What to do after changing spare tyre?

Anshng

Mine cannot patch coz the tear is on the outside. Am i right?I did not know the kerb is so deadly to tear my tyre. My tyre is 225 50r17 and using falken 912 now. any recommendation on tyre change?heard falken got new tyres known as 722

Forget abt falken. Go fr a better set of tires. So many to choose around the same price.

PS 3 .....CSC 3 etc wil b better. If wan a bit cheaper try A.drive R1 by Yokohama. Also good. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Some new cars , I heard, don't have any spare tyre.

If kenna torn on the side , will be very jia lat men

Then need to call tow truck. [bigcry]

Are these brands popular? I was told by the boss of a tyre shop there is not much difference. What should a premium tyre feel like?quieter?last longer?better FC? Sorry but I am a noob regarding tyres

Hard to have everything lah.

Better grip maybe a bit more noisy. Or less grip more lasting.

Thats why ty sell so many types of tires to suite preference of so many pple.

I prefer to get the best tires I can afford. Money well spent I think. -_-

understood. But he said "its illegal" which i was wondering true or not.

I do not know that its illegal but u sud at least take precautions like place a warning triangle abt 50 meters behind vehicle n wear a reflective warning vest so u r more visible to oncoming traffic.

I hv 3 warning triangles n a reflective vest in my boot at all times just in case.

Now most new cars ty give donut. Save space, weight n cost.

I tell u I driving fr so many years till now I never used my full sized spare tire.

I carry a foot pump. If tire got slow leak like nail puncture, I just pump up n go tire shop n repair.

To change tire is damm troublesome. [:(]

hahaha.. lucky you neber change.. that time I first time change... basket.. 5 of my friends tolong.. all sweating.. heng got kaki with me.. If I alone.. :ph34r:

my nail puncture was quite bad at that time..

Are these brands popular? I was told by the boss of a tyre shop there is not much difference. What should a premium tyre feel like?quieter?last longer?better FC? Sorry but I am a noob regarding tyres

other than the brand, i place emphasis on where the tyres r manufactured....so far, i try to go for japan-made if possible....thailand-made is my next choice....

hahaha.. lucky you neber change.. that time I first time change... basket.. 5 of my friends tolong.. all sweating.. heng got kaki with me.. If I alone.. :ph34r:

my nail puncture was quite bad at that time..

Most nail puncture wil b slow leak. Can pump up n just drive to the tire shop to repair.

The main reason I carry the full sized spare is cos I go Msia often.

Most nail puncture wil b slow leak. Can pump up n just drive to the tire shop to repair.

The main reason I carry the full sized spare is cos I go Msia often.

that time mine was quite bad already Tuan. I didnt want to spoil my that rim in the process... [bigcry]

haha.. nice.. I wish I can.. but mine is mounted below the carriage machiam van.. [bigcry]

Supercharged

I carry a foot pump. If tire got slow leak like nail puncture, I just pump up n go tire shop n repair.

What kind of foot pump your carry? Those used for bicycle?

Hypersonic
(edited)

I repaired my own tyre. Just buy a set of repair kit and powered portable air compressor.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AMOEG...=UTF8&psc=1

Save money and time. It's not as difficult as you think. If those Malaysians or ah tiongs at tyre shop can do it, so can you.

I also have a jumpstart kit and cable in my vehicle. :D

Edited by Fcw75

Supercharged

I repaired my own tyre. Just buy a set of repair kit and powered portable air compressor.

Save money and time. It's not as difficult as you think. If those Malaysians or ah tiongs at tyre shop can do it, so can you.

I also have a jumpstart kit and cable in my vehicle. :D

Where does the portable air compressor gets its power from? I see in the picture like must connect to the battery terminals....

Hypersonic
(edited)

Where does the portable air compressor gets its power from? I see in the picture like must connect to the battery terminals....

No la, that link is for the tyre repair kit.

Just plug the portable air compressor into the 12V socket and you are good to go.

Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/LifeLine-AAA-300-Vol...#productDetails

Or this:

http://www.amazon.com/Slime-COMP02-12-Volt...+air+compressor

Edited by Fcw75

Hypersonic

No need so big la bro. Mine is a small one, similar to the link I posted.

I bought from Autobacs few years back for $30+. Think it's still selling. Brand is called Bal or something.

Supercharged

No need so big la bro. Mine is a small one, similar to the link I posted.

I bought from Autobacs few years back for $30+. Think it's still selling. Brand is called Bal or something.

Thanks for the info. [:)]

that time mine was quite bad already Tuan. I didnt want to spoil my that rim in the process... [bigcry]

haha.. nice.. I wish I can.. but mine is mounted below the carriage machiam van.. [bigcry]

Spare mounted below the back is good cos if yr boot is fully loaded n u need to use the spare, u dun need to unload the whole boot to get at it.

Only thing is it is easier to steal. :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement