KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Dono if you guys encounter this. I noticed a lot of cars (any make and models) have this uneven light projection.

My old Hyundai Verna had the same thing. A lot of cars I see also have this thing. It's not a big issue to me but just curious what caused it.

I am guessing is the headlight assembly's glass is not smooth on the inside. So some of the light gets refracted.

I know it is not alignment issue cos I manually adjusted the headlight using the adjustment screw under the bonnet (see picture) and the control in the cabin. (the one with 0-1-2-3)

I see this when I first collected my car. I have changed to many halogen bulbs before (4300K, 5000K, 7000K) still see the same thing. After I changed to LED it is still there. So I am quite sure it is not the alignment of the bulbs.

What do you guys think?

Hi, You used spanner or philips screw driver to adjust? Need to remove bulb prior adjustments?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

May I know whether the free 1 year service period date follows the car insurance and road tax period?

My KIA car is coming to a year soon, but I will like to know when is the free servicing actual expiry date.

Thanks!

• Praise 1

Thanks for replying. Yes, trying to keep the loan amount down - never good frens with bloodsucking banks. For 2 weeks probably always trigger wiper when signalling haha ><

For freebies, will consider window film, floor mat and the 1yr road tax n insurance more impt. ^^"

I think shouldn't jump to conclusions that SE is trying to cheat you. That might be the way they play the system in order to have lower downpayment for those who cannot afford.

Ver A DP 20.8k Loan 67.2k

Ver B DP 26.4k Loan 61.6k

That 5.6k cheaper DP might be what someone needs in order to afford a new car... they rather pay more interest and slightly higher monthly installment as that is "future money".

Unless you say you offered to pay using version B and SE tell you not allowed, then maybe he is trying to pull a fast one.

• Praise 1

May I know whether the free 1 year service period date follows the car insurance and road tax period?

My KIA car is coming to a year soon, but I will like to know when is the free servicing actual expiry date.

Thanks!

The 1 year free servicing C&C honour it as 1K, 10K and 20K servicing. Not looking at date.

If I'm not wrong, because mine also like that.

• Praise 1

Thanks!

your car coming to a year? wats the mileage? u haven't fully utilise the free servicing or haven't serviced at all? normally free servicing is base on mileage...1K, 5K, 10K...etc...u go check the terms and conditions...sure got state one cos mine does... :a-happy:

• Praise 1

your car coming to a year? wats the mileage? u haven't fully utilise the free servicing or haven't serviced at all? normally free servicing is base on mileage...1K, 5K, 10K...etc...u go check the terms and conditions...sure got state one cos mine does... :a-happy:

Yes, coming to a year, as road tax is expiring in mid March.

And yes, I did go for 1K, 5K and 10K servicing package, even though I have not hit to the exact mileage, as my car usage is not high.

Currently, my mileage is 14K only. When I collected the car last year, my SE reminded me even though 20K mileage is not reached, must service it within the 1 year service period.

During my 10K servicing, I also purchase additional 2 years servicing package. If servicing package is based on mileage instead of time based, then I can "take" my time for the servicing.

Also, is there a term and condition that states warranty is void, if car is not serviced "every 6 month or 10K whichever comes first?" (Correct me if I am wrong).

Supercharged

Hey guys, when you lock your car and walk away is the boot also locked.

Mine doesn't seem to lock.

What's going on??

• Praise 1

What's going on??

Its locked. You can open because u have the remote with u.

What's going on??

Is yours SX model? SX got this thingy call smart trunk feature. When you walk near the boot area, it will automatically open after few peeps

Supercharged

Thanks for the replies.  It is the SX model.

Reason I ask is that I want to lay up the car for a few months for holiday.  So wanted to check some things, boot included.

Now there's an on/off switch for the electrics in the fuse box.

I switched that off but could still open the boot and some other small interior lights etc were still operating.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the replies. It is the SX model.

Reason I ask is that I want to lay up the car for a few months for holiday. So wanted to check some things, boot included.

I switched that off but could still open the boot and some other small interior lights etc were still operating.

Any other ideas?

