Army regular found dead in SAF training area

Little_prince

Heard of stagmont road? Is at teck whye. You can see from KJE before cck exit

Yes, it is at the hill top...

↡ Advertisement

Felt Very sad reading this news. Knew him personally from 1990 till 1996 when he was my CSM in Stagmont Camp. Really one of the better soldiers and well respected among peers, serious type yet show genuine concern for those around him. Really sad to see him go.

I think he was one of the trainers in School of Signals back in the 90s? His name sounded so familiar, I think I have attended his classes before when I was an NSF.

RIP...

Supercharged

u tink the helpline will be of any help? they are jiak liao bi one... unsure.gif

i know this reply came few years late but since no one mentioned before...

last time hearsay from regulars.. the SAF counselling hotline once call, they will establish your identity.. then promotion big problem liao..

Turbocharged

yeah, know where it is. suggested Keat Hong cos that was where I collected my barang barang before proceeding next door 40SAR for my BMT [;)]

Me too.

i know this reply came few years late but since no one mentioned before...

last time hearsay from regulars.. the SAF counselling hotline once call, they will establish your identity.. then promotion big problem liao..

If call SAF Counselling hotline to seek counselling help almost equal to 'siao leow'...... [crazy]

Who dare to promote you ... [grin]

Supercharged

If call SAF Counselling hotline to seek counselling help almost equal to 'siao leow'...... [crazy]

Who dare to promote you ... [grin]

---removed----

Edited by Knoobie

Supercharged

Whoa lau, can show some respect by not speculating?

my bad. but i still feel the hotline could've done better though.

Stagmont ring is far from stagmont camp due to the opening of KJE.

You can see stagmont camp just before exit 3 Choa Chu Kang way on KJE when you coming from BKE.

It's on the left on top of a hill.

Anyone who have trained in Stagmont camp before will have heard of the stories regarding the 6th storey bunks at the block next to guardhouse. Rumours that the lights are kept on 24/7 and doors are sealed with talisman.

No courage to go up and see so can't verify.

Wonder is this still ongoing?

I went up there before but never see got taliman and the lights are switched off at night, there was also the pull up bar story, anyway when I stayed there they never disturb me. So can't say have or no have. haha

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

When I enlisted in 2004, school of signals still there. but sharing with other units.

Stagmont camp is home to signals. Just like Khatib Camp is to Artillery, Sungei Gedong Camp is to Armour and so on.

• Praise 1

Stagmont ring is far from stagmont camp due to the opening of KJE.

You can see stagmont camp just before exit 3 Choa Chu Kang way on KJE when you coming from BKE.

It's on the left on top of a hill.

Anyone who have trained in Stagmont camp before will have heard of the stories regarding the 6th storey bunks at the block next to guardhouse. Rumours that the lights are kept on 24/7 and doors are sealed with talisman.

No courage to go up and see so can't verify.

Wonder is this still ongoing?

Almost every camp also have horror stories?!

Turbocharged

RIP 

Sorry, cannot embed youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=49I4TfPC7Uo

=============== 

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/4-soldiers-dead-as-tank/3047372.html

TAIPEI: Three soldiers were killed when a tank slipped and plunged into a river during heavy rains following an annual firing drill in southern Taiwan, officials said on Tuesday (Aug 16).

The CM11 armoured vehicle carrying five soldiers was returning to camp in southern Pingtung county around 10.30am (0230 GMT) after completing the firing test when it slipped from a bridge and fell upside down into the Wangsha river, the army said.

The driver managed to escape with light injuries but four others were trapped inside the vehicle and showed no signs of life when they were rescued.

The army initially said they were all killed but later revised the death toll to three as one soldier was revived after emergency treatment and was transferred to a military hospital in neighbouring Kaohsiung city.

"We are still investigating the cause of the accident," said Alfonso Yang, a military spokesman.

According to the army, the driver was unable to make a left turn when the vehicle possibly malfunctioned and then fell into the river.

President Tsai Ing-wen expressed her condolences and demanded the military speedily investigate the cause of the incident, her spokesman said.

The accident happened days before Tsai is due to preside over an annual live-fire exercise codenamed "Han Kuang 32" (Han Glory), also in Pingtung county next week, the island's main yearly drill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49I4TfPC7Uo

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 2

RIP... as a tankee, overturning is the greatest fear. We usually will be safe cos the tank do not collapse thus protecting its occupants. But in this case, i think they were trapped. Driver escaped cos his hatch opening is most probably not blocked...

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Last time (years ago...) I heard the Taiwanese military always had soldiers dying every big exercise, like amphibious craft sinking to the bottom of the sea with whole platoon trapped inside.....

During NS, when we had thais over for training... during chit chat... we ask how is it in thailand... they casually replied... this year quite good only a couple died  :o

RIP... as a tankee, overturning is the greatest fear. We usually will be safe cos the tank do not collapse thus protecting its occupants. But in this case, i think they were trapped. Driver escaped cos his hatch opening is most probably not blocked...

agree...

last time during NSF my unit asked me to go support reservist armour brigade exercise

put me into an M113 without training and still did river crossing

M113 was driven by a reservist uncle who liked to chiong

if the M113 overturned, i probably would be dead

[knife]  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1