Electrocuted by Handphone Whilst on Charging ....

Maxus-MIFA9

Quite hard to comprehend it can happen as the charging voltage is normally ~5V and at very low current...unless there's a leak from the mains and short thru the cable to the phone...

(edited)

The old Apple iBook laptop gave electric shock also when it's charging. It's a known common fault then.

Edited by Kangadrool

The old Apple iBook laptop gave electric shock also when it's charging. It's a known common fault then.

yup.....

ever got shock whilst pressing the On/Off button ... :huh:

Probably common among all apple laptop, even MBA has this problem.

Probably common among all apple laptop, even MBA has this problem.

:angry: :wacko::blink:

Until now still not solved? Didn't encounter any shock at the showrooms. Reckon it's design fault - power supply fixed too close to casing???

Luckily, I changed to Mac Mini. Else, everyday will get shocked!

I always use headset when talking on the phone, since there is insulation around it, there shouldn't be any issues eh...

Hypersonic

Quite hard to comprehend it can happen as the charging voltage is normally ~5V and at very low current...unless there's a leak from the mains and short thru the cable to the phone...

Maybe she use 3rd party charger from unknown source.

Maybe she use 3rd party charger from unknown source.

It's possible, but I wonder if these 3rd party chargers (made in china 'oem') will really cause you to be electrocuted?

There are malls in Singapore that provide charging services using these non original multi chargers.

so it will be safer to get a phone with plastic/glass case...

I was just contemplating to get the HTC One....

I got the One 64gb last week... The phone got a built in software where u can use it as remote control on your TV and Cable Tv box.. and also shoe the programs on tv now. Quite useful

Actually alot of possible scenario...

First to verify if it's really IP5 or some lookalike..

Next is if charger is genuine charger,

Next is if cable is genuine cable or those $10 a piece China made cable..

Then also a lot of ladies have long hair right.. and maybe just finish bathing and hair still wet and straightaway talk on phone liao..

It's possible, but I wonder if these 3rd party chargers (made in china 'oem') will really cause you to be electrocuted?

There are malls in Singapore that provide charging services using these non original multi chargers.

Not sure about after market chargers bec I always have lots of genuine ones lying around when changed phone and all usersng micro USB..

But ivused aftermarket battery before.. although only fraction of the price, the quality also fraction of original.. buy brand new aftermarket batt and performance is worse than my original 1 year old original batt. That's why I don't dare use any aftermarket lithium batt product...

Turbocharged

Lithium ion batteries are a fire/explosion risk if not charged at the proper settings.

Electric shock is another issue entirely. It's likely that somehow the mains voltage shorted to the phone (metal casing?) through the charger wires, and there is normally no earthing connection for phone chargers, i.e. two pins only.

There's a reason why Apple only insists on using original parts like charger & batteries. China has got too many fake items that has gone out of control. Probably ppl there cannot tell the fake from real.

Not sure about after market chargers bec I always have lots of genuine ones lying around when changed phone and all usersng micro USB..

But ivused aftermarket battery before.. although only fraction of the price, the quality also fraction of original.. buy brand new aftermarket batt and performance is worse than my original 1 year old original batt. That's why I don't dare use any aftermarket lithium batt product...

I never did dare to use aftermarket battery for phone after using one on an old Motorola phone. The aftermarket battery couldn't hold the charge well, almost the same rate of discharge as my old old old battery.. Wasted my money..

↡ Advertisement