Any good workshop?

Dscheng

I know a workshop still charge labour for $20/-. Original oil filter at $15. so total is $35/-. You bring your own EO.

Anyway, sometimes I hesitate to bring my own EO cos I am afraid that WS will just change oil for you and not doing any basic checks (eg: electrical, other oil checks).

Come to think of it, if you take WS engine oil, they earn more they will do checks for you. My feel.

Not really true. All depends on the workshop and the ethics of the workshop boss(es) and mechanics.

I've patronized workshops where they advertise a whole lot of checks, and their packages and oil used aren't cheap, but in fact their checks are so cursory or non-existent.

I've also gone to workshops which allow me to bring my own oil and parts from stockist, yet the mechanics are quite meticulous in doing the various checks even if I'm there for just an oil change, and have also never failed to deliver when changing parts supplied by myself.

If I see that a certain workshop is more sloppy on performing safety checks or delivers lousy service just because I bring my own parts, I will never go back a second time. A workshop that delivers consistent level of service even if I supply all my own parts will keep me as a customer for as long as they keep it up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

riverview is one WS that impose surcharge on those bringing own parts. how come their business still thriving?

That means there are still many customers that dun mind to let Ws earn their $$$,

Yes, the market is still there, even if they impose charge.

So, like it or not, these ws are not going to come down to your price level.

If you want cheap labour, there's no other option than going JB.

Yes, the market is still there, even if they impose charge.

So, like it or not, these ws are not going to come down to your price level.

If you want cheap labour, there's no other option than going JB.

With increasing toll fee,savings also not much

Turbocharged

What abt that ws along old thomson road inside the petrol koisk?

Are the labour prices still the same?

Must ask adrainli, he regular over there.

What abt that ws along old thomson road inside the petrol koisk?

Are the labour prices still the same?

Must ask adrainli, he regular over there.

the workshop beside Caltex? labour charge is $20. besides replacing the self-supplied engine oil and oil filter, the mechanic will clean the air filter and top up coolant with water.

Hi,

I live bp area and been going to yew tee industrial. 1 ting good abt this shop is he will not change the unnecessary. For instance engine mount broken but no excessive vibration, he asked me not to do first. Dun waste $$.

Labour has gone up. Last time was $15-20. I tink now is abt $30.

He took 20mins to rpelace my fren's latio rear shocks and charged him$40 abt 1yr ago.

Engine oil servicing with filter (oil not famous brands) about $90nett. I recently serviced mine for 7litres abt $110 all in.

Let me knw if u keen :)

OK thanks. Can PM me the address.

Is the boss Simon by aby chance?

the workshop beside Caltex? labour charge is $20. besides replacing the self-supplied engine oil and oil filter, the mechanic will clean the air filter and top up coolant with water.

I tot its the workshop INSIDE the Caltex station?

(edited)

Hi Bro,

Y r u not gg back to Yishun there to do yr servicing/repair which u recommended previously?

I was there 3 wks ago to change rotor disc/brake pad/rear brake pump/air con filter with my own purchased parts.

He's still as busy as before and even helped me to adjust my hand brake height which was too high when pulled up and I was wondering wat he was doing as it took him quite a while. [thumbsup]

Hi bro.

Yes i know Ah Ting. He is good but he already abt 60 yrs old.

I doubt he wil b working much longer. I looking a bit more long term to do my car. Dun wan to go there then next year he close then I got to start looking around again.

Also now there got an old man with grey hair.(owns the unit n rents to Ah Ting n the panel beater).

Hes a B @ s t a r d . He sabo my car when I not around. He wan to charge me higher but Ah Ting gives me special price as I old customer.

I found out that prick sabo my car cos wan it to spoil so can get more biz from me. [hur]

I farked him jia lat b4 n wanted to hammer him n Ah Ting scared so not keen to do for me anymore.

Ah Ting very difficult cos he rent the space from that old prick. [confused]

Edited by Pisces69

Supercharged

I found out that prick sabo my car cos wan it to spoil so can get more biz from me. [hur]

I farked him jia lat b4 n wanted to hammer him n Ah Ting scared so not keen to do for me anymore.

Ah Ting very difficult cos he rent the space from that old prick. [confused]

How he sabo your car ?

How you know he sabo your car ?

:huh:

How he sabo your car ?

How you know he sabo your car ?

:huh:

Last time he not there my car no problem. He always see me, he smile a lot n tok but always rubbish.

After I had some work done, I collect car in evening next day I check n find some screws loosened. Some hoses loosen. Also my AC vents inside car all smeared with balck dirty oil.

I ask Ah Ting he say he never touch those things as he only did my shocks.

I trust Ah Ting cos I been using him for abt 10 years n this never happen b4 n Ah Ting is not that sort of person.

When I suspect him, I stare at him he scared dun dare to look at me anymore. When he behind at toilet I go near to him n stare at him he quickly go into toilet n lock the door.

I almost 100% certain he was the one who disturb my car.

After I farked him jia lat in front of everybody, he quiet.

Then Ah Ting start to quote me much higher for any enquiry I made. I then just bring my biz elsewhere.

Last time he not there my car no problem. He always see me, he smile a lot n tok but always rubbish.

After I had some work done, I collect car in evening next day I check n find some screws loosened. Some hoses loosen. Also my AC vents inside car all smeared with balck dirty oil.

I trust Ah Ting cos I been using him for abt 10 years n this never happen b4 n Ah Ting is not that sort of person.

When I suspect him, I stare at him he scared dun dare to look at me anymore. When he behind at toilet I go near to him n stare at him he quickly go into toilet n lock the door.

Then Ah Ting start to quote me much higher for any enquiry I made. I then just bring my biz elsewhere.

After hear ur case, I'm more convicted that there exist no cheap n gd ws. I only hope I can find reasonable ones, as long as they r able to solve my car issues. Perhaps u really need to venture further north.

After hear ur case, I'm more convicted that there exist no cheap n gd ws. I only hope I can find reasonable ones, as long as they r able to solve my car issues. Perhaps u really need to venture further north.

Ya if I also cannot find what I wan in SG, I just go JB lah. [sly]

Afterall my service abt once a year n I seldom have repairs other than wear n tear issues.

I visit WS maybe once or twice a year only. [nod][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Got !!

Usually they do this cos they have on-hand some other cars to do.....but if they busy they can tell me so. Don't give what excuse (eg, no tool/part to fix this, never fix this brand before, the 'other shop' is better please go there, etc). :wacko:

I went to service my car at this technic autocare yesterday.

good and cheap. $98 for full servicing.

Somemore they use Castrol Edge fully synthetic 5W/40.

When I was there few wks ago, I saw another uncle idling there (not sure is the same guy u talking abt). I asked Ah Ting how many workers he has but he said none. But I saw him telling the guy to help out other cars/queries when he was busy fixing my car. Maybe the guy u mentioned a bit [hur] n buay song u for not entertaining him when he tok rubbish to u [laugh]

Ya if I also cannot find what I wan in SG, I just go JB lah. [sly]

Afterall my service abt once a year n I seldom have repairs other than wear n tear issues.

I visit WS maybe once or twice a year only. [nod][thumbsup]

u light user?

i 1 year 20k km, so min 2x. foreseeing next chg be batt in next 6 mths.

Need to service my 10 year old Toyota Vios.

Any reliable and honest recommendations around Toa Payoh and Hougang area?

Need to repair the driver seat power window and petrol level too.

Thanks ahead. [drivingcar]

When I was there few wks ago, I saw another uncle idling there (not sure is the same guy u talking abt). I asked Ah Ting how many workers he has but he said none. But I saw him telling the guy to help out other cars/queries when he was busy fixing my car. Maybe the guy u mentioned a bit [hur] n buay song u for not entertaining him when he tok rubbish to u [laugh]

The dangerous guy u have to watch out for is elderly abt 50 plus n has a lot of white hair.

He actually owns the unit n rents it out to Ah Ting n the other panel beater guy. So he is the landlord n Ah Ting his tenant.

I think he bored sit at home so go there to disturb pple. Last time he also had his own WS but closed down.

Then he rent out the unit.

↡ Advertisement