Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
8456 replies to this topic | 2,384 praises

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:13 PM

thebutcher
  • thebutcher
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Yup. You are right on the subjective part. When I say average, I talking about it from consumer point of view. I agree with teomingern's comment about the difference in MPI and GDI will affect fuel consumption and engine power. He is saying must compare apple to apple. But I am talking about from the point of view from the car buyer.

But if you look at it from a car buyer's point of view, Mazda 3 and K3 pricing is very close. At least during Dec 2015 when I bought my k3. Mazda 3 does have better fuel consumption compared to k3 for a similar price. That's why I say k3 fuel consumption is average. This is purely from the point of view from a car buyer.

But most impt is when you drive a car, do you enjoy it?

I went to test drive Mazda 3 before going to buy k3. I didn't like the poor noise insulation. I was willing to sacrifice fuel efficiency for better sound insulation.

I also tested the new altis, qashqai. Altis was not bad. But the interior feels too plastic for my preference. And they were offering me 127k for the elegance spec. I felt that it was too ex as compared to the other sedan car models. The test car qashqai failed on me during the test drive. The engine start stop failed when I was returning to the showroom. The engine couldn't restart and the whole car just stopped there.

So end of the day, there is no such thing as 1 car is better than the other. It is up to the buyer to decide which pros and cons is he willing to accept.

That being said, I might be selling my k3 at the end of the year to get the Hyundai Tucson 1.6 turbo. I always wanted a SUV and turbo-charged car. If the qashqai didn't fail on me during test drive, very high chance I would have bought it instead of K3.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks alot for the insight bro.

I guess youre spot on.. as long as you enjoy the drive, you tend to overlook the car's "flaws" and eventually grow accustomed to it..

Cheers man

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The Hyundai 1.6 turbo is a sweet engine... you can't go wrong there...

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:53 PM

Whattheheck
  • Premium member
    Whattheheck
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The Hyundai 1.6 turbo is a sweet engine... you can't go wrong there...

Lol. Don't encourage me please. I am trying to find reasons to convince myself not to change car to save money. Lol.

Thanks alot for the insight bro.

I guess youre spot on.. as long as you enjoy the drive, you tend to overlook the car's "flaws" and eventually grow accustomed to it..

Cheers man

No worries man.

Most impt is to test the car yourself with an open mind and ask yourself. Do you like the car?

Our comments here is just to provide an insight of how we feel about K3 after driving it for some time.

Most impt thing is how you feel about the car. Cos you are the one who will be driving the car for a long time. 

No point ppl tell you how good the car is but you don't enjoy it. 

That's always my advice to ppl when they are buying car.

PSP415 praised this

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:35 AM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Ha ha ha... aiyah... you should go test drive the car lar... maybe you can try the Kona... same engine but smaller... so should be more fun to drive...

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:50 AM

StrangerThings
  • StrangerThings
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

should i just top up the 6k diff & go for EX instead of L?

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:39 AM

Multi
  • Premium member
    Multi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It depends on your preference...some find the L model is good provided you are not very particular on luxury features. But I think EX is a good balance between L and SX cause it include some of the goodies which you may want to have after getting the L model.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:13 AM

Altca
  • Altca
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Why is the headlight with dotted led and the now version of k3 . Is ex released this yr or last yr?

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

teomingern
  • Premium member
    teomingern
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Why is the headlight with dotted led and the now version of k3 . Is ex released this yr or last yr?

I'm sorry but your question isn't very clear?

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:15 PM

Multi
  • Premium member
    Multi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Ex is released since 2013 and in 2016 EX got a facelift. Some changes to the headlamp and front bumper. Thus you will see 2 version of headlamp on the road. Dotted led is the pre FL and smooth straight led is the latest

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

Dojon
  • Premium member
    Dojon
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Any bro knows where and how much to sell for the FL k3 stock rim?

Wanted to sell my spare tyre.

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:36 PM

thebutcher
  • thebutcher
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If you got the budget, go for it bro. I did haha..

The deciding factor was the rear aircon vents actually. Guess when your carpark is an open carpark and your wife have to handle an active toddler in the back, the rear aircon is a must have.

Plus, the L model's features are about the same my current car, so why not go for a little more?

Edited by thebutcher, 26 June 2017 - 08:00 PM.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

Simplecar
  • Premium member
    Simplecar
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Cant, 22 cant cool dowm my glovebox and it has a strong exhuast fume smell!

is there a knob inside the glovebox that you can turn to let in warm air to warm the contents of the glovebox?

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

Multi
  • Premium member
    Multi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

is there a knob inside the glovebox that you can turn to let in warm air to warm the contents of the glovebox?

You can trun off the air from going into the glovebox by turning the small circular at the side

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:46 PM

Thatshopaholic
  • Premium member
    Thatshopaholic
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Yes there is but the knob acts more like a vent, independent of temperature setting.

The temp of glovebox is dependent on the driver's aircon setting. Above 22°c (at least for mine) will allow warm air to enter the glove box. Any temp lower will cool the glovebox.

Have to clarify that this is purely a temp setting issue!

Posted Yesterday, 11:29 PM

StrangerThings
  • StrangerThings
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I got mine this evening at Ubi. On way back bit nervous coz rush hour at PIE. Motrex works seamlessly with Android auto on Xperia. Need to explore further though..

Which variant u bought? SE throw in Motrex free?

Posted Today, 04:58 PM

Kelby
  • Kelby
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Anyone know where can do leather seat for K3 SX, as there is a ventilated seat for front passager.

SG or JB?

Price range?

Posted Today, 05:58 PM

Multi
  • Premium member
    Multi
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Anyone know where can do leather seat for K3 SX, as there is a ventilated seat for front passager.
SG or JB?
Price range?

I thought SX comes with leather seat already?

Back to Korean Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Kia Cerato K3

Kia Cerato K3  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by kianewbie  |  Clutched

Surprisingly good and reliable car I've owned

Drove the pre FL K3 for almost a year. Never regret choosing it. Almost all passengers commented on the spacious rear passengers area, rear air vent and almost flat surface. Really enjoying the ride everyday. Firstly, it will greet yo... » Read More

Kia Cerato K3

Kia Cerato K3  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by teecy  |  Neutral Newbie

Can't find any reason not to!

Been looking for a car since late 2016. Im a car person and enjoys a good drive. Naturally very put off with Kia brand. Call me a badge whore, but read on... I've tested the following car: Altis, QashQai, Elantra, K3, golf, astra, civic... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Forte, k3

Quick Reply

Tags: kia, owners, check, forte

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users