Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Jackzhangxiao
  • Jackzhangxiao
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Since UOB is out of Shell and HSBC and citi came in, which is a better choice at Shell? just to round up:

HSBC Visa:

10% (station) + 8% (rebate, need to spend 600+ every month, not necessary to be patrol) = FES 17.2%

Citi Dividen:
10% (station) + 4% (cash rebate) + 4% (Dividen rebate min 50 spend in patrol) = FES 18.1%

BUT!!!!
for HSBC card, whenever you spend, like dining or shopping or NTUCing, S$5 = 1 escape point and fyi 600 points = 20 dollar shell voucher.

very very complicated! why they cant just give discount when we pump. haiz... have been using Citi for months and now thinking to switch to HSBC.

what.s your thought?

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

on top of this hsbc is giving $4 off for every $60 petrol pumped.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I dunno but i use citi dividend
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

ATTB
  • Premium member
    ATTB
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yes, just collected the voucher today. Valid till Sept only. laugh.gif

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Jackzhangxiao
  • Jackzhangxiao
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Yes, just collected the voucher today. Valid till Sept only. laugh.gif

How? The staff will auto give u if you pumped more than 60?

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i think for this month only, if using HSBC to pay for the petrol, you get double SHELL points.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

zhun bo? So far, they never gibe me leh.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

Nonetheless
  • Premium member
    Nonetheless
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

it's for those who applied for their cards recently onli i suppose

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

Jackzhangxiao
  • Jackzhangxiao
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I just applied the card today and the sales guy didn't mention the 4 dollars to me.

After some calculation, I still think the HSBC is worth a try so I will put my dividen into Leng Gong

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

Pplater
  • Pplater
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

so complicating. Gas men just want to confuse us. In the end I just kept pumping at the station nearest to me. That extra couple percentage discount didn't bring me to a further station.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

Vega
  • Vega
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

zhun bo? So far, they never gibe me leh.

they gave me over the counter but I don't have hsbc card. straight into the bin after I left the petrol station. biggrin.gif

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Since UOB is out of Shell and HSBC and citi came in, which is a better choice at Shell? just to round up:

HSBC Visa:

10% (station) + 8% (rebate, need to spend 600+ every month, not necessary to be patrol) = FES 17.2%

Citi Dividen:
10% (station) + 4% (cash rebate) + 4% (Dividen rebate min 50 spend in patrol) = FES 18.1%

BUT!!!!
for HSBC card, whenever you spend, like dining or shopping or NTUCing, S$5 = 1 escape point and fyi 600 points = 20 dollar shell voucher.

very very complicated! why they cant just give discount when we pump. haiz... have been using Citi for months and now thinking to switch to HSBC.

what.s your thought?

the Dividend rebate is very very complicated furious.gif
it doesn't reflect on your pumping bill, have to accumlate up to $50, then rebate to you, and every transaction has to be more than $50, get 5% rebate,
are you clear biggrin.gif

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Jackzhangxiao
  • Jackzhangxiao
    1st Gear
    Author Image

the Dividend rebate is very very complicated furious.gif
it doesn't reflect on your pumping bill, have to accumlate up to $50, then rebate to you, and every transaction has to be more than $50, get 5% rebate,
are you clear biggrin.gif

Nope. for Citi Dividen,

the 4% rebate will reflect on the blue colour shell receipt at the bottom. every time the cashier will ask you "keep" or "redeem". you can redeem the dollar rebated from last transaction at shell assume you never "keep". this 4% doesn't matter you spend over 50 or not. you pump 1 litre also have.

the other 5% rebate is dividen rebate. not exclusive at shell. you go NTUCing more than 50 dollar also got 5% rebate and when ever the total rebate amount hit 50, it will credit into your card statement to off-set.

rules are simple if you understand.

are you clear? biggrin.gif

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

Lamzh87
  • Premium member
    Lamzh87
    5th Gear
    Author Image

That is why i still prefer to stay at SPC POSB Everyday card.

Flat 20.1% discount from total bill.

No additional conditions or requirement.

Edited by Lamzh87, 22 July 2013 - 01:35 PM.

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Jackzhangxiao
  • Jackzhangxiao
    1st Gear
    Author Image

both Shell and Esso are within 1km from my house.... no SPC........ bigcry.gif

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged
    Author Image

heard SPC fuel performance is not so good as Shell or Esso, in term of claim less mileage in same quantity, is it true?

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Lamzh87
  • Premium member
    Lamzh87
    5th Gear
    Author Image

heard SPC fuel performance is not so good as Shell or Esso, in term of claim less mileage in same quantity, is it true?

Fuel quality is quite subjective eh.

SPC give the flat discount, so no need worry about any terms and condition

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

used SPC for 2 tanks and the overall FC was abt 10.5 km/l

W V power i get 12.0 km/l

so to me the extra 2% is not justifiable if i need to pump more over a shorter distance cf gg a longer distance with vpower.

full tank gets me abt 700km and redlight district no come out yet

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:25 PM

Genes
  • Genes
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

used SPC for 2 tanks and the overall FC was abt 10.5 km/l

W V power i get 12.0 km/l

so to me the extra 2% is not justifiable if i need to pump more over a shorter distance cf gg a longer distance with vpower.

full tank gets me abt 700km and redlight district no come out yet

Your full tank big sia
iPhone or iMia?

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Your full tank big sia

70l

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz