Tighter checks on carpark wardens promised by HDB

Will_I_Am

(edited)

post-1550-1374312586_thumb.jpg

Tighter checks on carpark wardens promised by HDB

The Straits Times reported that the Housing and Development Board (HDB) has promised to step up its carpark monitoring with tighter checks, after an unsatisfactory report card from the Auditor-General's Office (AGO) on Wednesday.

The AGO's annual report found that both statutory boards had been lax in monitoring their parking wardens. Some of these wardens, who were hired under contracts, failed to check all vehicles, others did not turn up for duty at all.

88 surprise checks conducted by the AGO found five instances where patrolling officers were not present at their patrol sites, despite indicating that they were. It also found 26 instances where wardens did not inspect all vehicles in the carparks, although they were required to do so.

An HDB spokesman said it will be conducting more checks on wardens to ensure compliance. It will also introduce e-parking systems at "more carparks where it is technically feasible to do so". URA will do the same for all of its 200 off-street carparks where feasible.

E-parking systems have already been implemented at 368 of the existing 1,800 HDB carparks. This minimises the need for manual checks by wardens.

Edited by Mazda_mad
↡ Advertisement

Nowadays URA employ those China babes ... quite a looker. Maciam race queen type. :wub:

those wardens from China are very hardworking and they really do check vigilantly on all vehicles..not only that..they are efficient as well..hope that more of them are deployed instead of the local lazy ones :D

Twincharged

You will start hearing kopitiam aunty shouting "mata lai liao!!" [laugh]

It's good la, coz I at times saw them slacking. So now they cannot slack and need to be on the ball lao. [laugh] [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Actually.. i wana complain abt these carpark wardens... come my hse carpark.. only to sign in at the signboard outside the carpark n ride away! WTF! my bloody carpark is always full... even on weekends.. season lots also full.. have to drive up to 3rd or 4th flr to park in normal white lots.. whats the point of paying season parking when there is no lots to park.. WTH... :angry:

Hypersonic

those wardens from China are very hardworking and they really do check vigilantly on all vehicles..not only that..they are efficient as well..hope that more of them are deployed instead of the local lazy ones :D

Be careful for what u wish for.

Be careful for what u wish for.

i never never cheat...put extra always and i no worry wan.....even when i drive the hearse [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

do the crime, pay the fine! [thumbsup]

i never never cheat...put extra always and i no worry wan.....even when i drive the hearse [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

do the crime, pay the fine! [thumbsup]

Actually I took it to mean that bro Fcw75 is worried even a warden's job will all be given away to the FTs. Lets put aside the fact that the local ones are supposedly "lazy" first [:p]

Actually I took it to mean that bro Fcw75 is worried even a warden's job will all be given away to the FTs. Lets put aside the fact that the local ones are supposedly "lazy" first [:p]

oh...ok that's another side of the coin [laugh] [laugh]

Actually.. i wana complain abt these carpark wardens... come my hse carpark.. only to sign in at the signboard outside the carpark n ride away! WTF! my bloody carpark is always full... even on weekends.. season lots also full.. have to drive up to 3rd or 4th flr to park in normal white lots.. whats the point of paying season parking when there is no lots to park.. WTH... :angry:

Still trying to find the logic between car park wardens and number of vehicles in a carpark. Are you expecting the car park warden to magically wave their hands and create one lot for you?

When will be TP's turn?

So many speeding commercial vehicles and the summons issued seemed too little.

shd outsource to us with vid cams....each just give me 0.50 c....in half hour, am sure i can make $100 [laugh] [laugh]

Still trying to find the logic between car park wardens and number of vehicles in a carpark. Are you expecting the car park warden to magically wave their hands and create one lot for you?

er...3rd 4th floor still got lots right?? so??? irrelevant.... <_< <_<

At the MSCP opposite, once in a blue moon got a M'sian vehicle parked at the top floor without coupons.

The car can park for days without getting summoned.

So these are the people hogging up the lots due to lax enforcements.

It's known that these wardens don't go all the way up to the top level to check.

↡ Advertisement