KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Ok, what's the damage? Can recommend?

I bought on eBay about 50+ a pair.

But i duno if non FL n FL headlight same anot hehe.

Now i see the fan based leds going for 30+ a pair.

↡ Advertisement

Ok thanks. Will check it out at eBay.

You using the fan base?

Yes i use the fan based on in the headlights, and the non fan based (copper/metal wire heat sink type) for high beams and foglights.

fan based one have been working for 10-11 mths without problem. One of the fog light LED diodes (each LED has 2 diodes) has failed on one side. still works, but less bright. so gonna change my foglight LEDs soon, ordered otw from ebay. foglights about 9-10mths of use.

You using the fan base?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, those breaking in K3 feel it seems abit unwillingly to move off?  When you maintaining constant speeding and climb up slope (SG sheares bridge) the car feelings unable to climb up and drops in speed? I have some issue with the accelerator too. Not sure how to position the foot. Previous car has those hanging accelerator like brake pedal type, The heel is near the brake pedal and I tilt ball of the foot to accelerate and back to brake which I find its quicker and easier. K3 need to lift and place whole foot to rest on the accelerator pedal? The feel is so different. I waste time to move whole foot onto the Acc  pedal and depress and its so hard to control the pressure. Sorry about the funny last qn  :XD:  and I not a P plate driver. Been driving the previous jap car for almost 5 years

Yes i use the fan based on in the headlights, and the non fan based (copper/metal wire heat sink type) for high beams and foglights.

fan based one have been working for 10-11 mths without problem. One of the fog light LED diodes (each LED has 2 diodes) has failed on one side. still works, but less bright. so gonna change my foglight LEDs soon, ordered otw from ebay. foglights about 9-10mths of use.

Thanks alot. Now i know which to get. Tao bao also selling. Any reviews on their led?

Hi all, those breaking in K3 feel it seems abit unwillingly to move off? When you maintaining constant speeding and climb up slope (SG sheares bridge) the car feelings unable to climb up and drops in speed? I have some issue with the accelerator too. Not sure how to position the foot. Previous car has those hanging accelerator like brake pedal type, The heel is near the brake pedal and I tilt ball of the foot to accelerate and back to brake which I find its quicker and easier. K3 need to lift and place whole foot to rest on the accelerator pedal? The feel is so different. I waste time to move whole foot onto the Acc pedal and depress and its so hard to control the pressure. Sorry about the funny last qn :XD: and I not a P plate driver. Been driving the previous jap car for almost 5 years

Been driving k3 for 1 week now. Yes, this car is slow on uphill. Even with full throttle also slow. Maybe too heavy body and low torque. Just gonna press throttle b4 going uphill.

Regarding the brake and throttle position, it need some getting used to. Every car is different. After sometimes, you will be able to drive like your other jap car :)

Hi all, those breaking in K3 feel it seems abit unwillingly to move off?  When you maintaining constant speeding and climb up slope (SG sheares bridge) the car feelings unable to climb up and drops in speed? I have some issue with the accelerator too. Not sure how to position the foot. Previous car has those hanging accelerator like brake pedal type, The heel is near the brake pedal and I tilt ball of the foot to accelerate and back to brake which I find its quicker and easier. K3 need to lift and place whole foot to rest on the accelerator pedal? The feel is so different. I waste time to move whole foot onto the Acc  pedal and depress and its so hard to control the pressure. Sorry about the funny last qn  :XD:  and I not a P plate driver. Been driving the previous jap car for almost 5 years

Lots of new cars including K3 uses electronic throttle control. which means the ECU (brain of the car) control how much power you need to maintain the same speed or accelerate. The accelerator pedal that you depress on is actually just a pedal connected to the ECU. When you press the pedal, the ECU will process itself and calculate how much power you need to maintain speed or move off from a stop (thus the lag/unwilling to move off for 1 second or less) This in return gives you better fuel consumption. ECU optimizes the engine power to maximize fuel consumption. 

Many years ago, when i drove a hyundai getz & hyundai verna, it was cable operated. The pedal is directly connected to the throttle body using a cable lifting the butterfly flaps up and down while you depress the pedal. This old school style gives you instant engine rev/move off (because there isn't an ECU controlling and processing it.) You are controlling the engine power by yourself on your own feet.

It takes a while to get used to electronic throttle control. Your old car might be cable operated throttle control that's why you feel the reluctance to move off or climb up in speed. Also, our 6 speed auto isn't the smartest auto box out there where it'll drop a gear or 2 while climbing slopes unless you depress it harder. Anyhow, if you are driving SX, make use of our flappy pedal at the back of the steering wheel to drop gear when climbing slope. EX version can switch gear to the +/- on your gear stick and drop gear for better torque when climbing. 

• Praise 1

Hi all, those breaking in K3 feel it seems abit unwillingly to move off? When you maintaining constant speeding and climb up slope (SG sheares bridge) the car feelings unable to climb up and drops in speed? I have some issue with the accelerator too. Not sure how to position the foot. Previous car has those hanging accelerator like brake pedal type, The heel is near the brake pedal and I tilt ball of the foot to accelerate and back to brake which I find its quicker and easier. K3 need to lift and place whole foot to rest on the accelerator pedal? The feel is so different. I waste time to move whole foot onto the Acc pedal and depress and its so hard to control the pressure. Sorry about the funny last qn :XD: and I not a P plate driver. Been driving the previous jap car for almost 5 years

Hi, I am running in too. Yes indeed the accelerator is a bit stiff. You have to get use to it. Be brave, step a little harder. Slowly you'll find the sweet spot.

