KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Hi Enzomatrix,

Care to explain in details how do you update the firmware of the gps and map? How to connect the car GPS to the Internet?

Thanks.

Yes, thanks. This is what he is upset about.

Trying to find any alternate or cheaper way to overcome that.

For my one, there are 2 SD card, 1 for GPS, the other for video recording of car dvr. I juz take the SD card to upgrade the firmware using my comp. 

ming ghee quote the mirror cover one piece without colour is $44 and haven't include the 7% gst

go outside workshop to do. much cheaper than doing with dealer.

Check the labour if bring own parts and price if workshop provide the parts. If not much difference just let workshop do everything.

Dealer usually charge an arm n leg. My prev ride I call Borneo to check price of compressor. They quote me 2.1k? lol. Settle it outside at less than half the price.

↡ Advertisement

Been using it for a while? Change the cabin filter and get a charcoal deodorizer. Instant fresh air.

Mine used to have the musty air freshener smell when starting the car as I used air freshener. One day decided I don't want to keep breathing in the chemicals. First I got rid of the air freshener, then I bought a $2 daiso charcoal deodorizer. After leaving it in the car for a week or so, I swapped out the cabin filter for a brand new one. Now there's no more weird smells when starting the car, just a clean neutral smell.

My car is only 4 months old, not sure if it is necessary to change the cabin filter this early? I'm using a charcoal deodoriser too so not sure why there is a musty smell, however it is alleviated a little after I started using AmbiPur's air vent that is supposed to eliminate musty smell.

Why not use ioniser

No leh SE didnt call i think they still doing the road tax and insurance didnt ask.

You collected?

Cos there are some comments left by people who don't recommend using an ioniser.

if you can take a picture of the damage, we can advise you better on which parts to replace, or whether the entire mirror needs replacing.

Thanks Bro. Attached are the pictures.The white cover is ok, The black cover needs a replacement. C&C cant change the cover alone. The only option is to change the whole unit which is $483 (including installation). They also told me that the mirror for FL model is different from the previous model. Not sure if this is true.. 

post-177200-0-45453000-1477500385_thumb.jpg

post-177200-0-03343400-1477500386_thumb.jpg

post-177200-0-52364300-1477500386_thumb.jpg

post-177200-0-02182600-1477500387_thumb.jpg

post-177200-0-56681200-1477500387_thumb.jpg

post-177200-0-05017200-1477500388_thumb.jpg

Edited by codenamek83

Just collected SX K3 at ubi today. Mileage when collected, 13KM only...but see some dust on the roof top and brake dust.

Another SX K3 Black beside me, collecting tomorrow at 10am.

Some notice from driving K3 for few hours

1. There is no Auto lock, only Auto Unlock

2. The Motrex System can connect to my Note 5 using Andriod Auto(download APK file from the web)

3. The cash card reader given, no cover(not sure why, design different from my existing ride)

4. The headlamp highbean and normal are yellow. Fog like more yellowish.

5. Android Auto use for Google map, call, sms, music..thats all(indeed nothing fantastic)

6. The original HU was given back to me(cant sell i guess due to the design, only can fit K3)

7. Rotate Tyres and change AC Filter is chargable from service centre( check with SE.)

8. The 12V input, kinda difficult to plug in the car charger(maybe mine is difficult, others may be easy)

9. The driver seat seem to be higher than the front passenger seat.

10. You can adjust the steering wheel.

11. Memory seat only for driver( adjust first, then press SET, then follow by 1 or 2)

12. When go over hump or bumpy road, there is a notification sound( I guess is VSM?)

13. Glove box has lights.

14. Rear windows do not have auto up down.

post-5675-0-45168900-1477500605_thumb.jpg

post-5675-0-07037100-1477500628_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Just collected SX K3 at ubi today. Mileage when collected, 13KM only...but see some dust on the roof top and brake dust.

2. The Motrex System can connect to my Note 5 using Andriod Auto(download APK file from the web)

3. The cash card reader given, no cover(not sure why, design different from my existing ride)

5. Android Auto use for Google map, call, sms, music..thats all(indeed nothing fantastic)

6. The original HU was given back to me(cant sell i guess due to the design, only can fit K3)

7. Rotate Tyres and change AC Filter is chargable from service centre( check with SE.)

8. The 12V input, kinda difficult to plug in the car charger(maybe mine is difficult, others may be easy)

11. Memory seat only for driver( adjust first, then press SET, then follow by 1 or 2)

12. When go over hump or bumpy road, there is a notification sound( I guess is VSM?)

Congrats on collecting your new ride!! Enjoy it!

