KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Yup. But those that i listed are visible externally. If wanna go deeper, there are plenty more. Thats y the 7k different

Ok, thanks...so SX is more value for money?

↡ Advertisement

I think only for very limited numbers of SX Sports with the Sun Roof.. that's the highest specs K3 brought into SG so far...

I think only for very limited numbers of SX Sports with the Sun Roof.. that's the highest specs K3 brought into SG so far...

Wonder what's the OMV for the Sun roof version. SE told me CnC no longer bringing in th SR version to keep the OMV low. 

So how much OMV for the SR sport model?

Think the FL k3 no more sunroof for SX.

Personally I feel it depends on the person's needs and desire. If the person like all or most of the additional features (and higher omv), then he/she may find it value for money.

I do not need or like most of the SX additional features e.g. boot lip, welcome light, aircon seat, chrome handle, aircon glove box, boot auto open function, front n back parking assist, blink blink interior (yes look inside EX n SX and you will notice immediately the difference in some of the interior finish). Features that I like are memory seat and climate control but I decided to save 7K rather than to have these 2. Moreover, more electronics equate to higher chance of something failing i.e. money spent

Edited by Sotong1977

Wonder what's the OMV for the Sun roof version. SE told me CnC no longer bringing in th SR version to keep the OMV low. 

So how much OMV for the SR sport model?

i think $19.5K~~ ba.. See Here = http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2690023-kia-k3-owners-check-in/page-85 , post 1687

Think the FL k3 no more sunroof for SX.

Yup.. the 1st batch K3 no sun roof, then came the 2nd or 3rd batches with highest specs K3 (SX Sports), then C&C wanna fight the price war, so bring in later K3s with low specs to lower the OMV/price.. now FL all no high specs as this SX Sports.. Only SX Sports hv sunroof

Edited by Lurpsexx

Yup. But those that i listed are visible externally. If wanna go deeper, there are plenty more. Thats y the 7k different

Comfort features are okay to not have but the exclusion of ESC and VSM on EX model is a huge oversight in my opinion, ESC is standard across all 3 trims in the Elantra. 

i think the OMV was $19.5K~~ ba.. See Here = http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2690023-kia-k3-owners-check-in/page-85 , post 1687

Yup.. the 1st batch K3 no sun roof, then came the 2nd or 3rd batches with highest specs K3 (SX Sports), then C&C wanna fight the price war, so bring in later K3s with low specs to lower the OMV/price.. now FL all no high specs as this SX Sports.. Only SX Sports hv sunroof

Personally I feel it depends on the person's needs and desire. If the person like all or most of the additional features (and higher omv), then he/she may find it value for money.

I do not need or like most of the SX additional features e.g. boot lip, welcome light, aircon seat, chrome handle, aircon glove box, boot auto open function, front n back parking assist, blink blink interior (yes look inside EX n SX and you will notice immediately the difference in some of the interior finish). Features that I like are memory seat and climate control but I decided to save 7K rather than to have these 2. Moreover, more electronics equate to higher chance of something failing i.e. money spent

Yes, you're right.. depends on user needs n wants...

Some of these items can't be retrofitted to the EX model (e.g. aircon memory seats, sun roof etc), so if u are looking to add these later on to the EX model, I think its better to get the original equipment in the SX model as these are factory fitted and won't have integration issues if other 3rd parties installed them later... So its up to the buyer to cater not only to their immediate needs, but also to take into account their future wants (i.e. mods). Then they can weigh if its better to buy at SX level or the cheaper EX model.

• Praise 1

Comfort features are okay to not have but the exclusion of ESC and VSM on EX model is a huge oversight in my opinion, ESC is standard across all 3 trims in the Elantra.

Yes agree. This is one feature i would like. But it is also something that will lull the driver into a false sense of security such that he/she might not practise defensive driving.

Had once encountered 1 taxi driver who was so cocksure that the abs on his car can stop it in time in an emergency he said he can chiong without worry.

Edited by Sotong1977

Yes agree. This is one feature i would like. But it is also something that will lull the driver into a false sense of security such that he/she might not practise defensive driving.

Had once encountered 1 taxi driver who was so cocksure that the abs on his car can stop it in time in an emergency he said he can chiong without worry.

haha even if ABS good also need to see the taxi driver's reaction time in braking....

Anybody change the headlights to led type? May i know whats the damages and how is the throw?

my ride is on LEDs. some old pics taken when i first installed them beginning of 2016

look at the last pic for the light throw. It's definitely not as long a throw as HIDs, but definitely better than any "white" halogens.

25213963631_5535d31de3_h.jpgsDSC09350 by ricleosg, on Flickr

25307059495_3cf8594583_h.jpgsDSC09389 by ricleosg, on Flickr

25280833666_51a6edbc29_h.jpgsDSC09358 by ricleosg, on Flickr

Edited by ricleosg

haha even if ABS good also need to see the taxi driver's reaction time in braking....

my ride is on LEDs. some old pics taken when i first installed them beginning of 2016

look at the last pic for the light throw. It's definitely not as long a throw as HIDs, but definitely better than any "white" halogens.

25213963631_5535d31de3_h.jpgsDSC09350 by ricleosg, on Flickr

25307059495_3cf8594583_h.jpgsDSC09389 by ricleosg, on Flickr

25280833666_51a6edbc29_h.jpgsDSC09358 by ricleosg, on Flickr

Wow. Sibeh swee. How much did u pay for the led? Still using it today? How is the throw compare to stock? Notice that your fog light also white! *drooling* Edited by Hhondafit

25213963631_5535d31de3_h.jpgsDSC09350 by ricleosg, on Flickr

25307059495_3cf8594583_h.jpgsDSC09389 by ricleosg, on Flickr

25280833666_51a6edbc29_h.jpgsDSC09358 by ricleosg, on Flickr

Looking good...

Have you tried on NSHW during night driving? How about when raining? Are you blinded by the raindrop?

Doing lots of research in the internet. Some comes with fan and some do not.

Most with fan built in do not have an extra ic box which is easier for installation.

Those without fan will have "metal tail" and extra ic box and wire which may be difficult to stuff all inside the headlight holder.

Pls correct me if i am wrong

Wow. Sibeh swee. How much did u pay for the led? Still using it today? How is the throw compare to stock? Notice that your fog light also white! *drooling*

Still using.10 months n counting.

Better den stock throw for sure.

Looking good...

Have you tried on NSHW during night driving? How about when raining? Are you blinded by the raindrop?

Never been blinded by raindrops hehe why would that happen?

Our headlights have proper projector housings that direct the light n have a proper cut off.

Nvr tried on nshw. But v bright when no Streetlights

Still using.10 months n counting.

Better den stock throw for sure.

Never been blinded by raindrops hehe why would that happen?

Our headlights have proper projector housings that direct the light n have a proper cut off.

Nvr tried on nshw. But v bright when no Streetlights

Ok, what's the damage? Can recommend?
↡ Advertisement