KIA K3 Owners check-in!

TTT

Hi All,

Collected my K3 SX a week and a half ago. Rich Expresso. Going in for 1k servicing tomorrow. So far pretty happy with the ride. :) 

Awesome to see such a lively group in here. 

Cheers

• Praise 2

I went to C&C , they said it's normal. They said if it's stiff then something is wrong. Funny right. The Mechanic jammed e-brake and the car stopped. He says no problem.

Ask for a test drive with the mech on their test drive car. Sbow him the difference. Cant be the pedal to the floor during normal braking is normal.

Or go outside workshop to get second opinion

Hi All,

Collected my K3 SX a week and a half ago. Rich Expresso. Going in for 1k servicing tomorrow. So far pretty happy with the ride. :)

Cheers

Welcome to the K3 family. Expresso is a nice color. Cheers!

Ask for a test drive with the mech on their test drive car. Sbow him the difference. Cant be the pedal to the floor during normal braking is normal.

Or go outside workshop to get second opinion

Yup he showed me an old Cerato, also same. Actually it's not to the floor he explained. There's still a distance from the floor. Just that I feel that it's spongy and depress too much. But he said normal driving won't depress so much. Bro u try depress pedal hard till it cannot be depressed. Is the pedal very low?
  • Praise 1

Hi All,

Cheers

Wow u clock 1k in 1.5wks, guess u travel alot:-) i got the car around the same time as u and im still less than 300km. Do share how the servicing is like after u are done!
  • Praise 1

Yup he showed me an old Cerato, also same. Actually it's not to the floor he explained. There's still a distance from the floor. Just that I feel that it's spongy and depress too much. But he said normal driving won't depress so much. Bro u try depress pedal hard till it cannot be depressed. Is the pedal very low?

Its true that we wont depress alot during normal driving. You said the pedal almost travel down to the floor during normal driving if i didnt read wrongly. If i read correctly, then its really not normal.

Tomorrow i try and get back to u again.

• Praise 1

Standard is to flush every 40k. Mine spongy and travel to floor when car is stationary. But braking power still there. Try pressing brake when car is not moving.

travel to floor when car is stationary? your engine off or on? if off definitely after few depress will be soft. but after engine on, the brake will harden back to normal with freeplay. wats your mileage now? have C&C checked your brake pads during servicing?

• Praise 1

Its true that we wont depress alot during normal driving. You said the pedal almost travel down to the floor during normal driving if i didnt read wrongly. If i read correctly, then its really not normal.

Tomorrow i try and get back to u again.

Sorry. I mean can travel 2/3 when stationary. Normal driving brake start to firm up. Not possible to press to floor unless ebrake.

travel to floor when car is stationary? your engine off or on? if off definitely after few depress will be soft. but after engine on, the brake will harden back to normal with freeplay. wats your mileage now? have C&C checked your brake pads during servicing?

I tot it should be engine off pedal become hard? Start engine become soft. My mileage 19,000 and done 20k servicing, C&C serviced the brakes. Brake fluid still on factory pour as the servicing menu only replace brake fluid at 40k. Maybe the factory pour is not good.

Sorry. I mean can travel 2/3 when stationary. Normal driving brake start to firm up. Not possible to press to floor unless ebrake.

This is normal bro. My car does that too. If u r really concern, go other ws for another opinion

Wow u clock 1k in 1.5wks, guess u travel alot:-) i got the car around the same time as u and im still less than 300km. Do share how the servicing is like after u are done!

Gave it for 1k servicing today. Returned back the key after an hour as if everything was ok. Went to drive off. Luckily I have a habit of circling car everytime before getting in to make sure ed erything is ok. Found a big scratch in the front bumper. Totally disappointed.

When I asked about it the service assistant was trying to say it was my fault. But they didn't have a case since luckily I didn't drive out before noticing. Said they will repaint and give.

Accidents happen. They could've just owned up to it and said they will rectify rather than to expect us customers to not notice and drive off. Once out they can always say we hit the car.

Very disappointed.

• Praise 2

Gave it for 1k servicing today. Returned back the key after an hour as if everything was ok. Went to drive off. Luckily I have a habit of circling car everytime before getting in to make sure ed erything is ok. Found a big scratch in the front bumper. Totally disappointed.

When I asked about it the service assistant was trying to say it was my fault. But they didn't have a case since luckily I didn't drive out before noticing. Said they will repaint and give.

Accidents happen. They could've just owned up to it and said they will rectify rather than to expect us customers to not notice and drive off. Once out they can always say we hit the car.

Very disappointed.

Omg! How irresponsible of them to try pushing the blame. Which service centre did u go to? I heard from an acquaintance to avoid the one at Ubi.

Omg! How irresponsible of them to try pushing the blame. Which service centre did u go to? I heard from an acquaintance to avoid the one at Ubi.

Shit...Ubi is the nearest for me.
  • Praise 1

Went all the way to pandan even though ubi is nearest for me.

Went all the way to pandan even though ubi is nearest for me.

Anyway. They didn't say they won't rectify. But by not pointing out the damage they did they lost my trust. Hopefully they can redeem themselves with proper rectification.

As I said earlier accidents happen no matter how careful you are. Don't blame them for it.

But should have taken ownership of it and said will rectify. Rather than I pointing it out and then taking it up.

Anyway don't take this as the guide to evaluate their performance. Ithe might be a one off incident. Just make sure u check car before and after servicing

Edited by Dilasan21

Omg. I have bad experience with Ubi too. Once I checked in my car in the night wanted to rectify radiator leak. Next morning they called say no time to do. For breakdown they won't entertain also. I made a big complain and the manager from Leng Kee told me go to Alexandra next time.