You only found out about some of these (like adjustable steering wheel, memory seat for driver only) after driving it? Thought these can see/find out at showroom?

It seems that Auto Lock is only on pre-FL models. There was a bit of discussion earlier on this issue. 

Does your Glove Box have cooling vent, ie. aircon in glove box?

How is the cash card reader different? Your existing ride is...?

Neutral Newbie

Dear All Kia Forte Owner,

I have experience a problem on my K3 which was bought last year.

During Stopping when I engaged to neutral, the car is experiencing a heavy vibration (Like the engine is going to die off feeling or like a heavy vehicle is rolling by)

I have complain to C&C, they have replace the engine mounting and clean up the throttle valve. They even go to the extend of recording the ECU when the car is vibrating.

All data are forwarded to the Mother company Korea.

Recently reply from Korea is that this car is a  normal behaviour of the car which I think/feel is not right.,

Hope that all kind soul is able to provide feedback or advise.

Appreciate [mad]  :a-confused:  :a-SOS:  :a-SOS:  :a-SOS:  and Thanks

Yap

Hehe i tried to register at galactico with my eurostyle serial number. No software download available online... only the previous version with screen built into mirror can self download n update....

Thanks, will inform my friend to do it.

@120

Since your K3 is only a year old, vibration is unlikely due to engine mounting.

A reset of the ECU and Tuning of the timing might be the antidote to resolve this issue.

got mine ytd too. mileage 6km.

can share link to download andriod auto apk? thanks!

Dear All Kia Forte Owner,

I have experience a problem on my K3 which was bought last year.

During Stopping when I engaged to neutral, the car is experiencing a heavy vibration (Like the engine is going to die off feeling or like a heavy vehicle is rolling by)

I have complain to C&C, they have replace the engine mounting and clean up the throttle valve. They even go to the extend of recording the ECU when the car is vibrating.

All data are forwarded to the Mother company Korea.

Recently reply from Korea is that this car is a normal behaviour of the car which I think/feel is not right.,

Hope that all kind soul is able to provide feedback or advise.

Appreciate [mad]:a-confused::a-SOS::a-SOS::a-SOS: and Thanks

Yap

Hard braking.... could it be ABS working?

Edit. see wrongly. Vibrating during neutral eh...during servicing the problem can be demonstrated to the svc personal?

Edited by ricleosg

Do you have the thinkware 2 channel dashcam? If yes, the notification sound is from the dashcam which will detect bumps and collisions, and you can even set it to detect lane deviation. Need to download the apps and connect to the cam via wifi

looking at this the damage doesnt look too bad.

the blinker probably needs replacing, and is quite cheap on taobao.

blinker: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=44857219370

the black frame.... looks like just a dent on plactic. i think you should be able to heat it up with a heat gun or hair dryer and bend it back to shape.

otherwise the black frame assemby together with all the auto mirror electronics is about 70-80 on taobao.

mirror mechanism: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=38808343733

however i don't know if the FL model mirror is really different, maybe the ones with blind spot detection are different....

Thanks Bro. Attached are the pictures.The white cover is ok, The black cover needs a replacement. C&C cant change the cover alone. The only option is to change the whole unit which is $483 (including installation). They also told me that the mirror for FL model is different from the previous model. Not sure if this is true.. 

Edited by ricleosg

got mine ytd too. mileage 6km.

can share link to download andriod auto apk? thanks!

Here is the link

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-1-6-2825091-release-release/

I download the arm 64 link

Do you have the thinkware 2 channel dashcam? If yes, the notification sound is from the dashcam which will detect bumps and collisions, and you can even set it to detect lane deviation. Need to download the apps and connect to the cam via wifi

No mine is Thinkware F50, single channel only.

The sound come from the dashcam..hmm I will monitor..

My car is only 4 months old, not sure if it is necessary to change the cabin filter this early? I'm using a charcoal deodoriser too so not sure why there is a musty smell, however it is alleviated a little after I started using AmbiPur's air vent that is supposed to eliminate musty smell.

Cos there are some comments left by people who don't recommend using an ioniser.

Musty smell is probably from your aircon system. I replace my cabin filter yearly as it's cheap and instantly you get clean fresh air. You can consider replacing yours in case there is some problem with the one that came with your car. Maybe it absorbed some smells.