KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

guys, what's the air pressure for our 17 inch tyre ya?

is it 32 psi as per indicated?

i dun use psi but i usually pump ard 250. I believe the recommended is paste on the side of the driver's door edge.

guys, what's the air pressure for our 17 inch tyre ya?

is it 32 psi as per indicated?

Yes 32 psi, but I feel that tyres side walls sagged and car lost power. So pumped to 35psi but ride is too bumpy. So now keep at 34psi.

Hi!

I booked my K3 EX on 24 May through SE Cheng at Ubi. Collected the car on 27 June 16 with following defects and outstanding items:-

1) steering wheel not properly aligned with more than 15 degree slanted;

2) 16" sports rim not installed until today no delivery date;

3) Eurostyle multi media not installed;

4) scratches on left rear window;

Made appointment the next day after collection to align he steering wheel and need to left the car at Ubi service centre  for half a day. BUT the steering wheel still not properly aligned. SE Cheng told me it is "Common" to delver a new car with steering wheel not properly aligned. New K3 owners do take note and check before sign.

Don't understand why such a delay in delivery? And why C&C Management still allow delivery with above outstanding items and major defects.

Did you ask the SE to record down the defects and when it is due for rectification?

When I collected my car, I got some paint work issue at the bonnet/boot/rear bumper.

And the gap between my fender/bonnet/door is uneven on both side. 

My SE was quite steady. He called 1 of the car collection ctr personnel to come and take a look also and they agreed they should rectify it. So they recorded it on my collection slip and true enough, we arranged for it to be rectified the next week. I needed the car that week so I just collected it first.

And they gave me a courtesy car also. Kia Sportage. 

Maybe cos my car took almost a week to be rectified. 

The first paint rectification came back with paint chip. So they resprayed and ask me to check until I am completely satisfied before releasing the car back to me.

Maybe I am just lucky that the service ctr ppl are nice.

i have both steering and wheel alignment. Both they couldnt do properly la.

K3 is well built but not without problems.

I have encountered cruise control panel issues - panel changed

Car unable to start in P, only in N. In P no crank. Left the car there and all they can tell me is computer say no problem. Until I troubleshoot myself and changed car batt which didnt solve it and changed keyfod batt which solved the problem. Imagine the number of times I left the car there to resolve. Infact left overnight.

Now my aircon upon startup, it seems to keep changing mode itself that I hear the mode changing sound like some DJ jamming in the aircon. - Will resolve on next servicing.

Problem when you have too many electronics.

When I get my new car, I also want it to be perfect, but most of the time it isn't. I had bubbles on my solar film and paint defects. If I tell them to resolve it, they also can't do it on the same day. Took the car and send in during servicing to resolve together. I would prefer to spend lesser time and do everything together if possible cos Im not very confident in their mechanics but I had $1k servicing credit then. Now that the credit is used up, Im gonna do it elsewhere.

Wa, suay Sia..ur problems macham like lemon car leh.. e majority of k3 owners here not so Terok as ur case.. best u escalate to GM c&c, as this car is clearly not up to std, n no fault on ur part..like u said, the c&c workshop people also dun where wrong, speaks volumes about their capabilities.. think u spent lotsa time, running ard n $$$ to solve all your problems.. all the best to you man..

Did you ask the SE to record down the defects and when it is due for rectification?

When I collected my car, I got some paint work issue at the bonnet/boot/rear bumper.

And the gap between my fender/bonnet/door is uneven on both side.

My SE was quite steady. He called 1 of the car collection ctr personnel to come and take a look also and they agreed they should rectify it. So they recorded it on my collection slip and true enough, we arranged for it to be rectified the next week. I needed the car that week so I just collected it first.

And they gave me a courtesy car also. Kia Sportage.

Maybe cos my car took almost a week to be rectified.

The first paint rectification came back with paint chip. So they resprayed and ask me to check until I am completely satisfied before releasing the car back to me.

Maybe I am just lucky that the service ctr ppl are nice.

Wa, yr case is damn heng leh.. everything soon soon n resolved to ur satisfaction.. who is ur SE? He deserves a Tiger!
  • Praise 1

Wa, suay Sia..ur problems macham like lemon car leh.. e majority of k3 owners here not so Terok as ur case.. best u escalate to GM c&c, as this car is clearly not up to std, n no fault on ur part..like u said, the c&c workshop people also dun where wrong, speaks volumes about their capabilities.. think u spent lotsa time, running ard n $$$ to solve all your problems.. all the best to you man..

