]

Oops

Quiet me [:(]

u really asking for it.........

I remember that old hawker centre by the river, quite a fond childhood memory because my cool uncles brought me there. If you ask me honestly, i'll take hawker centre over food court or restaurant anyday.

And yeah, places like boatquay/clarkequay where there's pubs and bars and drunk people hanging around, I rather avoid. I don't go drinking and don't like being around drunk people so you won't find me there unless work related dinner or something.

u really asking for it.........

i also say.....you give, and i give.....he back square one <_< <_<

let's do it la. :ph34r:

Let him carry on therapy first.....we know leopard never change spots wan [laugh] [laugh]

and we theRAPISTS [:p] [:p]

(edited)

boat-quay-hawker-centre-1988.jpeg

the right way to approach having more crowd to the riverside is NOT to have high class restuarants.

The right way is to have F&B that caters to the masses. Last time i rem, there used to be a hawker centre by the river, next to Victoria Theatre. Those old birds will rem this. i vaguely can rem it.

So bring back those affordable F&B hawker food, charged reasonable prices, satay, BBQ sting ray, mee goreng, ice kacangs, hokkien mee, etc, dine by the river, and you will see crowds coming back.

The present problem is our garment see every thing as $$....... they want to do something, must see $$ ROI. so they charging high rentals (greed). Can't they for once, allow the land to be cheaply available, hawkers and other tenants will sell at reasonable prices with good quality food. Naturally, the crowd will flock to the riverside.

Those high class restuarants today are tourist traps. Locals don't bother to go there.

I'm old enough to remember that....I like the mutton soup at the hawker center along the river..those were the true memories...

Edited by LoverofCar

never eat there before

too expensive liao [blush]

Wah I better than you, before married always like to go such kind of place with my date. After married, no more Liao! [:(]