KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

7.8km/L on eco mode is very bad. I'm getting 13.5km on the average. Sometimes can get to 15.4km.

Tips: When taking off, don't step too hard. Let the gearbox âchange to 2nd gear gradually. Maintain your pedal position constantly. Maintain proper tire pressure.

Thanks for the tip! Are u using eco as well? Do u get the draggy feeling as well? And am i supposed to reset my fc calculator after filling petrol? Sorry for the many qns.

7.8 is not bad. I am getting 8 despite going on highways most if the time.

Oh yea! I'm not alone. Hahaha... Have you tried ways to improve the fc?
↡ Advertisement

Thanks for the tip! Are u using eco as well? Do u get the draggy feeling as well? And am i supposed to reset my fc calculator after filling petrol? Sorry for the many qns.

No problem...Draggy feeling, only during hot days. Cause I guess the compressor have to work harder. Yes, I set to reset Everytime I top up. This will give you a more accurate reading.

Turbocharged

I think the problem is the gear change....if you are on ECO mode, the gear change seem draggy, so during the gear 3 or 4, it kinda have the pulling jerky feeling..before the next gear kick in.

If you are on normal mode, the gear change seem to be more smooth, of course the gear 3 and gear 4 also abit slow to shift...

I think there is nothing much can be done, as the sequential is already at the default..the only way is step harder..

The gear modes in the EX and SX seem problematic.

Might be better decision to get the basic K3 L without these modes. Just one normal mode - no Sports or ECO mode to choose from. Pay $6,000 / $12,000 less (EX / SX) and less headache.

Yup. Tried step gently or harder to improve fc. Spoil the drive. Haha. Now hack care, just drive as per normal.

I am driving a pre fl so eco mode or not doesn't affect the gear change. Yup, now i am stepping harder but still get the jerking when full load or gentle upslope.

Think gonna live with it. Just hope this doesn't kills the transmission in the long run

Theres a steering icon on the right of the steering wheel if u are driving a ex/sx model

please pardon me , is the steering wheel icon for choosing electric steering feel?

if comfort mode is very light steering

normal is normal

sport is heavy steering

or am i mistaken.

pls pardon me

our k3 has eco mode?

how to go there?

K3 2017 facelift SX has the 3 modes, the EX and L don't have.

I have the same problem too. Im on eco mode and feel that its abit sluggish when moving off and acceleration or upping slopes. Think i should try changing to normal. But does eco mode really save fuel for u? I am getting 7.8km/L which i know is very bad. Any tips?

For me Eco or normal I clock the same..around 11 - 12 km.

If you have more people in your car, use the normal mode, if you driving alone, can use ECO mode.

Eco mode put the gear shifting slower...and the aircon also work slower...

Now I use normal mode.

In order to achieve good FC, drive in smooth traffic expressway...

The longer distant you drive in smooth traffic the better your FC is..

I am doing sales, so I drive in small route and expressway..but my expressway hardly is from one end of PIE to the other end..

please pardon me , is the steering wheel icon for choosing electric steering feel?

normal is normal

sport is heavy steering

or am i mistaken.

This is for PRE FACELIFT..

2017 facelift does not have these modes..only ECO/NORMAL/ SPORTS

Might be better decision to get the basic K3 L without these modes. Just one normal mode - no Sports or ECO mode to choose from. Pay $6,000 / $12,000 less (EX / SX) and less headache.

I think not much issue..just that the gear is draggy....use normal mode and drive normally will do.

I still prefer CVVT..

K3 2017 facelift SX has the 3 modes, the EX and L don't have.

For me Eco or normal I clock the same..around 11 - 12 km.

If you have more people in your car, use the normal mode, if you driving alone, can use ECO mode.

Eco mode put the gear shifting slower...and the aircon also work slower...

Now I use normal mode.

In order to achieve good FC, drive in smooth traffic expressway...

The longer distant you drive in smooth traffic the better your FC is..

I am doing sales, so I drive in small route and expressway..but my expressway hardly is from one end of PIE to the other end..

This is for PRE FACELIFT..

2017 facelift does not have these modes..only ECO/NORMAL/ SPORTS

I think not much issue..just that the gear is draggy....use normal mode and drive normally will do.

I still prefer CVVT..

What do you mean by " I still prefer CVVT"?

Supersonic

I always wonder even the car comes with so many different mode, but how often do you use all of them le?

I always wonder even the car comes with so many different mode, but how often do you use all of them le?

When traffic Jam, I use Eco mode. When on highway or NSHW, I use normal mode. I don't use Sport mode at all. Feel there's no need to.

There is only one thing to improve your fuel consumption - change your driving style.

1) Step firmly on the gas pedal. Aim to shift up to cruising gears (5 or 6) as soon as possible. Reach cruising speeds as soon as possible even on small roads.

2) Use cruise control when on highways. Set a speed that's slightly slower than the general speed in the lane. And go with the flow... explain example when I drive off peak, I lock my cruise control at exactly 90 kmh, I use the +/- button to control my speed by slowing down and speeding up. Then switch off cruise when you need to slow down fast. Then press resume once you have enough distance between you and the car in front of you.

3) Exercise patience. Cruise control takes time to accelerate. And keep your distance. So that you have enough distance to slow down without stepping on the brakes.

4) Stay within speed limits on the highway. Makes a huge difference to your consumption. Even on the non-highway roads.

normal is normal

sport is heavy steering

or am i mistaken.

Yes. For facelift, its actually alter when the transmission changes gear. Eg, sport mode will see your transmission changing gear at higher rpm compared to normal/comfort mode

I have the same problem too. Im on eco mode and feel that its abit sluggish when moving off and acceleration or upping slopes. Think i should try changing to normal. But does eco mode really save fuel for u? I am getting 7.8km/L which i know is very bad. Any tips?

Bro... your 7.8 is confirm km/L or is it L/100 km?

I suspect they might have misread the units.

I really really really doubt the k3 de FC can be that bad.

The lowest I ever got was 8km/lit. This is when I was using manual paddle shifters and redline every single gear change for 3/4 tank.

Like no kidding when I say I redline every gear change.

Now I go back to normal human being driving, I am getting 12-12.5km/lit. And this is with very bad jam everyday to/from work. (Traffic not moving type of jam) And my drive to my work place is not very long distance on the highway also.

40% highway, 60% minor road.

And I drive right lane all the way one. I am anything but gentle on my throttle pedal.

Hi bro its really km/L. But would like to highlight that this is only the 7th day since i got my car (not sure if it matters) and tbh im mostly driving in heartland areas.

Hi bro its really km/L. But would like to highlight that this is only the 7th day since i got my car (not sure if it matters) and tbh im mostly driving in heartland areas.

Oh. Then its really bad. I am getting 8L/100km which is abt 11km/l plus minus

Some questions regarding the ventilated seat:

About 5 months of ownership, the cool air from the seat at its coolest (3 bar) is not as cool and powerful unlike how it was initially (considering the fact that it was brand new back then). Is this normal? I use the ventilated seats about 70% of the time on the road.

ps. does anyone know of the costs and procedure of ventilation seat repair? is it done by a replacement of motor that can be seen below the front seat?

try resetting the FC gauage, go on highway and see what your FC/L is

↡ Advertisement