Army regular found dead in SAF training area

Little_prince

having depression over relationship issue with family and bgf is quite common, unless he is warded in imh with resident record, normal consultation and counselling sessions there not a major problem.

if everyone having stress and depression over work or relationship problem, then i think half of the population will qualified in this category liao.

Depression seems to be the favourite most-cited reason for traffic offences nowadays :blink:  

↡ Advertisement

Then why an enlistee with criminal records are immediately flagged and no need to handle firearms? How they did that with CID and different from MOH?

err coroner got like a whole mountainload of cases to go through one lah.

How many people die every single day in SG that requires coroner's report.

Anyone who didn't die in a hospital institution or have a death cert written up, needs to have a coroner's report.

But i would think that in that case there should be sufficient number of coroners to ensure a certain level of speed is achieved. Excess of 1 year for a straightforward gunshot suicide just seems too long....

having depression over relationship issue with family and bgf is quite common, unless he is warded in imh with resident record, normal consultation and counselling sessions there not a major problem.

if everyone having stress and depression over work or relationship problem, then i think half of the population will qualified in this category liao.

I think mental issue not only depression lo, maybe even anxiety disorder also consider? I believe due to stressful life, many people more or less have such issue.

But i would think that in that case there should be sufficient number of coroners to ensure a certain level of speed is achieved. Excess of 1 year for a straightforward gunshot suicide just seems too long....

One of my childhood friend who was going through a bitter divorce and diagnosed to be in depression. Dont know how it happened, during his reservist he was pulled out from his police duties, barred to even draw his revolver and given a desk job! He was an nsmen serving his reservist duties with the police force.

his 2yrs in army before that incident... none of his friends flagged him out before?

i think not possible... more likely .. higher up never follow up.. and treated it as another chao geng soldier..

usually that is the case. My next bed the recruit who died was threaten with disciplinarion action if he were to report sick again. He had reported sick a few times but MO couldnt find anything wrong with him as they never did a blood test on him. Fella cant even walk properly during his last few days, tumbled down the staircase after briefing and was then brought to Medical Centre before transferred to hospital. After he died all played the taichi game and we as the section was called for BOI....really ccb!

yah, this one is very worrying.

the system cannot be so jialat lah...

what happened if let's say, the AYE merc driver has a weapon with live rounds. Results could be a lot worse...

people with depression should be identified (maybe not openly) and given due help, and in the process reduce/minimise any risks to himself, others and society.

RIP... Hope he'll be born into a more loving family in his next life.

The other side of coin. If society to identify those with depression might worsen or delay their recuperation. Imagine in the spot light of the society all the times. On the others side there run a risk of them endangering themselves and others near him/her.

This is a society trait of a developing country. Sigh.

usually that is the case. My next bed the recruit who died was threaten with disciplinarion action if he were to report sick again. He had reported sick a few times but MO couldnt find anything wrong with him as they never did a blood test on him. Fella cant even walk properly during his last few days, tumbled down the staircase after briefing and was then brought to Medical Centre before transferred to hospital. After he died all played the taichi game and we as the section was called for BOI....really ccb!

This is sad, the guy died due to directly SAF fault!

erm what's the hurry?

Not to disparage what it means to the family for closure etc, it's really a low priority case. It just needs to be closed that's all.

In other countries, these things can take years.

This type...

I will never help the SAF cover up.

erm what's the hurry?

Not to disparage what it means to the family for closure etc, it's really a low priority case. It just needs to be closed that's all.

In other countries, these things can take years.

Actually, if you cannot clear your work faster than the cases come in (i.e. 1 new case, 1 old case closed) then that means the backlog will just keep growing. 

Better to nib the problem in the bud rather than wait until you have a 3-5 year backlog.

Actually, if you cannot clear your work faster than the cases come in (i.e. 1 new case, 1 old case closed) then that means the backlog will just keep growing. 

Better to nib the problem in the bud rather than wait until you have a 3-5 year backlog.

SG legal system is already one of the world's fastest already lah.

And generally coroner's reports come out 9-12mths after the deaths.

If i submit a medical report request to a hospital, this is something that is ultra ultra low priority to a hospital staff.

Especially since the staff doing it doesn't get paid to do it most of the time.

I would be laughing if it came back within 2 months. More Likely it will take 3-4 months and maybe even longer. 

This is sad, the guy died due to directly SAF fault!

yup...very sad case! It was those in-charge that should have been blamed for the death. But we know how SAF works dont we!

The other side of coin. If society to identify those with depression might worsen or delay their recuperation. Imagine in the spot light of the society all the times. On the others side there run a risk of them endangering themselves and others near him/her.

This is a society trait of a developing country. Sigh.

True that shouldn't put them under the spotlight or it might make things worse.

Well, if modern society inevitably has by-products like this, then the govt should think of ways to solve it, even if it costs $$ and efforts.

Maybe subtly and sensitively identify these people, then must have dedicated people (new stat board/body/unit on this) to closely monitor and support them, ensuring they won't be in high-risk situations and have a chance to recover or something...

Not too bad as it can create employment opportunities for people too  [laugh]

This type...

I will never help the SAF cover up.

They didnt brief us or asked us to cover anything. Nobody was put to tasked for this case. The BOI itself was a fast.....1 month calender on the wall and asked us what happened on the nighys of specifix date.....kns...how to remember sia.....training was tough and we only want to sleep. Even asked us why we didnt help the poor guy when he fall out of bed one early morning. Told them i heard him calling me but i was too tired to response....he was bed 5 and i was bed 4 and after a while he shouted for the whole section to help him but all slept through or acted to sleep through it as he was a large guy. The guy was not my buddy though but he liked to ask me for help.

Let me guess. Looking at the race... Father kenna force to marry his cousin and mother also kenna force to marry her cousin. Children are born but no love in the r/s. All these to make family dinosaurs happy. One day call it quits, children suffer becoz r/s cannot work.

Why in the world ppl are being forced to get married(to their cousins) in modern day? Cause so many social issues.

Edited by Watwheels

If i submit a medical report request to a hospital, this is something that is ultra ultra low priority to a hospital staff.

I would be laughing if it came back within 2 months. More Likely it will take 3-4 months and maybe even longer.

You submit request, maybe take months but SAF? Ultimately it comes to duty care and diligence as an organisation should be, more so for an organisation in the defend-the-country business. It was not mentioned in the report if he had gone for psy eval with SAF so that somewhat enforces my saying below.

Due care is to pose questions on mental/physical impairments ever encounter. It could be argued about the neccesity of it for certain professions, but for SAF it has to be a must. It is "yes, sir!" "no, sir!", not "my maid did not iron my wrinkled uniform last night, sorry sir!" What if he omitted the truth? Then due diligence called for SAF to verify, validate and if there is a case to get professional opinion, analyse, debrief and ultimately executive decision.

If it takes months for inter-government agencies to gather vital information, then it is a failure. If there was no discovery (and followups) on his history, it is a failure. If after 2 years of service and superiors failed to detect, it is a failure. It's not easy to detect, true that, but I beg to differ with SAF.

Do I emphatise with the deceased? Absolutely! Who he had to protect him, even from himself? What about SAF...isnt their job hard enough? When it comes to protect your Singapore and never leaves one behind, hard is not hard enough.

You know what bro? The low pay also has a direct relationship with speed of work  [lipsrsealed]

I read the TNP. This guy was even arrested by police for attempting suicide before enlistment. How come SAF never pick up any of these?

IMH

Arrested by police

Still alarm bells never went off.

↡ Advertisement