KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Thank you for the encouragement, I'm glad i made the right choice! Yea, now that i bought my K3, its irritating to keep hearing people condemning korean cars. Like come on, can't they move on? It's 2017... Korean brands have improved so much...

don't bother laa...your choice. u paying mah...  :a-happy: I myself change from sushi to kimchi...knowing tech & design have much improved over the years :a-m1212:

read below. u will feel much betta.

'"Kia ranks highest among all automotive industry nameplates in the J.D. Power 2016 U.S. Initial Quality StudySM (IQS). This significant milestone comes just one year after Kia ranked second overall in the 2015 IQS. It also represents the first time in 27 years that a non-luxury brand has led the industry in the U.S. Initial Quality Study.''

Edited by Blublak

Just to share. New K3 owners who feel that the radio reception is no good, alot of interference, the next time u go for servicing, can complain. By the way, this is for the Mortrex head unit.

There is a software fix available which they will install for u using USB drive i think.

There is quite a recent patch released like within the past 3 weeks, so if u had asked them to patch earlier, maybe can complain again the next time u go servicing.

I just did the software update, i did notice improvement, though i dun drive alot and dun use radio alot.

Edited by Yixiang1
  • Praise 1

Just to share. New K3 owners who feel that the radio reception is no good, alot of interference, the next time u go for servicing, can complain. By the way, this is for the Mortrex head unit.

There is a software fix available which they will install for u using USB drive i think.

There is quite a recent patch released like within the past 3 weeks, so if u had asked them to patch earlier, maybe can complain again the next time u go servicing.

I just did the software update, i did notice improvement, though i dun drive alot and dun use radio alot.

Yes true, after the upgrade...Radio reception improved alot though not the best but acceptable.

Mine EX, no Mortrex HU. Can complain? haha cos I think mine is not too good as well.

Mine EX, no Mortrex HU. Can complain? haha cos I think mine is not too good as well.

As long it's fitted by CNC you have the right to complaint

Software fix? Will check on that on my next servicing. Perhaps the interference is due to the radio station or location. Maybe you may adjust the EQ in your settings. Did some EQ adjustments on mine, and it sounded better. Hope this helps.

Neutral Newbie

Yes true, after the upgrade...Radio reception improved alot though not the best but acceptable.

Nice. I intend to get it patched soon as well.

Were the HU saved settings resetted after the upgrade? 

Nice. I intend to get it patched soon as well.

Were the HU saved settings resetted after the upgrade? 

After upgrade, everything is intact. Your old setting is still there.

Has KIA got the license that allows Google Maps to be used on the Motrex HU yet???

Not yet...It's not Kia it's Google not yet launch in SEA
  • Praise 1

We are still able to use it although not launch yet. Have you tried?

Yeah I've tried with my Xiaomi Android but couldn't get it to show google map.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1