Not sure about the K3, but the previous gen Forte have a special fuse holder inside the cabin fuae box for long term storage without draining the battery. Just found out about this feature recently..

Thanks for the replies. It is the SX model.

Reason I ask is that I want to lay up the car for a few months for holiday. So wanted to check some things, boot included.

Any other ideas?

Do u have dashcam running on parking mode? Or audio Amplifier ? If no, shouldn't be an issue. Just change to deep drain cycle battery. Normal battery is useless.

Do u have dashcam running on parking mode? Or audio Amplifier ? If no, shouldn't be an issue. Just change to deep drain cycle battery. Normal battery is useless.

Can share which battery available in the market are deep drain cycle battery? Does Amaron make them?

(edited)

Yes, coming to a year, as road tax is expiring in mid March.

And yes, I did go for 1K, 5K and 10K servicing package, even though I have not hit to the exact mileage, as my car usage is not high.

Currently, my mileage is 14K only. When I collected the car last year, my SE reminded me even though 20K mileage is not reached, must service it within the 1 year service period.

During my 10K servicing, I also purchase additional 2 years servicing package. If servicing package is based on mileage instead of time based, then I can "take" my time for the servicing.

Also, is there a term and condition that states warranty is void, if car is not serviced "every 6 month or 10K whichever comes first?" (Correct me if I am wrong).

I got the 1 year free servicing, or 3 services at the 1k, 5k, or 10k interval (or 1month, 6month, and 12month interval). 

So yes, regardless of whichever comes first, you get 3 services. i.e. if you are a heavy driver and hits the mileage your free service may end before 1 year. Or, if you don't drive alot, you just go at the allocated intervals. 

So in your case, check "how many" services you have and their intervals. Don't miss it. 

Edited by scizorsim

I got the 1 year free servicing, or 3 services at the 1k, 5k, or 10k interval (or 1month, 6month, and 12month interval). 

So yes, regardless of whichever comes first, you get 3 services. i.e. if you are a heavy driver and hits the mileage your free service may end before 1 year. Or, if you don't drive alot, you just go at the allocated intervals. 

So in your case, check "how many" services you have and their intervals. Don't miss it. 

Thanks, you are correct.

I have called C&C, and they confirmed on my 1 year servicing period - It expires exactly the same day as my car insurance and road tax expiry date. 

And my additional 2 years servicing package will continue from there. So for light user like me, have to go for allocated scheduled intervals.

Thanks, you are correct.

I have called C&C, and they confirmed on my 1 year servicing period - It expires exactly the same day as my car insurance and road tax expiry date. 

And my additional 2 years servicing package will continue from there. So for light user like me, have to go for allocated scheduled intervals.

For light user like u, ever considered being "busy" and going slightly late for your 6 monthly servicing??

Was thinking... one can "wait long for a Saturday appointment" so no choice, only go servicing like 7-8 months interval...

Ur 2 year, 4 servicing package, can drag until 2 years 6 months, if you go every 7.5 months, instead of zhun zhun 6 months.

Not sure if they would kpkb and threaten to void ur 5 year warranty though... Honestly, for low mileage drivers, i think the engine oil delay 1-2 months then change, no issue one lah.

For light user like u, ever considered being "busy" and going slightly late for your 6 monthly servicing??

Was thinking... one can "wait long for a Saturday appointment" so no choice, only go servicing like 7-8 months interval...

Ur 2 year, 4 servicing package, can drag until 2 years 6 months, if you go every 7.5 months, instead of zhun zhun 6 months.

Not sure if they would kpkb and threaten to void ur 5 year warranty though... Honestly, for low mileage drivers, i think the engine oil delay 1-2 months then change, no issue one lah.

Cannot drag, the package has to be consumed within the stipulated period.

i.e If the free 1 year servicing period is 1 Apr 2016 to 1 Apr 2017, the 1K, 5K, 10K and 20K servicing must be used by 1 Apr 2017, otherwise it will expire on that date.

Neutral Newbie

hi bosses, 

Any recommended shop in KL to decorate my new cerato ?

such as spoiler, LED etc 

↡ Advertisement