25 foreign job seekers to go to jail for giving forged cert

Windwaver

Taken from http://sg.news.yahoo.com/25-foreign-job-se...-102005226.html

The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) charged 25 foreigners on Tuesday for furnishing false information to the Controller of Work Passes to obtain work passes.

According to a statement released by the ministry on Wednesday, the accused persons submitted forged academic certificates between May and August 2012.

All 25 accused pleaded guilty to the charges on Tuesday.

Of the 25, 20 were sentenced to four weeks

↡ Advertisement

So far I only encountered 1 when I was interviewing some candidates for a role under me.

Maybe those people doing recruitment will have more encounters [laugh]

Turbocharged

For 25 kena caught, how many have gone scot free?

And how many in the past few years had successfully gotten their passes

Maybe some already became PRs or new citizens liao

Turbocharged

Even for the so-called "genuine" degree holders, I have seen many applicants who scored 85/100 in their University English examination. Many filled their language competency as "excellent" or 8/10 in the job application form. However, in actual fact, they can't even construct a coherent sentence properly.

That is the problem when you have one FT village head here, and they bring the whole kampong over.

Lulu (aka Michelle Chong), are you around?

Neutral Newbie

in before FT are hardworking and cheap [grin][laugh][laugh]

Velly soon, someone will come in and tell us that SG workers are getting replaced by FT bcos we dun work hard enough and complain too much... [laugh]

what about our MPs, claim to serve NS by treating babies, can this be false claim or just a bad joke

Turbocharged

Even for the so-called "genuine" degree holders, I have seen many applicants who scored 85/100 in their University English examination. Many filled their language competency as "excellent" or 8/10 in the job application form. However, in actual fact, they can't even construct a coherent sentence properly.

That is the problem when you have one FT village head here, and they bring the whole kampong over.

Lulu (aka Michelle Chong), are you around?

Maybe in their country that is consider 8/10 mah.😆

For 25 kena caught, how many have gone scot free?

And how many in the past few years had successfully gotten their passes

Maybe some already became PRs or new citizens liao

Everything has to start somewhere and I think this is a good move. However, I think it's a little late -_-

Great move by the foreign trashes! Get a better paying job, maybe become PR, buy HDB although it is supposed to be public housing, screwed the sillyporeans, recruit more of their kind and soon takeover the government. IF I were them,i will do the same. Hotel Sillypore, here I,come! Soon your children may have no jobs, no HDB, no COE. Let's face it.

So far I only encountered 1 when I was interviewing some candidates for a role under me.

Maybe those people doing recruitment will have more encounters [laugh]

how did u spot the fake? lol

Hypersonic

There's a saying "For every fish that got caught, there are more that slipped away"

Well, at least it's a start even though it's kinda late.

Turbocharged

We are not against FT. The good ones will indeed help our country.

What we are unhappy is the flood gate is suddenly opened and the foreigners are imported by the bulk without proper screening and quality control. Now then they border to do some checks.

We are not against FT. The good ones will indeed help our country.

What we are unhappy is the flood gate is suddenly opened and the foreigners are imported by the bulk without proper screening and quality control. Now then they border to do some checks.

and end up clash in culture differences

↡ Advertisement