KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Nobody changed to led interior lights?

my interior lights are LED.

but i duno the measurements, just bought from taobao according to those advertised for K3.

↡ Advertisement

those who wanna see an improve in pick up and performance can try the RSChip version 2. (my experience is only with the preFL K3)

it has eco, stock, sports and sports + settings.

I tried sports and sports plus, and could feel improvements in the pick up from stop, and pick up to overtake during highway.

I think the way the chip "coaxes" improvements is making the transmission shifts more efficient compared to the stock settings.

typically in stock the transmission shifts gear at about 2k RPM unless u floor the pedal, and even if u floor it sounds like the engine makes alot of noise but pick up doesnt increase.

in sports mode the transmission will shift gear closer to 3k, which feels more efficient, and you can feel the pick up is faster and even upslope doesnt feel strained.

for sports plus the transmission will shift nearer to 4k RPM, and the pick up between 60-100 is alot faster, makes highway overtaking n upslope feel effortless.

sports + results in about 10% loss of FC, or i can travel abt 50KM less on a full tank.

sports however, improved my FC by about 10%, while at the same time improving pick up and power compared to stock. This is my current favourite mode.

havent tried eco mode yet....

Edited by ricleosg

Neutral Newbie

but i duno the measurements, just bought from taobao according to those advertised for K3.

Interior lights using T10?

Interior lights using T10?

they look like this

Kia_Forte_Replacement_LED_Interior_Packa

more pricey ones look like this

$_1.JPG

the one i use fits in like this

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by ricleosg

Oh ok. Thanks. Are u using 4leds type or 6led type per bulb?

they look like this

Kia_Forte_Replacement_LED_Interior_Packa

more pricey ones look like this

$_1.JPG

the one i use fits in like this

hqdefault.jpg

The second pic cost abt 60plus.

The only improvement we can see is going for the Data Logging ECU tuning. Other mod are just feel good factor only.

As for exhaust, mod it to semi flow as now our original is restricted.

Any legal semi flow exhaust?

Neutral Newbie

if you look at the sample pic with the car dome light mechanism,

i dont think this fits.

This type only can place on top the cover Edited by Apersim

The second pic cost abt 60plus.

Any legal semi flow exhaust?

Operate on your existing exhaust. Go to Man Exhaust he will know what to do.

Neutral Newbie

The only improvement we can see is going for the Data Logging ECU tuning. Other mod are just feel good factor only.

As for exhaust, mod it to semi flow as now our original is restricted.

Which aftermarket is semi? Or legalised for K3? For sure super sprint k3 cannot install. C&c took 10 mins from taking over my car and back out to change engine oil. First thing they do is unpluck your in car camera. So i assumed they drove into service bay,jack up, drain old EO, pump and pour new EO, jack down and drive out but it was left parked outside blocking their shuttle bus lane and he came asking the owner to shift the car then realized my car was already done. The service center was packed to the max during sending in. I waited for 40mins for nothing. Express service done in 10 mins but collect 50 mins later and nobody knew if my car was serviced at all. Kinda lousy service by them.

Neutral Newbie

those who wanna see an improve in pick up and performance can try the RSChip version 2. (my experience is only with the preFL K3)

it has eco, stock, sports and sports + settings.

I tried sports and sports plus, and could feel improvements in the pick up from stop, and pick up to overtake during highway.

I think the way the chip "coaxes" improvements is making the transmission shifts more efficient compared to the stock settings.

typically in stock the transmission shifts gear at about 2k RPM unless u floor the pedal, and even if u floor it sounds like the engine makes alot of noise but pick up doesnt increase.

in sports mode the transmission will shift gear closer to 3k, which feels more efficient, and you can feel the pick up is faster and even upslope doesnt feel strained.

for sports plus the transmission will shift nearer to 4k RPM, and the pick up between 60-100 is alot faster, makes highway overtaking n upslope feel effortless.

sports + results in about 10% loss of FC, or i can travel abt 50KM less on a full tank.

sports however, improved my FC by about 10%, while at the same time improving pick up and power compared to stock. This is my current favourite mode.

havent tried eco mode yet....

I was very intetested in that rschip previously but cant we just switch to manual drive mode and accelerate up before shitting gear? That why i got auto car with paddle shifter. Manual and auto drive whether i want but i yet to explore the manual paddle. Running in time even lorries want to poke lor

I was very intetested in that rschip previously but cant we just switch to manual drive mode and accelerate up before shitting gear? That why i got auto car with paddle shifter. Manual and auto drive whether i want but i yet to explore the manual paddle. Running in time even lorries want to poke lor

you can use the paddle shifters for sure. i used to use it quite often but got lazy after a while.

what i explained was in layman terms for what i felt was different with the chip and in the diff settings

the official website describes the modifications differently, which may or may not be achievable by just us using the paddle shifters.

"RSchip is an additional control unit, which modifies the engine's factory settings responsible for fuel injections and ignition timing advance in order to maximize power and torque"

Operate means not legal. Lol

By right is illegal, by left is legal cause it is hidden and still using the same muffler. Only thing is inside is different from stock.

Honestly, if one is worried about warranty and legality...then one should just stay with stock standard and just live with it.