KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Supercharged

As much as I know mine (FL) does have the headlights that will turn off after a few seconds if its left in automatic once the engine is shut off. Not sure if it turns off automatically if its left on manual mode, haven't tested that out yet. Normally I would turn off the headlights before shutting down the engine just to play safe.

When people buy a new car do they ever read the Car Manual??

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

I reset the FC and drove on highway this morning. I got FC of 13.6km/L, not bad right? I'm relieved now.

I think we don't measure fuel consumption this way. My 1.6t can run up to 13-14km/h on expressway. Each time you fill up full tank, take the total mileage divided by the amount of litres to see your average fuel consumption.

I think we don't measure fuel consumption this way. My 1.6t can run up to 13-14km/h on expressway. Each time you fill up full tank, take the total mileage divided by the amount of litres to see your average fuel consumption.

Ok! Will try calculating by the time my tank empties.
  • Praise 2

Does any owner knows if the K3 comes with headlights warning if forgot to switch off ? Any idea where to install if it doesn't ?

Leave to Auto setting then you won't have any problems. Yesterday night some K3 driving around with DRL only, plus it's black car.

• Praise 1

Leave to Auto setting then you won't have any problems. Yesterday night some K3 driving around with DRL only, plus it's black car.

When u off engine everything will shutdown.

By the way does our brake pedal feels spongy and can travel to the floor ?

• Praise 2

Get it check. Its definitely not normal
  • Praise 2

(edited)

As much as I know mine (FL) does have the headlights that will turn off after a few seconds if its left in automatic once the engine is shut off. Not sure if it turns off automatically if its left on manual mode, haven't tested that out yet. Normally I would turn off the headlights before shutting down the engine just to play safe.

You're confusing two different features... you should really read the car manual once through...

1) Automatic headlights refers to the car turning on and off the headlights according to the light level outside the car. On your light stalk, turning the knob to auto will allow the headlights to turn on whenever the sensor detects the light level outside the car dropping below a certain level. This includes multi storey car parks even during the day time, entering into a tunnel (however short), passing under dense tree coverage, or even being in the shadow of a building.

2) All Hyundai and Kia cars have a battery saver circuit. Whether you leave your lights knob on auto or manual, once your engine is off, the lights of the car will cut off after about 30 seconds. It's to prevent your battery from running flat should you choose to switch on your headlights manually. If you use the auto mode, then this feature is moot cos the sensor will automatically cut off the lights when you cut the engine. But if on manual mode, the lights remain on even after you cut the engine. So this battery saver kicks in to cut the lights if you forget to manually switch them off.

3) There's another minor feature concerning the automatic nature of your headlights... I'm not sure if the K3 has this feature or not... you can choose to leave the headlights on for a pre-determined time after you cut the engine. It's there to help you see around when you're parking in an especially dark place. Most useful for overseas with 4 seasons and unlit roads and parking lots.

Bottom line is just use the automatic mode... that's what you paid for... and it saves you the hassle of a flat battery the next day.

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 1

Get it check. Its definitely not normal

Checked already. C&C said they serviced the brakes for me, and recently 20k servicing service brakes again( total twice ), still the same.

Travel all the way to the floor? Sounds problematic. Mine is slightly spongy after 1.5 years of use, thinking if want to flush brake fluid at 2 year mark or wait until time to replace brake pads then do all together.

the only time my brakes feel spongy was when my brake pads worn off liao. after changing back to normal.... :a-good:

• Praise 2

Travel all the way to the floor? Sounds problematic. Mine is slightly spongy after 1.5 years of use, thinking if want to flush brake fluid at 2 year mark or wait until time to replace brake pads then do all together.

Standard is to flush every 40k. Mine spongy and travel to floor when car is stationary. But braking power still there. Try pressing brake when car is not moving.

Standard is to flush every 40k. Mine spongy and travel to floor when car is stationary. But braking power still there. Try pressing brake when car is not moving.

Request cnc to check the pad & flush the system. There may be air pockets inside. Change steel braided hose if nothings help.

Neutral Newbie

Use normal drive mode. It happen at ard 4okm/L that is ard gear 3 to gear 4, the respond is kinda slow, so it jerk...

Yeah exactly the combo. 40km/h between gear 3 to 4 if on the slope.
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

any bros using the TPMS plug into the 12v slot can advise will there any restriction on the size of the display screen? seems like the position of the 12v slot is very near to the side and may affect the plugging in of the TPMS display

I installed mine at Li Hong Auto @ Bukit Batok.. also using the 12V socket.. I just leave the display screen at the bottom of the compartment.. just that the compartment cover have to be left open to see the display lor.. my TPMS is the Orange brand I think it's from Taiwan..
  • Praise 2

Get it check too. K3 wont show check light if master cylinder malfunction?

I went to C&C , they said it's normal. They said if it's stiff then something is wrong. Funny right. The Mechanic jammed e-brake and the car stopped. He says no problem.

Checked already. C&C said they serviced the brakes for me, and recently 20k servicing service brakes again( total twice ), still the same.

Sounds like your hydraulic fluid is leaking... a leaking master pump... serious stuff bro...
↡ Advertisement