Wa, yr case is damn heng leh.. everything soon soon n resolved to ur satisfaction.. who is ur SE? He deserves a Tiger! ð

Ya. I very lucky.

After I sign sales agreement, I asked for the laser shade also. My SE also give. Too bad my SE left Kia Liao.

Last time I book service appt also can go through my SE. He seriously nice.

He gave me Solar film, HU, car mat, laser shade. My old car also over trade by 2k.

(edited)

Cool. How much u bought ? With HID lights?

Abt 108. With a lot of freebies. Dun intend to collect so soon. So will probably collect next month. Hope everything is fine and not a lemon.Agent cannot tahan my delay in registering. Haha.

Duno is it HID, never ask.

Now I see got ppl complaint steering n wheel alignment problem,abit paranoid Liao. This can't tell until u drive it.

Edited by Greenelantra

Abt 108. With a lot of freebies. Dun intend to collect so soon. So will probably collect next month. Hope everything is fine and not a lemon.Agent cannot tahan my delay in registering. Haha.

108k is the new facelift?

Hi!

I booked my K3 EX on 24 May through SE Cheng at Ubi. Collected the car on 27 June 16 with following defects and outstanding items:-

1) steering wheel not properly aligned with more than 15 degree slanted;

2) 16" sports rim not installed until today no delivery date;

3) Eurostyle multi media not installed;

4) scratches on left rear window;

Made appointment the next day after collection to align he steering wheel and need to left the car at Ubi service centre for half a day. BUT the steering wheel still not properly aligned. SE Cheng told me it is "Common" to delver a new car with steering wheel not properly aligned. New K3 owners do take note and check before sign.

Don't understand why such a delay in delivery? And why C&C Management still allow delivery with above outstanding items and major defects.

Thot sport rim is factory fitted. Even the spare tyre also same sport rim. Then what rim u using nw?

Thot sport rim is factory fitted. Even the spare tyre also same sport rim. Then what rim u using nw?

No lar... they import the factory rims separately and then install in Singapore... reduces costs lar... cos the OMV can be declared lower mah...

No lar... they import the factory rims separately and then install in Singapore... reduces costs lar... cos the OMV can be declared lower mah...

Means our cars got no wheels during shipment ?

Now I see got ppl complaint steering n wheel alignment problem,abit paranoid Liao. This can't tell until u drive it.

I think the wheel alignment is a one off case. Maybe it's parked too Long at the port, shocks already gone. Those freebies don't cost much bro , unlike a good sound system that cost a lot. Do u intend to replace rims ?

I think the wheel alignment is a one off case. Maybe it's parked too Long at the port, shocks already gone. Those freebies don't cost much bro , unlike a good sound system that cost a lot. Do u intend to replace rims ? ð If u do please let me know. I'll take over your rims.

Eh no lar... the car comes in with the normal steel rims lor... then they replace... more cost effective. Steel rims are cheap... very cheap...

(edited)

I think the wheel alignment is a one off case. Maybe it's parked too Long at the port, shocks already gone. Those freebies don't cost much bro , unlike a good sound system that cost a lot. Do u intend to replace rims ?

Edited by Greenelantra

Hope really one off thingy. Not replacing rims because spare rims same design. Change must change 5

And the freebies is quite a lot, those in list eg. Their own PPS, I dun want, so cash back in car price. Shd b 1k plus I ask for. Then those not provided, must do outside one also have,eg, 10 point grounding. Important how u bargain n find a good agent

Ya their PPS not good, btw it's only $500plus. Why must do grounding leh? I've done on my previous ride, no difference leh.

Ya their PPS not good, btw it's only $500plus. Why must do grounding leh? I've done on my previous ride, no difference leh.

Our car comes with PPS? In-house C&C one? I didn't know that.

Our car comes with PPS? In-house C&C one? I didn't know that.

Got in house PPS. I think must pay 450 or 600 dlr. but review very bad. Can bargain free or like me bargain for cash

So far I done ground for my previous 3 rides. With a good stabilizer,it does help. Haha. At least battery life longer. Anyway, just individual preference.
↡ Advertisement