Any good workshop?

Dscheng

Thanks bro.what car you driving bro? can share what repair work you do there?

Hi ALL.

Anyone can recommend a good WS in north like Yishun/Woodlands. AMK also can.

Since now I not going JB anymore for regular stuff, I need to find a good n cheap???? WS in SG to service n repair my car.

Im driving a Optra Estate. Most is just normanl service n wear n tear items.

Oh n I usually buy my own parts(I prefer so I can control the quality of parts used).

Means WS only do labour.

↡ Advertisement

Hi ALL.

Since now I not going JB anymore for regular stuff, I need to find a good n cheap???? WS in SG to service n repair my car.

Oh n I usually buy my own parts(I prefer so I can control the quality of parts used).

Means WS only do labour.

i am also looking for one good WS. i think if we self supply parts. most workshop can do. only thing is they willing to accept your self supply parts and whether how they going to charge and importantly the workmanship. ie: will they anyhow do and bo chap?

seriously to be fair

even suck and fill take 15min +overhead

drain and fill half hr minimum

how cheap (skate) you want to be

but then again, beggars will take any amount of money, but beggars are not mechanics

i am also looking for one good WS. i think if we self supply parts. most workshop can do. only thing is they willing to accept your self supply parts and whether how they going to charge and importantly the workmanship. ie: will they anyhow do and bo chap?

For many many years I wil buy my own parts n get ws just do labour.

Same as what I was doing with JB ws but now I might stop going JB for all my stuff so now I start looking in SG for a good experienced mech who dun charge crazy prices n allow me to bring my own parts.

I stay woodlands so prefer a ws in North.

seriously to be fair

even suck and fill take 15min +overhead

drain and fill half hr minimum

how cheap (skate) you want to be

but then again, beggars will take any amount of money, but beggars are not mechanics

Well I know there were WS who change EO for abt $15 labour.

I just looking if they r still around

For more big jobs I wil just pay what is mainly market rate. Important is they must know what they r doing.

If still cannot find in SG then I just still go JB lor.

Maybe thats why many pple run to JB for better prices.

BTW I am not a cheapskate. I just wan to get good value for my money n dun let pple rip me off.

Whats wrong with that? [confused]

in SG I see many mechs r incompentent but wan to charge high prices. Those r rip- offs. I dun intend to use them.

If more motorists were maybe more particular n know more about their cars, then it wun b so easy for mechs n ws to rip them off so often.

my servicing is done with ienergi @ Ubi. The service by Eddy is good on my 1st try. Driving a Estima

OK thanks. [flowerface]

I looking more ws in North.

Also recommend from pple who have been using the same ws n mech for many years already so can tell if he is really good or not. [nod]

Supersonic

OK thanks. [flowerface]

I looking more ws in North.

Also recommend from pple who have been using the same ws n mech for many years already so can tell if he is really good or not. [nod]

Not many ws will accept you coming in with parts.

Bcuz the parts they supply, they make a margin. If you take that away from them, then they either reject you or add that margin to your labour charge.

Overheads are high here. If they can make a bigger margin doing other customer's cars, they are likely to reject you coming in with parts.

Unless they have no business and fly swatting, then they might take you on.

I have been scouting around too after a few WS that used to charge $20 for servicing labour have since increased them to $30-35. One even quoted me $50.

Used to do it in JB also for RM20... but now with all the Toll fee nonsense and upcoming VEP... i think it's better to do it locally.

many ws not willing to accept self supply parts. even if u do they will open up your car and call u to say someelse that you have not bought needs to be changed and charge very high for that.

normally i will stand around see monitor them to make sure they don't anyhow do.. worse case.. they may even swap your original stockist sourced parts for a third part one and you would be none the wiser upon collecting the car.

(edited)

Go yew tee industrial park.

Yew Tee used to have this mech Simon. But I lost his contact.

I wonder if he still around n still good?

I used him b4.

Edited by Pisces69

Bcuz the parts they supply, they make a margin. If you take that away from them, then they either reject you or add that margin to your labour charge.

Overheads are high here. If they can make a bigger margin doing other customer's cars, they are likely to reject you coming in with parts.

Ya I know many ws prefer to supply parts cos they make on that too but some small OMO prefer u bring yr own cos he also no time to go out n buy parts n he might not have credit with the parts supplier n must pay cash.

I also insist they use only OEM or Original parts so mech sometimes prefer I give him the parts n he can straight away start to install.

Last time in Yishun i used an old mech now already abt 60 yrs old so he also going to retire soon.

JB ws also I provide parts n they can supply Optra parts but Chevy parts in JB damm ex.

An oil filter is RM35 there. In SG its just S$6. [hur]

I have used bigger ws in SG but I just found their workmanship lousy n also the parts they use like 3rd grade quality. Really CMI.

If now SG really dun have a good n cheap ws like what I need, I guess I still wil go JB then.

This only proves many SG biz r lousy n expensive. Pricing themselves out of the market. Its only time b4 many have to close cos unless they can keep getting customers who dun know n dun care about their cars.

Thats the sad truth about Spore. We r losing our competitive edge or have alreddy lost it. [sweatdrop]

I have been scouting around too after a few WS that used to charge $20 for servicing labour have since increased them to $30-35. One even quoted me $50.

Used to do it in JB also for RM20... but now with all the Toll fee nonsense and upcoming VEP... i think it's better to do it locally.

many ws not willing to accept self supply parts. even if u do they will open up your car and call u to say someelse that you have not bought needs to be changed and charge very high for that.

normally i will stand around see monitor them to make sure they don't anyhow do.. worse case.. they may even swap your original stockist sourced parts for a third part one and you would be none the wiser upon collecting the car.

I guess what many say is really true.

Spore is pricing itself out of the market. Or already r priced out.

If finding a good n reasonable ws to do my car in SG is not possible, I wil still go JB to do it then. I dun really have a choice do I.

Like this why is our ghramen forcing pple to buy in SG when SG is just not good anymore. Like forcing someone to eat beef if they dun eat beef. [sweatdrop]

cheap fast and good dont come together

rentals are going up

if u keep earning a lot but dont let other earn, u just contributing to income inbalance

• Praise 1

Hi,

I live bp area and been going to yew tee industrial. 1 ting good abt this shop is he will not change the unnecessary. For instance engine mount broken but no excessive vibration, he asked me not to do first. Dun waste $$.

Labour has gone up. Last time was $15-20. I tink now is abt $30.

He took 20mins to rpelace my fren's latio rear shocks and charged him$40 abt 1yr ago.

Engine oil servicing with filter (oil not famous brands) about $90nett. I recently serviced mine for 7litres abt $110 all in.

Let me knw if u keen :)

Hi ALL.

Means WS only do labour.

Hi Bro,

Y r u not gg back to Yishun there to do yr servicing/repair which u recommended previously?

I was there 3 wks ago to change rotor disc/brake pad/rear brake pump/air con filter with my own purchased parts.

He's still as busy as before and even helped me to adjust my hand brake height which was too high when pulled up and I was wondering wat he was doing as it took him quite a while. [thumbsup]

Supercharged

If finding a good n reasonable ws to do my car in SG is not possible, I wil still go JB to do it then. I dun really have a choice do I.

I would still return to JB to do servicing and wheel alignment, even if I need to pay the new toll charges. Reason being, I'm used to their servicing and trusted them.

Besides, its not everyday you go in, so once a while go in for such purposes makes it valid to pay for the toll charges. At the same time, while in JB, make your trip more worthwhile with grocery shopping, watch movie, makan, massage loh... [;)] So If I were you, I go back JB, and no need to worry about finding another (good) WS in S'pore.

But then again, toll charges aside, there's still the jam that discourages us to go in.... <_<

riverview is one WS that impose surcharge on those bringing own parts. how come their business still thriving?

That means there are still many customers that dun mind to let Ws earn their $$$,

↡ Advertisement