• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
87 replies to this topic | 75 praises

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Will_I_Am
  • Premium member
    Will_I_Am
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

8428_p1_s_1.jpg

Tighter checks on carpark wardens promised by HDB

The Straits Times reported that the Housing and Development Board (HDB) has promised to step up its carpark monitoring with tighter checks, after an unsatisfactory report card from the Auditor-General's Office (AGO) on Wednesday.

The AGO's annual report found that both statutory boards had been lax in monitoring their parking wardens. Some of these wardens, who were hired under contracts, failed to check all vehicles, others did not turn up for duty at all.

88 surprise checks conducted by the AGO found five instances where patrolling officers were not present at their patrol sites, despite indicating that they were. It also found 26 instances where wardens did not inspect all vehicles in the carparks, although they were required to do so.

An HDB spokesman said it will be conducting more checks on wardens to ensure compliance. It will also introduce e-parking systems at "more carparks where it is technically feasible to do so". URA will do the same for all of its 200 off-street carparks where feasible.

E-parking systems have already been implemented at 368 of the existing 1,800 HDB carparks. This minimises the need for manual checks by wardens.

Edited by Mazda_mad, 20 July 2013 - 05:30 PM.

You only live once - Enjoy it!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

More summons coming. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Will_I_Am
  • Premium member
    Will_I_Am
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Nowadays URA employ those China babes ... quite a looker. Maciam race queen type. wub.gif
You only live once - Enjoy it!

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Nowadays URA employ those China babes ... quite a looker. Maciam race queen type. wub.gif

those wardens from China are very hardworking and they really do check vigilantly on all vehicles..not only that..they are efficient as well..hope that more of them are deployed instead of the local lazy ones biggrin.gif

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I can vouch for them, they kept their promise dry.gif dry.gif sad.gif sad.gif
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

ATTB
  • Premium member
    ATTB
    4th Gear
    Author Image

You will start hearing kopitiam aunty shouting "mata lai liao!!" laugh.gif

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You will start hearing kopitiam aunty shouting "mata lai liao!!" laugh.gif

It's good la, coz I at times saw them slacking. So now they cannot slack and need to be on the ball lao. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wah I better display coupons when I park at HDB car parks biggrin.gif
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Nc35
  • Premium member
    Nc35
    Clutched
    Author Image

Actually.. i wana complain abt these carpark wardens... come my hse carpark.. only to sign in at the signboard outside the carpark n ride away! WTF! my bloody carpark is always full... even on weekends.. season lots also full.. have to drive up to 3rd or 4th flr to park in normal white lots.. whats the point of paying season parking when there is no lots to park.. WTH... angry.gif

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

those wardens from China are very hardworking and they really do check vigilantly on all vehicles..not only that..they are efficient as well..hope that more of them are deployed instead of the local lazy ones biggrin.gif

Be careful for what u wish for.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Be careful for what u wish for.

i never never cheat...put extra always and i no worry wan.....even when i drive the hearse laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

do the crime, pay the fine! thumbsup.gif
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hotshot85
  • Premium member
    Hotshot85
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i never never cheat...put extra always and i no worry wan.....even when i drive the hearse laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

do the crime, pay the fine! thumbsup.gif

Actually I took it to mean that bro Fcw75 is worried even a warden's job will all be given away to the FTs. Lets put aside the fact that the local ones are supposedly "lazy" first tongue.gif

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Actually I took it to mean that bro Fcw75 is worried even a warden's job will all be given away to the FTs. Lets put aside the fact that the local ones are supposedly "lazy" first tongue.gif

oh...ok that's another side of the coin laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Bystander50
  • Bystander50
    Supercharged
    Author Image

When will be TP's turn?
So many speeding commercial vehicles and the summons issued seemed too little.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Nullifi3d
  • Premium member
    Nullifi3d
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Actually.. i wana complain abt these carpark wardens... come my hse carpark.. only to sign in at the signboard outside the carpark n ride away! WTF! my bloody carpark is always full... even on weekends.. season lots also full.. have to drive up to 3rd or 4th flr to park in normal white lots.. whats the point of paying season parking when there is no lots to park.. WTH... angry.gif

Still trying to find the logic between car park wardens and number of vehicles in a carpark. Are you expecting the car park warden to magically wave their hands and create one lot for you?
Deux Ex Machina

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

When will be TP's turn?
So many speeding commercial vehicles and the summons issued seemed too little.

shd outsource to us with vid cams....each just give me 0.50 c....in half hour, am sure i can make $100 laugh.gif laugh.gif

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Still trying to find the logic between car park wardens and number of vehicles in a carpark. Are you expecting the car park warden to magically wave their hands and create one lot for you?

er...3rd 4th floor still got lots right?? so??? irrelevant.... dry.gif dry.gif

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Bystander50
  • Bystander50
    Supercharged
    Author Image

At the MSCP opposite, once in a blue moon got a M'sian vehicle parked at the top floor without coupons.
The car can park for days without getting summoned.

So these are the people hogging up the lots due to lax enforcements.
It's known that these wardens don't go all the way up to the top level to check.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Bystander50
  • Bystander50
    Supercharged
    Author Image

shd outsource to us with vid cams....each just give me 0.50 c....in half hour, am sure i can make $100 laugh.gif laugh.gif

I wouldn't mind too.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tighter checks on carpark wardens promised by HDB

The Straits Times reported that the Housing and Development Board (HDB) has promised to step up its carpark monitoring with tighter checks, after an unsatisfactory report card from the Auditor-General's Office (AGO) on Wednesday.

The AGO's annual report found that both statutory boards had been lax in monitoring their parking wardens. Some of these wardens, who were hired under contracts, failed to check all vehicles, others did not turn up for duty at all.

88 surprise checks conducted by the AGO found five instances where patrolling officers were not present at their patrol sites, despite indicating that they were. It also found 26 instances where wardens did not inspect all vehicles in the carparks, although they were required to do so.

An HDB spokesman said it will be conducting more checks on wardens to ensure compliance. It will also introduce e-parking systems at "more carparks where it is technically feasible to do so". URA will do the same for all of its 200 off-street carparks where feasible.

E-parking systems have already been implemented at 368 of the existing 1,800 HDB carparks. This minimises the need for manual checks by wardens.

Is contracting out parking wardens HDB's way of getting around the political hot potato of employing foreigners?
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Tighter, checks, carpark, wardens and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users