When going uphill, you need to make the gearbox to down shift. I believe you are stuck at gear 6 when uphill. This is no good for the engine and gearbox. To make the gearbox downshift, step on more at the accelerator or use the pedal shift.

Lots of new cars including K3 uses electronic throttle control. which means the ECU (brain of the car) control how much power you need to maintain the same speed or accelerate. The accelerator pedal that you depress on is actually just a pedal connected to the ECU. When you press the pedal, the ECU will process itself and calculate how much power you need to maintain speed or move off from a stop (thus the lag/unwilling to move off for 1 second or less) This in return gives you better fuel consumption. ECU optimizes the engine power to maximize fuel consumption.

Many years ago, when i drove a hyundai getz & hyundai verna, it was cable operated. The pedal is directly connected to the throttle body using a cable lifting the butterfly flaps up and down while you depress the pedal. This old school style gives you instant engine rev/move off (because there isn't an ECU controlling and processing it.) You are controlling the engine power by yourself on your own feet.

It takes a while to get used to electronic throttle control. Your old car might be cable operated throttle control that's why you feel the reluctance to move off or climb up in speed. Also, our 6 speed auto isn't the smartest auto box out there where it'll drop a gear or 2 while climbing slopes unless you depress it harder. Anyhow, if you are driving SX, make use of our flappy pedal at the back of the steering wheel to drop gear when climbing slope. EX version can switch gear to the +/- on your gear stick and drop gear for better torque when climbing.

To add on, engine achieves its peak torque at a certain rpm. So if you are trying to conserve fuel by not throttling it high enough, the torque produced for the accelerationn will not be optimal.

Hi, I am running in too. Yes indeed the accelerator is a bit stiff. You have to get use to it. Be brave, step a little harder. Slowly you'll find the sweet spot.

When going uphill, you need to make the gearbox to down shift. I believe you are stuck at gear 6 when uphill. This is no good for the engine and gearbox. To make the gearbox downshift, step on more at the accelerator or use the pedal shift.

Wah.. You how many km liao? I tmr sending in for 1k servicing. I clock 800+km since 2 weeks back when i collected my car le

Wah.. You how many km liao? I tmr sending in for 1k servicing. I clock 800+km since 2 weeks back when i collected my car le

I'm only 550km. Not much traveling. I even went JB last Sunday. Every day is to office and home.

I just realised that we have the Temptation Red. Anyone else?

What have you done to your ride so far?

Edited by Multi

Still using.10 months n counting.

Better den stock throw for sure.

Never been blinded by raindrops hehe why would that happen?

Our headlights have proper projector housings that direct the light n have a proper cut off.

Nvr tried on nshw. But v bright when no Streetlights

Bro, our original headlamp cover can fit the LED bulb with fan?

I saw alot of LED bulb but dono if the original cover can close anot.

I don't want to cut holes into the cover to fit.

I'm only 550km. Not much traveling. I even went JB last Sunday. Every day is to office and home.

I just realised that we have the Temptation Red. Anyone else?

What have you done to your ride so far?

Me ah.. Scuff plate, led lights for rear license plate, rubber matt for boot, philips h7 crystal vision, glow in the dark leather key fob cover, window visor, subwoofer still contemplating. Quite a few owners here temptation red i think.

Me ah.. Scuff plate, led lights for rear license plate, rubber matt for boot, philips h7 crystal vision, glow in the dark leather key fob cover, window visor, subwoofer still contemplating. Quite a few owners here temptation red i think.

Me too. Pre-FL SX.

1. Pioneer AVH-X5850BT ($770 + bracket)

https://www.pioneer.com.sg/sg/products-detail/index.html/?product=AVH-X5850BT

2. Helix Blue B62C Component speakers. (Dekit from old car)

3. Helix Blue 6X.2 Coaxial speakers (~ $250-$300)

4. Nokya H7 Headlight Bulbs — Arctic White 7000K 55W (Stage 1) (USD30 from amazon)

5. 3M Carpet (~ $180)

Bro, our original headlamp cover can fit the LED bulb with fan?

I saw alot of LED bulb but dono if the original cover can close anot.

I don't want to cut holes into the cover to fit.

Depends on the physical size if the fan n cooling parts? Mine happens to be a good fit.

The window visor is it from Mobis? I'm looking for it high and low but can't find one...

The rubber boot mat from TB fitting?

For Subwoofer, how to connect to our Motrex without cutting any wire?

Edited by Multi

The window visor is it from Mobis? I'm looking for it high and low but can't find one...

The rubber boot mat from TB fitting?

For Subwoofer, how to connect to our Motrex without cutting any wire?

All my items from taobao. Except philips h7 crystal vision and philips T10 led rear license plate lights from amazon.

Subwoofer can tap onto existing speaker wire. That's what my audio shop told me. He quote me $360 with new pioneer active sub including installation. I still contemplating leh

↡ Advertisement